History channel/woodgas truck

Hey CharlesM
Welcome to the DOW.
On some topic threads ranting is fine as you can read back on this one. Different opinions leads to better understandings.
Another: if you are a Premium paid in member is the True Costs & Value of a Woodgas System that AdminChrisKY started a while back. HenryA. just put a terrific good post there. I say serious, well thought out, covering many relevant points. Some I suppose might call it a rant.
As you can see we all take our woodgassing seriously. Many of us have many years, thousands of hours and as much money as we can divert to make it work Better, Real, Today useable.

Yes. (hang into your hats folks - SteveU ranting)
Was noticeable after this History Channel “American Embarrassment” pants-dropping/flesh-flashing the spike here on the DOW in the Free Plans being viewed and downloaded.
Now if I was King of the Forest (Wizard of Oz) I’d pull down that “free” like the worthless FEMA crap system as distracting. Plenty of that crap on YouTube for the easy, free, shallow thinking, wanting their hits and toaks of pablum.
Ha! Ha! As my wife reminded me just this morning going off to works; the King may roar, but it is the Queen actually getting things done. So . . . mr king what are you going to get done for “us” today? Huh?
Weed eating slaughtering. Lots and lots of left green, growing, safe from from my neighbors illegal 4th aerial exjuberances freedom tooting blown over my properties. One hit my house. Metal roof. One hit the side of the chicken house. No eggs now for three days. And the three dogs on tranquilizers for two days.
Really hard to just channel turn away from that when they trespass forcing into your life.
Fireworks do-da’s should be done out over bodies of water - not your neighbors fields.
Sigh. I need the goodwill of my neighbors to vote defending my right to farm.
Roll with it Steve. Roll with it. Just like with the bow hunters backyard practicing and their oversoots arrows. They do not get them back. Get then a night of 1:00 AM Steve “practicing” shot gunning for chicken killing coyotes disturbing their sleep. And we can escalate that to up to every two hours 3:00 Am and 5:00 AM. with the windows shaking .300 magnum. And my noise is legal.

So in the reality of things that BIG Waves are best rolled with, and ridden to your benefit:
the #1 search link to this History Channel “woodgas truck” American abortion is this topic string here on the DOW now. Then serious interested folks can get the real scoop that here in North America we actually can be world class competitive, now, today. Speed, time and distance and fuel consumption.

The Premium side is set up intentionally for real Life living DO’ers willing to step up over a commitment hurdle.
Please do join up CharlesM if you haven’t already. Sounds like you. A guy with ethics and morals.

Regards
Steve Unruh

Right on Bill.

Hello Steve, thanks for the warm welcome.
Yeah man, whilst watching the M M episode I immediately searched “wood burning truck” or something similar and was led to MEN, then to a Wayne Keith article and of course found the DOW website. I ordered the book and membership the next day during business hours. For some reason I didn’t get instant access but one call to Chris and that was fixed.
Then I started watching the construction videos. I watched 22 the first day. The following Saturday I was at the salvage yard looking for material. I brought home a prime candidate (I thought) for a fire tube (first things first). Well the ID is only 10 3/4 and it’s almost 1/2" thick… so too small too heavy. Back to the salvage yard this coming Friday I hope. I went last week to the mountains of South Carolina and bought a 1993 Dodge Dakota with the V8 Magnum.
I have Mig and Stick welders but I’m now saving for a plasma cutter. If I were already driving on wood the saving part would be faster but then we wouldn’t be having this conversation I suppose.

Anyway I look forward to learning from you good folks here at DOW. I cant believe this fire tube is holding me up, that thing will keep me busy for a few afternoons when I find the right size pipe for it.

As for your neighbors’ festivities, sounds like you’ve got their number. The shot gunning every 2 hours throughout the night should send a clear message. But sadly
that comes with no guarantee. People just aren’t raised to respect other people or their belongings the way we used to be.
No discipline is the same as no rules… No accountability breeds no responsibility. I can’t wait (I actually dread) to see what the new school curriculum “Common Core” leads us to. You think you have FUN neighbors now. Wait till they are indoctrinated exactly the way Big Govt. wants them without being held back by pesky “parents rights”.
Parents are being drug out of Parent Teacher meetings and locked up just for standing up and disagreeing with the school board on what their kids are forced to read.
One man was given the floor and disagreed with them and drug out and locked up because he went over his 2 minutes. Only 1 person stood and took up for him, a fearless woman. Every last one of the rest just sat there like good little sheep. Sometimes I feel like we are doomed for tyranny (or either a good fight).

Y’all be good,
Chuck

1 Like

Hello Mountain Men viewers.
Now do you want to see REAL VEHICLE WOODGAS Driving??
In REAL TODAY useable driving around traffic capable commuting use?

Gary Langworthy firing up and within minutes driving away to work. Mix of country road. Then divided highway. Then spotlight urban traffic commuting.
He works at an oil refinery.

His detailed, pictured step by step building is here:

Woodgas using IS Real, and Relevant, Useable Today. Only take you 27 minutes unedited, unscripted, undramatized to see this.
Just takes a wiliness to Up, Off-Ass, Work-it.
DOers can woodgas use.
Serious actual Woodgas using responds poorly to keyboarding it, and jawboning it.

Are you a DOer? Alive, producing INvolved with life!
Or . . . these others . . . a mere consumer OF life?
Join the living. Woodgas.

Regards
Washington State Steve Unruh

Last night was a new episode with them driving on wood. Maybe we should be building that style of gasifier. They didn’t have to light it, fill it or even check on it the whole time they drove it. They just turned the key and drove away. Gotta get me one of those.

With your feet in the air and your head on the ground … try this trick and spin it around … When your head collapses because there is nothing in it, you have to ask yourself, Where is my mind ?? Where is my mind ???
The Pixies from the 80’s somewhere … I’ve had people telling me how to run my systems for years. We have a country full of experts … LOL … Where is my mind … BBB / SWEM … Had to take my trailer off the truck today … Have to work on the trailer hitch … Regards, Mike

some “exposure” for sure. UPS guy recognized mine right off this week. Didn’t have a clue how it worked, but recognized it non the less.

You gotta hand it to these guys. Drove off without a hitch, stayed up with traffic on the freeway, had no bridging or refueling to worry about, and I didn’t see a wisp of smoke leak out anywhere during the whole trip.

Now if someone would only show them how to engage the 4WD when they get stuck…

1 Like

It’s funny to me … I don’t have high speed internet or cable or satelite TV so haven’t seen any of this stuff or the youtubes everybody posts. I caught part of an episode of duck dynasty at a hotel a couple of months ago and just turned it off. The one guy was a JERK … We know the real deal … After getting partially paralyzed last year the wood thing became a challenge but it is finally fun again … There’s usually a “work-around” … Carl, I hope your new unit is working well !!! I need help lifting my new gasifier up on my old trailer. I got the old one off and still have to make a cyclone for the new system … Also a shroud etc etc etc etc … One of my nozzle inlets on the old gasifier put a crease in the side of my 61 studebaker. I thought I was way clear of it … The infirmities of age and I can’t find that can of harbor blue paint … Mike