Indoor cooking with woodgas?

Not my field Giorgio, but you are lucky to have a son that is interested in the things you are interested in and you can share the time together. I have three sons and was not so fortunate.

3 Likes

Giorgio, in order to generate alternating voltage, there is a basic element in the circuit, an oscillator, and then this small signal is amplified by an amplifier to the desired power, the oscillator with this frequency is used in hours, and the amplifier can be used from the sound system,…
https://www.google.si/search?q=13.56+mhz+oscillator&prmd=ivn&sxsrf=ALiCzsasPaadKZmmOinA3Fr2J4yn3N8Zpg:1663263142673&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjTp6WGqpf6AhXWiv0HHWkFCjsQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=360&bih=512&dpr=2

well, this is already quite a high frequency, maybe even a little too high for a standard amplifier,… in old analog radio receivers, the carrier frequency of the channel was adjusted with a variable capacitor, which formed an oscillator with the choke

4 Likes

It looks like you can hit 13-14mhz with an arduino.

Then you can use that output to control a mosfet which is like a relay or a transistor, but operates at a lot faster frequencies then a relay and switch more power then a transistor, to turn on and off the circuit. They are found in motor control boards L293, etc which aren’t that expensive, just make sure it can handle the frequency you send it. (or you can pluck a mosfet off an old gadget.) There is all sorts of stuff for hooking an arduino to a motor controller board. typically they use an H-bridge for direction control, which isn’t needed.

The fancier digital software defined radios I believe are using plc’s. To program them, I can’t recommend for a kid to even try unless they have a firm understanding of what they are doing.

You can ALSO sometimes get away with resonant frequencies so like on a stringed instrument, if you have the same note but in different octaves, then can resonate each other.

3 Likes

as a side note 13.56mhz seems like it was a resonant frequency of water which something much higher, and I think it was also a frequency used for creating ozone from water for water purification systems, but that might be the next one up in the 40mhz range. UV light dissociation to create ozone was like 254nm. (all off the top of my head, so it could be incorrect)

3 Likes

Hello Friend from afar. I am interested in a wood gas generator. I prepared an acetylene gas generator for this project from carbite combustion. It is with water protection. it will be beneficial for gas production. I would like to seek your advice. I am enclosing a photo. Regards.

7 Likes

hello miroslaw
welcome in the forum !!!

i have charcoal…what engine size you have?

English-Manual-V3-PDF.pdf (2.1 MB)

best regards giorgio

5 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vlIA_qp1dpqfWUniYShOKIJNbiH8gvX-/view?usp=sharing
I am sending you a link about an acetylene gas furnace, they were used in Poland a long time ago

6 Likes

Welcome. Whatever you do, keep the calcium carbide in an airtight container and store that in a -well- ventilated and preferably explosion proof area. Humidity in the air is enough moisture to create acetylene. Electronics, static electric and other sparks are enough to light the acetylene and things go boom.

They aren’t outlawed in the states but they are highly regulated, and insurance costs for using one go through the roof if they aren’t in a well ventilated, cement block structure 50ft from another building.

1 Like

Hello, Friend from Poland, I show what material I have to make to make a gas stove for wood, everything exists and I process it correctly

2 Likes

Gergio, I have never built a wood gas generator, I am showing you the things that I have for a long time not used for the purpose of remaking them.

3 Likes

I have my own forge and I am afraid of a difficult situation due to the lack of energy for the winter in Poland, it is possible that there is no gas or electricity supply

2 Likes

Honestly, if you have the space and money, I would look at solar panels. There is also thermal solar panels like water and air which you can construct yourself which are inexpensive to construct, which can get you heat.

For wood gas if you just want to jump in and get started quickly, the charcoal based simple fire, you can probably have done in a day. I am assuming you already make charcoal for your forge and for making calcium carbide and you have some sort of small engine to use.

Poland actually get a lot of electric from coal, so that may not be affected as far as supply, but prices will probably go up. Gas prices aren’t going down and wood demand will be going up as well.

2 Likes

have you own wood? ( pictures from the internet- this i will build in winter…for simple cooking for emergency situations

9 Likes

Did you see the video I linked about using waste oil in a rocket stove Giorgio?. Robert Murry-Smith. Same rocket stove. Dual fuel.

4 Likes

Hi Toma,

where I live there is no problem with the fuel I can have dry grass pressed, branches or dry broken wood shavings. I am a resourceful person. I do everything myself with my hands.

5 Likes

Giorgio, Welcome to the neighborhood where I live there is a lot of gas to get gas, there is a lot of it, people don’t want to work

3 Likes

You are my kind of person Miroslaw. I am glad you have joined us. I am the same about fuels and I have more firewood than I could ever use, but I have built several rocket stoves and they do require you to refill them every half hour or so. I think with the waste oil burner in one you could let one work longer without having to refuel.

3 Likes

I need to design a rocket stove for my dad. He likes to make gallons and gallons of boiled peanuts.

I have a failed steel rocket stove, but I may be able to salvage it with insulation and an air inlet.

1 Like

How is it not working right? Like you say. You may want to make an air inlet in the horizontal run.

2 Likes

It isnt getting flame out the top, it’s also not getting a draft very easily. I think I need to add a secondary air.

Also insulating the chimney area would help, I can do a wrap of ceramic wool and then skin it with some sheet metal.

This was something I had made in the spur of the moment after seeing that 4" square, has 1/4" wall too.

3 Likes