JO´s 8" gasifier

:frowning_face: That is not good JO. We need a unlike button.
I hope management is not forgetting about safety at your plant with less people working there.
Your dog is gasifier dog, not many of those breeds around. He is more than One In A Million.
Bob

3 Likes

People often ask what breed he is. Now I know what to tell them :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for another DOW rabbit vid, always enjoy. Those red buildings are starting to grow on me, I wonder if Lowes sells “Swedish Red”?:blush:

Next time maybe next time you can drive past Mats Sundin’s place, I’d like to see if he’s got a Leaf’s jersey hanging in the window!

2 Likes

Will, I guess you could order the red pigment and brew your own paint with flour, linseed oil and water :smile: Ordinary paint is expensive. Falu röd is not.
With 18 seasons in NHL and most of the time the Maple Leafs captain I’m sure I’ll be able to locate Sundin’s place only by what’s hanging in the window. He’s only 4 bags of wood away :smile:

4 Likes

Most of my buildings get painted with used motor oil. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Wow, that’s new to me. Do you paint with the oil as is or anything else mixed in? Now you have me thinking.

1 Like

Depends how I spray it. If something like an undercoating gun, I use it straight. Something like a paint sprayer I would cut it with something like diesel or used paint thinner. Some people use a pump weed sprayer. Kind of hard to bush unless a small area.

2 Likes

Do you do any welding in there?:grimacing:

2 Likes

haber freight has a spray gun for spackel celings it works great for a oil grease mix I do this on all my vehicles before winters.

4 Likes

I bet the mechanic love you when he has to work under your vehicles, oh wait you are the mechanic that works on them. Lol
Bob

5 Likes

having a posting problem, need to ad some words.

Hi Will, I do a lot of indoor welding with exhaust fan. The oil stain is only for the outside, preservative. In time it soaks in or evaporates. Diesel sump oil has a nice dark tone. I would not use it on the inside. Exterior only.

4 Likes

It’s been a while since I posted a Rabbit DOW.
9k miles on wood since first lightup 16 months ago.
No major hickups so far. I’ve owned cars that caused me more trouble running straight gasoline.

15 Likes

JO: What the He–!! My computer asked me if I didn’t want to reply to some one else, I have posted in your thread 3 times already. They suggest that maybe I should continue my post in a personal e-mail. BUZZ OFF computer!!!
Anyway thank you for the beautiful ride. The snow make a pretty front ground for a ride, but I am glad you have it and not me. Were you on the road too early for the snow plows to have done their work or doesn’t the state plow the roads? Don’t you have a “rabbit hutch” somewhere that you can put your rabbit in to keep the snow off?
Your vacuum is showing only about 5 inches – I forget is that in the hopper or the ash pan?
As you said, you haven’t been posting much lately; is that because you are working on the Mazda? I suppose it is too early for me to ask how it is coming. ( I have been called “pushy” at times )
My project is one step forward and two back. I had a step forward yesterday, so am afraid of what awaits me today. All my improvement are on hold and just trying to get it running again with the new oxidation and reduction chambers. TomC

3 Likes

Hello JO

Over the years I have rebuilt somewhere around 20-30 diesel and gasoline motors I have owned , maybe even more!!

The last ten years I have been asked several times what the inside of as woodgased motor looks like . I must admit I have no idea :smile:

If it’s not broke don’t fix it .

BBB

11 Likes

JO, that was one Beautiful drive, I see there is a lot of free wood along the highway, all piled up. Lol. Looking forward to when you have 2 DOW vehicles to drive.
Thanks for the video.
Bob

1 Like

JO

Thanks for the video , I enjoyed it although I had to put my hat and coat on to watch :grinning:

6 Likes

Thanks guys!

Wayne, I agree. Woodgas seems to be the perfect motor fuel.

Bob, I’m looking forward to when I’ll be feeding them both too.

And now to TomC’s questionnaire :smile:

Plowed alright, but no salt in the countryside which makes for a perfect winter road. Closer to the city it’s a brown slush mess.

The pic was at work. No hutch there. At home I park under the carport.

The guages are “world standard” mbar. Translated into inches of water I pulled about 12" on the rails and 3" on the hopper in the video.

I just don’t want you to be fed up with me by the time I release the Mazda videos :smile: Progress is slow though. However the actual gasifier is close to finished and I might drag it out into the snow and make a flaring video just for fun when time allows.

Is there an update made on this progress? :smile:

5 Likes

JO, This would make a great portable shelter at work. No snow in the back bed to clean out, and everything stays dry. It even keeps your windows clear of ice and snow, no cleaning the windows off. Time saved scraping windows. can be folded up and put into a feed bag. Takes about three minutes to put on the truck, the back end of the tarp is pre folded the way you see it. Start from the back to install, and start from the front of the truck folding the tarp to remove. Then fold the sides to the center and fold the center. Into the feed bag it goes. The bungees stay attached.
Try it you will like it.
Bob

3 Likes

One other thing I noticed the other day when shutting my gasifier down is I covered the top of the hopper lid my green carpet with a piece of welding blanket under it. Put the tarp on and hours later it was still toasty warm in under the tarp. The Gasifier was keep warm no air movement to cool it off just trap air.
Bob

3 Likes

One other innovation I noticed is the 6” drop when you launch.
Is that to ensure there is no bridging?

8 Likes