John Deere M

working on the top end now… handle/hinge and latch next on the list

Nice work Arvid !

You are not the only one, at last. The no-shake grate has now been adopted for a Jeep Cherokee 4,3 liter with likewise good success. Fuel is cubes and spiral-screw cut hack, driven by a tractor as power source.

The building material is all-out SS and has been TIG welded. Time will tell how many thousand miles (km) the confidence will consist…

gasman

Looking good Arvid. Where did you get those handy little table stands?

Thanks guys!

That is a good question Don. My boss picks up all kinds of stuff on the cheap, I have at least a half dozen of them… When I see him I’ll ask him, though he doesn’t come up here much.

Keep us posted with you success Gasman… Good to hear your grate is working for ya. I think at one point you mentioned it had run on sawdust… what size of sawdust? what made it?

Arvid, did you miss the fuel? Cubes and screw-cut hack! A tractor drives the screw-hacker, bits are big as a palm… and contains a bit smaller pieces too.
The sawdust project is another thing for my Micra; it uses no grate or hearth.

gasman

Ahhhh… that’s right… I was thinking of your Micra.

good to see you here, lots of people can learn from your experience. Between you and Steve U we got it all :slight_smile: (not to mention Wayne, Chris, Mike… and the list goes on… )

The current chairman of the Ecomobilists has now a SS TIG-welded version of the “ginipeg” hanging under his firetube on his “1” Cherokee jeep…
The Siligaine-tube filter has only 3,275 m2 area, and it would fit better for his Nissan picup 2,4 liter.
The Jeep has an oxidation volume of 8% of the WAT gas consuption/s at 2,300 RPM. 8 nozzles 8,6 mm holes, tip-circle 220 mm, height over reduction tube 85 mm, reduction tube 130 mm diam. length 130 mm.
Send me a private note, will you?
gasman

Sent ya an email Max.

Had and older gentleman stop in today.I suspect he would have stayed longer if his wife hadn’t been sitting out in the car.

His son down in Pennsylvanian had forwarded him a link to our website with regards to woodgas… he was about to drive by our shop when he realized it was us… so we had a nice chat. showed him what we had done and what we are working on. Who knows if he’ll ever buy anything, but he was pretty impressed with what we had done so far. Gave him some info and told him to stop by any time.

Nice to see people becoming interested in wood gas even in our neck of the woods

lid parts coming together… rope and silicone for the win… cling wrap between anything I want to separate easily :slight_smile:

I suppose if I get the lid hinge and hold down finished nothing is really stopping me from flaring… Hmmmmm we’ll see…

Like the concept

Hi, Arvid!

Let the silicone stiffen throughout before applying pressure, otherwise the “internals” may spray out!
Max

a few more pics of the finished reactor…

painting some parts

Hey friend ArvidO. been catching up and watching with interest.
Nice thing about your systems is I figure they will actually get used.
This project is advancing along enough now to consider a name, eh?

Alpha/numbering systems is kinnda ok as you can indicated size and capability with the numbering. Alpha part kinda breaksdown though needed a key chart to remember what the letters actually mean. And then in what language? Chinese mechanical/engine/industrial triple alpha letters actually means system detail things in Chinese. Greek to me.
Henry Ford actually had two model “A”‘s. Earliest was an unlettered design before his C, D, F and race car K’s. The production model T was just a continuation of this. THEN later jump to the “newer” production Model A? Later yet now simpley “Ford V-8’s” with and economy car four cylinder version then designated as a (new) Model “B”? Confuses much until you read a time-lined history book. Same books: 1960’s Ford introduced “XL” means Extra Lightning.
John Deere themselves faced this running out of sequential alpha letters, later letter doubled up; and later yet then switching to numbers block naming to try and better indicate size/power capability. Works. But kinnda’ cold and impersonal I think.
DOS 3 -> 4 -> 5 . . . what happened to 6? On, yeah; became Windows. Not too bad. But then Windows 3 became Windows 3.21 which could do LESS. Set the pattern that Microsoft (indication easy to use, or light on the bits/bytes required - some joke) that the .xx was actually the glitches and patent stepped on fixes; not so much actual perfornace upgrades.

I fall hard into the named for striving attributes liking thinking.
My pocket list of so-far unused woodgas systems suggestions would be: Endeavor, Challenger and such.
Your tractor version maybe Do-All as play on the FarmAll name?

As always, Thanks for the pictures.
Steve Unruh

p.s. written on a MACintosh (tree of Knowledge), in a PowerBook chassis (personal POWER&Control in your hands!) ran by a Leopard (fast, sleek, Predator) operating system. Yeah, he’s gotton kinnda old, slow and greyed now. If I hadda’ 'nother decade in me I’d need to go with a Snow Leopard or Lion.

Would you show a pic of how the lid gasket looks done?
I did mine kind of like that but used wax paper, pulls off ok IF you put the dullest side towards sealer. Does that plastic pull off good?
You are doing a real nice clean job!!!

I hear ya on the naming front. We have started affectionately referring to this unit as Lil’ Johnny… no, no not dirty Johnny… though we have called it that a couple of times too…

We’ll probably do the attributes in the serial number… and yes we’ll have to develop a standard code for that… kinda like the GM alphabet…

Always good to hear from you my friend… and I’m glad you’re able to see the pics of what we’re doing…

new pet peeve… flat black paint that isn’t flat…

A little shine won’t hurt - it won’t stay that way anyway :slight_smile:
I like that rolling tool storage bench!