John Deere M

That is pretty interesting. I would’ve never guessed those results. FYI: both of the videos you posted are the same.

fixed

The charcoal guys may be able to utilize waste stream from Co-Gen pants and such.
Thanks for putting that up.
TerryL

I’m not sure how to understand this experiment. It’s apparent most of of the soot will go to the desired spot. Is it the same if the cyclone is standing straight up? What it does tell me is how ineffective my cyclone was.
Does the cyclone go in right after the heat exchanger?
Is the design of this cyclone available?

Stephen has done some testing and i believe he has gotten just over ninety two percent effeciency in verticle operation. he does sell his units but he are ver simple. he has pics in yahoo woodgas group

making lid rings by hand… I really need to get a ring roller… and a slip roller… and… and … and… and…

Maybe not as fast as with a roller but it looks really good Arvid!

AWESOME!

thanks guys…

The rollers make it easy but man, that looks great!

cooler sitting upside down… mount plate with cooler condensate tank resting on it… it will be connected via 2 1 1/2" pipes on unions. the modded propane tank on the counter is gonna be my final filter… once it’s done that is… the existing valve will be replaced with a quarter turn valve… can’t have too many places to collect and dump condensates from.

I hear that Arvid. Finding out from experience that you can’t have too many moisture dumps. Coming right along. Dan

slowly but surly

family portrait

Looks like a very nice unit Arvid, is the filter shown?

No Herb, it’s mia… still on the work bench… hoping to have it done tonight… yeah, I don’t take weekends off… or holidays it seems… Monday is a holiday here… maybe if I get enough done today I’ll reward myself.

working on the filter… rolling a cylinder when you don’t have a slip roller… what a pain… slowly it’s coming together…

Gas will enter on the side near the top, tangentially, swirl around to the bottom and then come up through the filter media and exit out the top… or, at least that is the plan. I’ll have a 1/4 turn valve at the bottom so I can drain any condensate.

New family pic… filter included…

I haven’t welded in all the fittings as i need to do a test fit to make sure my plumbing routes are all good… hopefully tomorrow morning will see that done.

test fit started

Nice Arvid!

Made an ash clean out today and welded it in … with that I’m starting to button up the gasser’s bottom end… so many small things that need to be done… soon… I keep telling myself that at any rate… :slight_smile: