John Deere M

Thanks Don, 2 1/2" I can change it up to 3" if necessary, but I don’t think I’ll need to.

this 39" tall bad boy don’t look like much but it has all the high tech, low tech goodness I can throw at it…

Just need to make a bottom flange, install the grate, finish the lid, do the final outside welding and i can put some fire in it… hopefully this weekend…

Good to see it’s coming along!
Fire is good, fire and video is even better :slight_smile:
TerryL

What Terry said, we want to see the fire too.

LOL… camera is always charged… if I get it buttoned up I’ll make a vid of it flaring… Hey T, I found another thing that ejector is good for… cap the outlet and I can pressurize my air pre heat dodad… My welding must be getting better, only two small pin holes… could barely notice them with 20 psi goin on… My threaded joints on my ejector leaked more.

Looking great Arvid! what is the diamter of the piping you’ll be using? 2-inch?

Thanks Troy, the tube you can see in the pic is the air inlet… it’s 1 1/2", and yes i’ll be using 2" for the gas outlet through out the rest of the system to the gas/air mixer…

Slowly coming together… all the main welding is done… grate and bottom plate are made… just a cyclone and final filter and then i can plumb it… soon… I hope… soon…

That’s very professional looking, Arvid. Great to have all that room.
Pepe

Thanks Pepe.

It gets heavier with every piece of steel… While I can still lift if on and off, it won’t be long when I won’t want too… heck who am I kidding… I don’t want to now… :slight_smile: Can’t wait till it’s done

Go’in to be very exciting to see this tractor chug to life. Somehow, it always seem quicker and lighter when we are building it in our minds. Looks clean, your not going to want to give it back when finished.:-\ Dan

What are the “wings” for by the front wheels, Arvid? Maybe to create some lift to take some weight off the front wheels? :slight_smile:

LOL… thanks guys. The steel is just a piece of flat stock to help position the rad for pics… haven’t gotten the mounts built yet… they won’t be there when it’s done…

Looks like i’ll be doing a Case 310 shortly too… at least i’ve learned a few things doing this build… next one should go a little smoother.

Sounds like another good opportunity.
It’s great to see other practical applications to wood gas. Thanks for sharing these experiences with us. I think the wide front end is more conducive for the distribution of weight than the narrow front ends when one gets into deep mud and snow. It will definitely keep the front down. :slight_smile:

Looks good Arvid, you kept it tucked in nice so to not loss to much visability.

Gasser sitting where it’s supposed… Cyclone should be done by tomorrow and then i can start laying out the plumbing.

The flare is coming soon. Nice!

Lookin Good Arv!

water testing the cyclone.

1D3D with 2" inlet and outlet… 5"OD tube body… I will probably have to weld the couple on it when I get it as forming the round tubing into a rectangle so close kinda distorted the threaded end somewhat… oh well… I’ll make it work.

Oh, my friend Stephen doing some cyclone testing… was interesting.