Jonathan Spreadborough's Charcoal Project

Hello Bryan .

Can you recognize any of the building in the pic

My friend David Bransby was speaking at an energy event at the university and also at a nearby agriculture event and wanted me to show my truck and generator.

We had a good interview on the local TV news :relaxed:

It was cold in Kirksville I almost froze :confounded:

3 Likes

Hi, Jonathan!
As a second stage filtering (if wet) for woodgas you need ~2’2 and 6 – 8" thick open-cell filtering per liter of displacement. On a personal car that means a long chest (an approriately formed ski-box) on the roof.
Max

Oh man it was cold… I recognize the hooded jacket. … that is me on the right

1 Like

Wayne,

Yes, I do remember the building behind you. The building to the right of the Dakota was only a parking lot when I was there. I got a good story about that brick archway in the very back of the picture (under that clock tower) I’ll have to save back till Argos…

Bryan

1 Like

Yes…in all of the places I have ever lived for any length of time, Kirksville had the wildest temperature swings. One day it would be 60 degrees and the next day 5 degrees. It has to do with Kirksville’s location relative to the jet stream. In the fall and winter, the jet stream can easily be to the north of Kirksville for a warm day and below the next day with a swift Canadian breeze, this looks like one of those memorable days for sure!!! I could never get adjusted to it.