JO's -91 Mazda B2600

Thanks Wayne!
I messed around with the dirty hay today. The bottom half was pretty packed with soot even though I have washed it down several times. It seems only the top layer will clean up if you only use the hose.
My clothes are well hidden in the basement but wife reminded me I forgot something that had to do with the tub color :innocent: I will bag my hay in the future.

7 Likes

Hi JO, when I pull my hay out of the hay filter in the clothes bag, I put in a big tub of water and get most of the soot out that way. I like using the hay over and over. It seems to break down into more fibers and work better, but you have to clean it more often. Less soot to the engine for cleaning it more often is ok for me. Having more than one bag for quick swap out replacements. In the winter time it is harder to clean and hen get it dryer with out freezing. You can hang in a warm place and let it drip most of the water out, fluff it up and it is read to go.
This a messy job but what isn’t in gasification.
Bob

5 Likes

Hello Jo and Mr. Bob .

I use 4 bags but only half full . I find when they are not full they will take the shape of the hay filter container more easily . ( any air coming through the filter must come through the hay )

4 Likes

Hi Wayne good afternoon,hope your hay days are many years too roll. i am about too set up another hay filter, this time full size canisters, Are them bags like burlap, ware best place too buy those type bags cheap? Then i was thinking it seems the soot might get caked in between the bag layers? have any pics of bags or look on line for.?Thanks for your kind DRIVE ON WOOD SITE.

1 Like

The above paragraph was for wayne.

1 Like

Hello Kevin.

Here are the bags I use . The wife gets these at Walmart for I think less than 2 bucks . Also I think burlap would be fine.

IMG_0564IMG_0565

9 Likes

Trucks looking good with the bags and dryer vent,blending. I will see what they got at wallmart, Thanks.

3 Likes

Washing down the hayfilter didn’t help much with the sluggish performance. So, I decided it was time to do some crawling in the mud under the truck to separate piping and find the plug. Doing that a little soot happened to fall down into my eye.

This 90 degree, close to the hayfilter inlet, only had 1/4 of the original csa.

Also, I removed the entire filter barrel, turned it upside down washed the hay out once more on the ground. The upside down plastic bucket inside, had most of its holes blocked with a mix of soot and wet hay. By now I was too wet and dirty to use the camera
I’m off for a nightshift and performance test in a couple hours.

11 Likes

So, you decided to become a panda? :smile:

Glad you found the plug. Was it hard to clean?

8 Likes

So I guess what you’re saying Jo,

With woodgas, a black eye actually brings a smile…:sunglasses:

Bryan

8 Likes

Sorry about the black eye JO

imageImage result for rca dog images

11 Likes

JO, I see you are wearing the right color clothing to do your work in. I’m glad to here you found the blockage. I’m also glad your wife wasn’t under the truck helping you out and had that happen to her.
Bob

4 Likes

I think the ‘smokey eye’ thing really works for you. LOL. Incentive for me to get mine put together. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the thumbs up guys.
@KristijanL No the soot was easily washed out with the hose.
@Wayne Is that relative of mine yours?

5 Likes

Couple of years ago Chris K had a picture of himself where he was totally blacked out
At least the soot cleans fairly easy. Now TAR!!@#&*

6 Likes

My wife fell in love with that cute little pup. OK, so did I!

2 Likes

The only thing that would be better if it had one ear up and the other flopped. Just my opinion

6 Likes

Hi Jo
I received today my PWM, the same as yours.
it will be enough, simply, to cut the thread + of the pump and to connect on input and on output?nothing connected on the central pin?

3 Likes

You have to run a ground wire to center terminal

3 Likes

Hi Thierry,
What Al said.
Also, you need a separate switch in series with the PWM, but I guess you already know.
Is something going on that we should know about?

3 Likes