Leitinger wood gasifier

My TBi has a fuse in the fuse block that controls the injectors. I removed the fuse and taped into each side of the fuse holder with separate wires and went to a switch, with a separate fuse in line… I throw one switch and it kills my fuel pump and injectors. TomC

1 Like

Kristijan, the third line is probably the fuel return line so your pressure is high and regulate back to your tank. You should be able to Google up your fuel system for your car.
Bob

Robert and Tom, thats just the kind of info l was looking for! The fuse trick mightl solve the problem!

Personally I´d call that baktändning :smile:

No, I have the old Bosch K-jet system and the injectors seem to shut completly tight. Any day I´m at 3000 km on wood. I´ve used only a few liters of gasoline. Startups and super short trips only.
If you have a fuel return line system it might not be so wise to put in a shut off valve unless you are very careful always shuting down the pump. I don´t know how that pump will react if the flow is shut off when running. Better then to follow TomC´s suggestion - fuse or relay for the injectors. Let´s just hope computer doesn´t notice.

Edit: Ops, typing at the same time…

1 Like

the timing will help a lot on your stalling problem and your backfire the elect route is the way to go . before I found the fuel being sucked in through the injectors I was wondering what every ones problem was running on wood mine ran great . I only had idol problems . turns out I was only running on actual gasoline not enough wood gas to say . I started with just the fuel pump first then after the above I had to shut the injectors down also.

1 Like

TBI usually needs injectors shut off. MPFI usually does not. EDIT: keyword is USUALLY… :wink:

1 Like

I have the oddball multiport but all inside the intake ( spider injector setup ) it was only done for a couple of years on gmc they figured out it was a poor design.

2 Likes

Paul, with electric route you ment to change the softwere on the computer? In that case, thats gonna be hard. I dont have any knowlidge in programing. Althugh l agree, it shuld ba adjusted, l just dont know how…

Ill hook a swich on the fuse like Tom sayd and change the fuel pump resistor to let less fuel trugh while hybriding. lll allso try to hook a voltmeter on the lambda to see whats goeing on while driveing.

1 Like

Hi Chris
why do you think the “tbi system” need to remove power from the injection?
PWM control the pump enough not it?
you cut the injection of what way? (Electric, or valve)

I think it is because the throttle body area has quite the suction already but is amplified when having to draw from 10 feet away. The MPI intake injector is periodically seeing draw from 1/8th or 1/6th or 1/4 the engine’s events at a time (8,6, or 4 cylinder) . The injector’s spring is much higher for MPI (39 psi fuel and higher) TBI is in the order of 10 psi or in the teens - weaker spring)

3 Likes

no kristijan not the computer just what tom mentioned or splice wire . I don’t have that kind of equipment or knowledge either .

1 Like

Doug nailed it. This is why.

1 Like

I bought the fiberglass fabric today! This looks much better. As Max wuld say, the non sun shine let trugh kind.

I got a rare oppertunity of a long flat road today driveing to get the fabric. I asked my wife to take this picture

It was a big surprize to see such speeds on such a small engine and gasifier (compared to most of you guys), and with no ignition advance!

8 Likes

Wow, Kristijan!
I’ve never reached that speed unless down grade.
What are the dino hp on that engine?
Compression ratio?
Guys, that’s close to 70 mph with a 1.6L engine!!!
Edit: One more question. What happened to your leaking injectors?

3 Likes

Kristijan, you are right there with the speeds I’m getting with my truck. Good job on your build and the way you have set it up. Your car’s computer must be doing some great advancing for you to be able to go at that speed and not get any back fire on the engine. 3100 rpms is right in there for wood gasification. What make, year and model is your car, it seems it likes woodgas.
Keep us posted on the new filter material that you will be using, this hot gas filtering might be the way to go for the cold climate that I live in during the winter months. Keeping the rails clean will help with all the corrosion problem too.
Bob

2 Likes

JO,
The engine is 1,6l, 4 valves per cilinder, 9.5 compression ratio, 109hp.
I dont realy know what to think about the injectors anymore. Yesterday l drove more thain 100km, the fuel guage didnt move a bit. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me. I did drove a lot on hybrid mode when l was getting used to DOW, perhaps my hybrid swich lets s bit too much fuel trugh.
It seems the gasifier is still a bit on the big side, l get constipated at city drive. But l learned when this happens, l shift down and drive at 4000rpm wot for a minute, thain the engine runs strong again. I think l dont realy want to change this. This turndown ratio works for me.
Robert, its a Korean made Chevrolet Lacetti (ex Daiwoo) 2006. It seems you are right. And max torque is right about at 3200rpm now

2 Likes

I hooked the voltmeter on the lambda today. It shows about 0.7 v on petrol when disconected from the computer but when l hook it on the on bord computer it cant measure a stedy voltage. Its sll over the place. Any ideas? How do you guys hook the lambda to the richness meter?

1 Like

This is normal for a narrow band sensor, If you want a steady reading you will need to add a wide band sensor, and meter, but cost is a lot more.Kit-Black-BLUE-/301973990123?hash=item464f0d6aeb:g:NtsAAOSwZ1BXd2q9&vxp=mtr

2 Likes

Al, thanks for the explanation. There seems to be something wrong with the link, culd you plese post it again?

That was from ebay, You can search wide band o2 on there, lots will come up.

1 Like