Life goes on (original thread)

I really need to be cutting hay.

Good thing I have a tall truck or it might get lost.

I think we have had like 3 days with rain all summer. It was so dry, not even a weed grew in the garden where i tilled, and didn’t water.

LABOR DAY 2012 ( ORRELL FAMILY HANG OUT DAY )

Went salmon fishing this weekend in Manistee Michigan. We caught 20 between the 6 of us. Will be eating good this winter.

Hey. Well same here on the too much grass growing rain and no “good” days strings before the end of July to make any good hay. 3rd year of this.
Fir trees lovin’ it. 3rd year also of too cool, too long early resulting in declining garden output.
So . . . the lemons and lemonade thing - wife now is turning us into canoe-ists.
We are working our way down from a 4000 ft high (1220 meters) high mountain lake, to an only 2000 ft high (610 meters) volcanic crater lake before the really cold wet weather sets in. 23 more high local lakes, reservoirs and rivers on the list yet to go. Then have the low elevation stuff to paddle while she does her birding.
Ha! Ha! Have to add some oar locks and a center seat before I can solo fish out of HER new to her 10 year old “canoe”. It moves really more like a 14’ double pointed ended boat.

Regards
Steve Unruh

Hey, how do you put those multiple photos in one comment? I got an order for 50,000 plant trellis so i had to move some cypress boards to “the Beast” Hermance gangsaw to rip them into little slats. I’ll post a photo if i can get my grandson moving to go back up there with me and get my phone.

Dick, just select as many files as you want in the “choose files” box, then push upload. When that finishes a new box appears and you can upload more to the same post.

Ok more distraction

First load of firewood going out this season.

Wow Doug,

I see a couple hours of work there.

Making hay while the sun shines.

I have been tied up in the hay fields the last few days and will be at it a couple more weeks.

Hello Wayne K, but it is heaven in your area, it must quickly pick up hay for the next shoot already cordially pal f

The wood burner, is on the back burner for a while. Sold my molder and have to get it packaged up. Big pallet or maybe a crate, don’t know yet. Then next week is the county fair and I got to man the Red Cross booth a couple nights, then the 22nd is a wedding and Red Cross Shelter training all day. Ugh!

This sad little 4 wheeler wound up in my shop a few weeks ago. Broken chain, ruined battery, clogged carburetor and severe wiring damage. No information or parts were available on the machine so I had to start from scratch. Making things I needed to fix it. The owner wanted to sell it as soon as I got it running. I said I can’t promise anything it might just be a pile of scrap metal. Not 8hrs. later I had it turning over and running I could see the light at the end of the tunnel just needed to press on and keep putting things together. Owner came by yesterday for a test ride and said I am keeping the 4 wheeler then added a bunch more work to the ticket. In short we are both very happy. Sean

Sean is that a Chinese 4wheeler? good luck trying to find tires for that thing. you shure that wasn’t factory wiring, LOL sorry couldn’t help that one.

Carl, sorry to hear the set back, i’ll make shure to post plenty of pics of my progress, your saw blades will live on! LOL hope you get back to it soon.

ok i need to go to bed im getting slap happy.

Gene Taylor from Jasper Al. visited a couple of hours yesterday. I took him along on my farming chores and later took him a ride in the dakota. He said he has to have one and will be joining the web site as soon as he can get his son to show him how to navigate the site.

It seems like I just bushoged these pastures and the weeds and grass is up to the truck head lights, and it is a tall truck!!

I hauled hay most of the day with the v-10 and checking cattle tonight with it.

I just came back from a local funeral home where I offered my condolences to our friends Doug and Julie Drost following the death of Doug’s 87 year old mother. Doug and Julie have been preoccupied lately in their home caring for their failing mother.

Doug,

I’m truly sorry to hear of your mother passing.

Don,

Thanks for sharing.

I raised the bed a little on one of my dakotas today. I think I can get a lot under the bed, ash dump, condensate tanks, heat exchanger, blowers and have plenty of room for inspection.