Life goes on - Summer 2015

it would be cool to have one of them low oxygen silo’s that are peppering the american landscape. One could store lots of wood in there!

here is an interesting way to store hay

Good morning Bill,

Yes bill , After the wood is dry I bag the wood and store it away in sheds , barn and even an old house trailer ( 12 x 60 ) I have in my junk yard.

A few days without rain I can use the wood right off the ground if it has been spread thin and getting plenty air. .

BBB

1 Like

My old MTD mower is generally an experiment in maximum jury-rigging… but sometimes I have to beef it back up again. The grille finally broke off at the plastic mounts, making the hood flop around. So I built a little steel framework to hold it together. This thing is rock solid now, you could jump up and down on it. Highly recommend this for similar mowers.

4 Likes

Got the old Mantis tiller running again, tilled up some ground for tomatoes.

Always like to see the kiddies help out.

I use raised beds with pathways between, to keep the dirt loose and draining well.

4 Likes

I smell dirt, with a little bio-char mixed in. Good luck, I love tomatoes.

3 Likes

How much trouble were you in when the girls mother went to wash those pretty white socks? :

4 Likes

These sweet onions will be ready to harvest in a couple of weeks:

The potato plants are blooming:

The plum trees are loaded - we’ll have to share some of these with the birds and caterpillars:

There will be lots of blackberries around the 4th of July:

3 Likes

Ok. I see.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll shut up. I was going to complain that they are just planting spuds around here. JO shot me down from complaining.TomC

4 Likes

Grandchild Agnes in her first “Wayne outfit”…

5 Likes

Tom, I have to admit that I couldn´t resist complaining a bit and I used a picture sent from wifes cousin the other day. She lives a few hundred miles north of us. No snow here though and a few green buds starting to show.

Hello JO .

Thanks for the picture , Fine looking young lady you have there ! And yes I really like the overalls .

As a kid working for my uncle on his farm he told me if I wasn’t in overalls he just soon me come to work wearing a dress.

My son likes to wear them also and chooses to wear them to school about half the time.

Last week I came in from an outing and was dressed in pants . I got out of the truck without speaking to the dogs and they almost bit me :grinning:

5 Likes

Fired up the wood powered mower today for the first time this year. Wasted a couple hours just riding around on it.

6 Likes

Hi All, I graduated from the walker to a cane this week, took a walk to the shop, first time I saw it in a month :joy: Al

10 Likes

I had a couple of bushog tires that would not hold air .

They do now :relaxed:

Thanks Mr. gasifier .

7 Likes

Waste not, want not! I like the retrofit rim too. Might have done that a time or two in my dark past.

1 Like

Wayne, I think that may be the BEST use of tar to ever appear on this site!

1 Like

Goodbye, green slime, hello black slime!

3 Likes

Making progress clipping pastures .

28 foot 6 inches per pass ( less any lap over )

I am using diesel :disappointed: but my boy is wood burning . :grin:

7 Likes