Life goes on - Summer 2015

HI calvin Radar, Nice vidio interveiw, looks like you switched vehicles from your original for wood gas, nice looking truck and build,lots of hours like you said,Mine is takeing longer than expected, due too welders an electrical repairs,it has too be a good feeling being seperated from the big oil conglomerate monopoly.when needed.CONGRATES, so much more this contrys can do too have more fuel choices.

1 Like
3 Likes

What a great spokes person for DOW. Your voice is deep rich and easily understandable ( even with a little Canadian brogue) You speak slow and deliberate with out stuttering. And you know your subject matter. Great Job. TomC

2 Likes

Great interview Mr. Cal .

You put a smile on all our faces :grin:

1 Like

Very professional…! 🙋

1 Like

What Tom, Wayne and Jeff said.

1 Like

Nice work Calvin! I’ve reposted the video on DOW’s Youtube channel.

And the interview on the Leader Post:

Article added to Press section here: Updates / Press / Going against the grain: Saskatchewan mechanic builds wood-burning truck | Drive On Wood!

8 Likes

Here’s the sawmill where I work. Owners grandsons made this as a “This is how we do it” snapshot.

3 Likes

Thats a resourcefull saw mill you work at there carl Z.They dont leave no wood unturned, it was allmost too hot way up here in MI, today to stay cool.It was supposed too be a cooler summer,every other day gess by the weather forecasters.Not happening yet,then again they gess more than they know.Stay Cool.

Neat video Carl. What is the red grinder machine for? Looks to be auto feeding something into it.

Good morning brother Carl.

Thanks for the video , I really enjoyed it.

Son snapped this picture mid week , mid afternoon . The heat index had been over 100 for a couple weeks .

We didn’t back down but sure thought about it !!!

:grin:

3 Likes

Preping wood while it’s 100F takes determination, my hats off to you two.

Andy, that is a 200hp hammer hog that reduces all the strips and slabs from the mill to mulch consistancy. A duplicate unit will be installed for the pine operation later this year. Pine mulch goes to chicken houses, H/W goes to landscape-nursery stores, sawdust goes to pellets, and .001% of the chunks go to my gasifier. :grinning: There is no “waste”.

3 Likes

Probbly harp goofing with the weather swings too chalk up another sacrifice.Anyway i am slowing down mostly.My neyber has about a 3’ dead pine i will hopefully be burning soon,about time too use it, its a year old. fun fun fun fun.

I’ve been dealing online with the guys at chainsawr in Stannard, Vt for a few years but had never been to their shop. They’re about 80 miles north of me on a back road. It was worth the trip to see their parts inventory.

6 Likes

dropped 3 tress today in the heat. 1 black walnut, 2 white oaks.

2 Likes

Heat?? Snicker, snicker . . .

2 Likes

I wish I had some hard wood on my property very little elm and I half to save that for special trips.

IT has really been hot last few days clear up in MI.no jokey,and back too my welding napp chair.

Great stuff Calvin! I reposted also

Today while at the local auto parts house the fire truck pulled up beside my wood burner .

The fireman never noticed or mention the wood burner when he came in the store :grinning:

3 Likes