Life goes on - Summer 2016

I hate it. Completely different look, can’t find anything. Go to a computer store and try using it on a demo. I have never got other users to be able to sign on at work. Everybody uses my account which is very bad.

3 Likes

I’m using LINUX Mint. I hear something about Microsoft charging for Windows 10 after one free year. I’ll keep my Ubuntu.
Los Angeles has been quite hot lately. I got a break today when a HUGE cloud of smoke from the brush fires blocked out the sun for most of the day. Our fire season runs all the way into December.

3 Likes

So it seems there is an idle minimum adjustment screw built into the carb body. A few turns and now the generator idles a little faster; I think it helps it compensate for propane being a little less energy dense? Opinions welcome here. That done she is holding a 1200 watt load with no problems. For me that it plenty for a prime mover battery charger and the price was right…

3 Likes

Funny and smoking three-wheeled woodgas from France video

6 Likes

Some others woodgas at the
end of video (french)

5 Likes

I don’t speak or read French so I have to ask. Are you sure that the three wheeler isn’t a steam engine. It sounds like it and all that doesn’t look like smoke, but could be steam. TomC

3 Likes

l think TomC is right this is steam powered. But it runs super well!

2 Likes

Hi TomC you are absolutely right I "ve been watching the video several times to find out that it was not smoke but steam, even the engine sound was like and finally to confirm everything the driver with his bucket of water.The video title was in french (moto gazogene) mean woodgas motorcycle in english…
Sorry,I will check more carefully in the future.Piergel

4 Likes

Hey Piergel, thank you for looking into it more. It was just a wild guess when I saw it and heard it. When I tell people I run my truck on wood, they all think of a steam engine. Truth is since about 1920 we have seen very little done with steam. And the nerve of that guy to take on a motorcycle for a project is extremely interesting. Thank you for the post. TomC

4 Likes

What is the source that makes the steem, is it wood heating water too make the steem, or is he useing giant spark plugs too make a water burner?? Interesting

Way off topic. Question for @Calvin_rader, @Terry_Lavictoire or @Dustin… is this really a Canadian flavor of potato chips? All Dressed?

Never heard of it before, but they’re pretty good…

6 Likes

Yes it is… one of my favourites

2 Likes

Mmmmmmmmmm so tasty…

1 Like

Where did you find them Chris?

1 Like

This job I’m on is installing stuff at Food Lion grocery stores all over North Carolina. I’ve seen the promo display for these at several stores, and curiosity got the better of me. I don’t usually eat potato chips, but I had to try these.

The best description I’ve seen, is that All Dressed means all the main flavors put together - salt/vinegar, barbecue, sour cream & onion, etc.

5 Likes

Fellow WG enthusiasts.

8 Likes

Hi Andrew are them cats on the roof ? If so they must be warming up for a cold winter.Is that dodge ready for a log yet.

2 Likes

And hi Chris Saenz can you send me a box dicount on them chips.Only kiding us old guys my age have too try and stay away from them type processed foods.Though i usually go through a bag a week or less.

3 Likes

Yes indeed they are very good, my new favorite chip, and I know you can’t just eat one. I know, I know they are not I right brand, but they have RRRridges. Yummy yummy yummy I got
Chips _ n _ y t_ _ _ y.
Can you finish the sentence?
Bob

2 Likes

Not with out having a bag of chips to try first. Hint hint TomC

3 Likes