Life goes on - Summer 2016

Yahoo!
My 45 yo son has been volunteering on the U-9 unlimited hydroplane boat crew for the last 3 years.
They usually place 3rd after the big bucks race teams. Their plan is hang in there and don’t break anything
They just won the Seattle Seafair championship!

5 Likes

Hello Michael

I know you are proud :grinning:

A big congratulations to your son !!

2 Likes

Funny video gasifier on a trailer in the back of a retro car, notice the suicide doors!

7 Likes

I liked the curb along the road to protect their wooden fence— old truck tires laid on the ground. That works. TomC

1 Like

After I watched that video, another video of a wood gas powered motorcycle sidecar rig popped up.

He shows the various parts of the gasifier, gets it fired up, and takes off on a 240 KM trip. Everything is in Russian. I last visited there in 1989 as part of a German tour group. These videos sure brought back some memories!
When watching the video, I noticed the use of square tubing from the cyclone to the finned cooler (easy joints to make), two liquid drain points, and large chunks of wood.
Seeing the guy freeze his butt off reminded me of riding my 1949 Harley in Ketchikan, Alaska, and of my 40 day Harley Sportster motorcycle trip to Idaho (from South Texas) in 2006. I thought I would never thaw out…

7 Likes

Refueling on the fly at 18:40. I love it :smile:

3 Likes

that’s what I was going to say I love it.

1 Like

Let the brusher beware, new use for bio-char.

3 Likes

Seriously is bio char activated or NA.

1 Like

Kevin, it;s my understanding that activated charcoal is that stuff fresh out of the retort which has not yet absorbed all the nasties from the atmosphere. So has it’s full potential to absorb whatever you want it to.

3 Likes

When I got home from work today my wife told me our women’s soccer team beat the Brasilian’s. A comment you made the other day about yours beeing beaten suddenly popped up in my head. I didn’t get it then because I didn’t know. I just reasently found out Olympic’s are going on :smile:

4 Likes

Along the same lines, as an entertainment piece, from Ukraine, this…

enjoy! :grinning:

7 Likes

Thanks Mike; I like looking at those “little” gasifiers. I would be willing to down sizes vehicles and build a smaller unit.TomC

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply andrey Heath, i know that stuff works good too extract poison from open sores.I had a burn that seems would not heal tell i used activated charco.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike , I enjoyed that video , very interesting
I will have to find a interpreter.
Calvin…

2 Likes

The only interating thing sayd in the video is it uses 20kg/100km and the car gets 0-60mph in 13s on petrol and 3min on wood :wink: other details he doesent show so dont bother with the interpretor :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks for posting the video Mike .

2 Likes

Late summer bounty is coming in. Hopefully we get the corn before the critters do. Greenhouse in the background. Corn behind Heather brasicas in front. Followed by carrots. Squash and tomatoes going nuts to the right of the picture. A little chaotic at this time of year but mostly under control.

9 Likes

+another 9 likes :sunny:

4 Likes

Thanks for the picture David. Looks like you got some growing going on :relaxed:

I have been out working the ole wood burner this morning and trying to patch up some fences . I don’t have to have much of a fence just enough for the cows to know were the land lines are . They have way to much grass to go wondering off :grin:

7 Likes