Life goes on - Summer 2016

Another literal DOW

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/custom-built-all-wood-ford-pickup-truck/ar-BBwx39T?li=BBnb4R5#image=3

2 Likes

nice carl even if its a ford.

3 Likes

Stay cool Mr. Wayne Keith, your shed wood should be nice and dry before winter turns cool and damp.I was woundering why it seemed so nice out while it was boarding chilly.

1 Like

Life goes on back in stye, i got my warrenteed lotos plasma cutter back in on the ups truck, works perfect and no hot places on the boards. And it is a redesign as the big green resistors that were getting hot while in piolit arc, have been eliminated,works perfect. Ltp 7000 lotos plasma cutter.

3 Likes

I found this video of a damned well trained police dog/K9. Pretty impressive! https://youtu.be/8buMPTKCto0

@Wayne you worked with a few K9 in your youngen’ years; care to give your educated critique?

Good morning Brain .

Yes very well trained Belgian Malinois. ( very high prey drive )

In the real world I don’t think I would want the dog working between my legs. Too easy to get tripped up .

It is hard for most people to understand how the brain works on these dogs . He is working his heart out to get to play with his toy . It is in the handlers pocket that he gives the dog the last second of the video . .

The drug dogs you see working to find drugs are realy not searching for drugs but are searching for their toy that has a drug smell.

In the past taking on a dog with a high prey drive in full attack and take down mode on me I was able to offer the dog a tennis ball and I could attack the handler ( all in training )

The dogs with a more defense drive or mentality will care less about the toys ( usually will not make a good drug or bomb dog ) but will bite your ass .

5 Likes

Interasting! What about shepard dogs? Wich category do they fit in?
I have bought a Tornjak dog, hes 3 months old so l shuld start with some training but dont realy know how to start…

1 Like

Good morning Kristijan .

I have been out of the dog handling an training for several years and had never heard of a Tornjak breed.

I think most shepherd breeds will be much more layed back or easier to handle compared to the Malinois.

2 Likes

Hey don. I Haven’t been on here much lately. Real busy lately. On the buggy—I want to see the steering mechanism. We were horse and buggy only for several years (no cars). I came to the conclusion that they make excellent recreational vehicles. Still have the horse and the open buggy though. Maybe I should put an engine on the buggy. The children drive it all the time. My thirteen year old built a charcoal unit on a lawn mower. Yours was a big inspiration to him at Argos. Last night he bought a 13hp predator at harbor freight to put on a big go-kart. If he survives it maybe he try to put wood or char on it too.

4 Likes

Oh and here’s a bit of irony for you. Went on a rescue squad diving mission this morning. A guy was backing his 2015 4x4 1500 chevy down a very steep boat ramp at Lake Wedowee to launch a little kayak this morning because he was too lazy to carry it. The truck and trailer ended up in 21 feet of water. Funny part was, he was wearing a t shirt that said “Ban idiots, not guns”. Fortunately he and his wife survived to pass on his superior genetics. I found the irony quite humerous.

14 Likes

Good to hear from you Billy. I sure enjoyed you and your family at Argos. I just knew that your 13 yr. old would get a charcoal lawn mower running after he showed so much interest in the one I took there. I can’t help you with the steering details on that buggy video I re-posted because you are seeing what I am seeing. Got any pics of that lawn mower?

3 Likes

Having good luck with these so far. Quick delivery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281724218815?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

4 Likes

Fall gave some of natures treats already. There is noting like hot chestnuts and young wine!

7 Likes

Our thoughts and prayers for anyone dealing with hurricane Matthew.

I am about a days drive from the coast but I do have extra room for anyone fleeing the hurricane.

10 Likes

I have a sister with a home on Hilton Head Island SC. She is safe was in Greenville SC before the storm and was not allowed to go back home just before the storm. Some in laws were able to get to SIS’s house and get important papers before they evacuated. They know they have a tree on the house but not sure about water damage hopefully just where the tree hit the home.
They are waiting on word when they can return and I’m waiting on the call to load up a generator,chainsaw and a rocket stove.

8 Likes

North Eastern Wisconsin. === Why did I move from Los Angeles to NE Wi.?? Just to see today!!! What a beautiful day it was. We had a heavy “frost” last night and the grass was sparkling with chrysalis… We had to go to Green Bay. The sun came out and shown on all the colors in the woods ( the leaves were about 50%+ changed). And the sky was my favorite with big puffy cotton ball clouds floating over a beautiful solid blue sky. Despite many other days, I hope that every now and then you get to enjoy a day like today as much I did/ TomC

8 Likes

Tom, I know exactly what you are talking about. We have the same kind of scenery here in the Wenatchee area. It is absolutely Beautiful. Just in joy it and soak it all in.
Bob

1 Like

@TomC, or @wobigtd, I think one of you were talking about a simple design wood gasifier that you had been sitting on for some time and finely showed it on the DOW site. I thought I had book mark it, but I didn’t. Can you help me here with this?
It might have been someone else.
Bob

1 Like

Ok, I have been sitting on this simple gasifier, designed and used by Joseph Monty. [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] This was designed for a 8 hp engine but ended up used on a Ford which I think was 2000 cc. It would be a simple build and I think a proven design.…
Sept. 24 th. If the images don’t open go to my “face” and click and somewhere is a list of every posting I have made TomC

Thank you Tom…
Bob