Life goes on - Summer 2016

Hi Larry ,
If its a computer or a site issue giving you a problem then maybe you could ask Chris or someone else you trust to remote your pc and log you in ,
Team viewer is what I use when helping my brother and its free and fast .

Dave

2 Likes

Chris how about it could you log me in like Dave suggested ?

2 Likes

Thanks Dave That’s a good idea . Hope Chris can do something.

2 Likes

Hi Larry, give me a call and I’ll try and walk you through it. 502-514-WOOD.

3 Likes

Chris Thanks for the the helping me I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Chris, thanks for helpin Larry out, it can be such a nightmare when one doesn’t know how to do things!!! Welcome Larry

2 Likes

Herb thanks for the welcome.I think I should find computer class this winter but want to get as much building done as I can before snow flies. Found a 12 in tube finally but can’t get my hands on it for about a week. In the mean time I will find some of other stuff I need.

1 Like

Working on a small shop… 10 x 12

Steel SIPs will be fully insulated

6 Likes

I’m sure it will be awesome arvid. Where did you source the steel siPs? Only ones I ever see are door cutouts for slab insulation. Good to see you posting again.
Best regards David Baillie

2 Likes

Is that structural foam for the floor system? How many pounds per square foot will that span hold?Does some other material go over the steel on the floor later? Should be able to heat it with a light bulb (a big one) :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey David,

Been busy as of late. Got the panels from where I had been working, international supply. They sourced them from kingpin, vice west, and a place in Quebec. … can’t remember it’s name. Makes for a very nice small building. I’ll post more pics as it goes together.

2 Likes

Hey Don,

It’s a polyurethane foam. I’m not sure what it’s spec’d to span but I know 4 feet isn’t a problem. I’ll be putting 1/2 inch ply down so I’m not worried about it compressing. I’ll never have anything too heavy on it at any rate.

2 Likes

Hey Don There is a sip manufacturer over in holland, not too far from you. I had opportunity to work with some of their panels a few years ago.
http://www.portercorp.com/porter-sips/

2 Likes

Yeah Andy, I just toured their plant this spring. Pretty neat stuff going on there.They also have a side business going on there with architectural exposed steel framing for gazebo and public park buildings. I drooled when I saw some of their metal working equipment.

2 Likes

Interesting Russian chunker Wayne Keith style!

6 Likes

That will never wear out from lack of grease or oil. TomC.

2 Likes

It has been hot and real dry for the last several weeks.

I am having to pump water from the swimming hole to the pastor for the cows .

I have one pond that has plenty water but it is so muddy I am afraid a cow will get stuck .

This afternoon the forecast is to be 98F :confounded:

6 Likes

as we have been getting freeze and frost warnings :sob: thanks wayne

2 Likes

I’ll take the freezing temps and frost or even snow over that 98 degrees any time. we have already had frost here a couple weeks back. My favorite time of year. Lots of things to get put away before the snow starts flying. Could happen anytime now

3 Likes

You probably could with one of these 20,000 watt bulbs… If you could give it 20kW of power… 20,000 Watt Light Bulb Test: https://youtu.be/LT5_-A0m8_U