Life goes on - Summer 2016

I guess that guy didn’t bother take it off - short summer :smile: Vilhelmina is 650 km north of me and known to be a cold place.

I plan to wait until spring putting my cooler extension on. First snow could be here any week now.

2 Likes

YAY! \o/ I’m finally caught up… On this one big thread…

I’ve been struggling with my depression a lot lately and I haven’t been keeping up on social things (which I’d count DOW as) it looks like it’s been about a month since I’ve been active on here; several unread posts from “29 days ago” and newer. :confused:

I have been making a decent bit of progress on a micro-modified WK-ish gasifier: the core is ready; hopper is welded to the top-plate; the lower housing… I didn’t inspect my steel bucket well enough and, AFTER welding everything up, I realized there were dozens of rusted pinholes hidden under the paint.

I’m currently in the process of chiseling off the welds for the lower housing and hoping to find a decent condition steel bucket/small drum to use in place.

The last 2 days after that realization haven’t helped my depression much. :confused:

5 Likes

I know we are all rooting for you to complete your project.
I was able to score some 20 and 55 gallon barrels from the dumpster at a ford dealership

1 Like

Not exactly what was meant by “drive on wood”, but it still “belongs here”.

12 Likes

Hi Brian H we are all withing you the best luck finding good too last a while barrels and building materiel, it has been hard for me allso getting tools for fabrication and steel too work with, when that thing is built and working most all depressing fuel prices can be canceled, caint wait too see your unit working, keep up the good progress.God is with us through christ is the good news.

4 Likes

Hi Wayne Thanks for the reply.Shrinking that tube dozen’t sound like something I should try.I might have to find someone that knows how shrink it for me. If I basically follow the new tube you built for your 95 Dakota with ten nozzles and square tubes to draw the air from the bottom of the shroud and make it 22 inches long it should work right? If I use the tube at 14 in. with one inch fins of a little thicker metal than saw blades with a shroud made from a sheet of thin metal am I asking for trouble? Thanks Wayne its nice to be able to talk to someone about this stuff.

3 Likes

Andy I want to thank you Tom and Kevin for the reply’s and advice it helps a lot.I have been reading a lot of what the members are saying so I am starting to feel a little more comfortable about asking questions.Good wishes to all of you.

5 Likes

Good Morning Mr. Larry .

Her is a video of shrinking a fire tube .

It is about a 10-15 min job.

I also us the same process on some of the other containers to make them whatever size I need .

You might be able to use the 14 inch tube inside an 18 inch container but the space would be limited and probably restrict the air flow .

3 Likes

Thanks Wayne I might give it a try. Bet it takes me more than 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Had some fun this summer making this waterfall/stream/pond combo!! We have about 30’ of room between our house and where I hang out in my shop, so instead of having to mow this area we did this!!!

12 Likes

Are you stocking any fish in it???TomC

5 Likes

Be warned that this may affect many.

3 Likes

Chris I have further issues. I can not get to the premium section again.Guess I need some help as I don’t know what to do .I’m sorry for causing problems but I never used computers much.

1 Like

Make sure you’re logged in. You have two logins to deal with, remember - you can be logged in here on the forum and not logged into the homepage.

2 Likes

Chris The website will not take my information. It keeps changing stuff and telling me that the site is for premium members only. I am a premium member.

1 Like

Hi Larry, be aware that there is a “driveonwood.com” sight that is different from this "forum.driveonwood.com

This “forum” site is the one you need to log into for these discussions for premium members.
Look in the upper right corner for the log in icon.

Hope this helps. I was confused/restricted for a while myself.

3 Likes

Hi Carl I think it helped . I managed to get my self locked out of both web sights for a short time had to reset my pass word to get back to this site. I want to say thanks for the reply. I’m as new to computers as I am to wood gas.I probably cause more problems for my self because of it.I’m going to try to get to the premium section again if I don’t screw up again I will talk to you again later

2 Likes

Hi Larry,
Let me add my 2 cents. When the first DOW screen appears you will see a silhouette of a person on the extreme right hand side of the header Click on the little man and it will bring you to the premium log in screen. You will need a different login name and password for the premium side. I use my email address for my user name( you can use the same email address for user name on both sites) and just added a number to my forum side password. Easier to remember. Hope this gets you there.
Pepe

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply but I guess it did not help. I guess I will have to call on the phone and ask to talk to some one about this. I am not a happy camper right now.Thanks for trying to help.t

3 Likes

Richard my reply above was to thank you but i diden’t include your name so thank’s again. t

2 Likes