Life goes on - Summer 2017

Haha! That was exactly what I was thinking :smile:

1 Like

She has a good sence for estetics. A good “life goes on” album. I like the casual photography. The only one l ever do. Moments is life you remember.

4 Likes

That bread is making me hungry. I haven;'t had breakfast yet. Our family started back to school today. Everyone is excited (except maybe Jakob) He’d rather be out in the shop. Life goes on…I didn’t know there were snakes in Sweden. Thought it would be too far north. That’s a pretty place. Kinda makes me want to rethink my approach to ornamental-only plants

2 Likes

Billy, this is actualy not a snake. Its a legless lizard. Sounds funny but thats what it is. Anguis fragilis is the latin name.

3 Likes

I wondered if it weren’t something like that. In Florida we had something like that that we called a “glass snake”. They would break really easily and regrow the tail when it broke off. They are a favorite food of eastern diamondback rattle snakes. I wonder if it is the same thing.

EDIT: this came from the University of Florida website:
“There are four species of glass lizards found in Florida, all belonging to the scientific genus Ophisaurus. … Glass lizards are legless, and their long tails give them a very snake-like appearance.”

It’s about time here to start watching for our kind of “blind snakes” . Every year about July or August here in the SE US the snakes go through a molt. (most snakes more often than once a year) Their skin loosens and then sheds the top layer. During this time they have diminished eyesight and become more aggressive/defensive. It’s also the time of year when people are outdoors and active. So it is that time of year when we have the most snake bites. Usually copperheads in our neck of the woods. That time of year when the children complain about having to wear shoes more often. hahaha

Luke found a juvenile eastern indigo snake a couple weeks ago. It’s the first time I ever saw one this far north. They are endangered, eat venomous snakes, and are the largest north american snake. My brother and I caught and kept a 7’7" one as a pet when we were boys. They were thought extinct in ALabama since 1950’s but Auburn University has reintroduced them in last few years. Sad to say, the one Luke found was killed by a car. But my wife sure got a surprise when she opened the freezer to find it in there. Luke was saving it to skin later. I’m surprised she didn’t beat him. LOL
I wish everyone wouldn’t kill every snake they see.

I too am intrigued by the pics of Sweden.

2 Likes

Kristijan is right. It’s a legless lizard. We call them “copper snakes”. However we do have grass snakes and viper snakes. They only get about 3 ft long but the vipers poison can still be lethal.

4 Likes

We call them blind snakes. Vipers and a few other similar poisonous ones, and large quantitys of unpoisonous.
A most often seen reptile is a green lizard. They grow up to a foot long and are butyfull blue/green colour. And they sometime sing!

Carefull thugh, they bite and when they do, you get it off only with plyers!

3 Likes

Very interesting invirement sounds like.Not many snakes left in lower michigan, i seen some blue racers when i was a kid down next too the juck yard pond, not any poison snakes less brought here for shows.

2 Likes

I stopped reading the health care tread but I was going to post this vid there but it’s closed so I guess I will share here.

Short video that might be interesting. It is summer and drinking more water is common so the sea salt might make this video on topic.

3 Likes

Happy USA Independence Day!! :grinning:
I am celebrating by posting on the Driveonwood.com forum whilst making overtime at work. I get to work most holidays, its a TV station thing!

God Bless the USA!

10 Likes

Thanks Mr. Mike

I will not be burning any fire crackers but will burn some wood :grin:

6 Likes

I kinda want to like this video, but he is full of bull stuffing on some points.
At about 4:36, the whole thing about glass and sand in table salt, and glass flowing through your arteries??! You put some ground glass on your tongue, ground as fine as you want, and let me know when it dissolves and enters your blood stream. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Happy Independence Day Yanks :slight_smile: !

This evening I will listen with my ear cupped to the South and watch the sky for fireworks.

I’ll probably just get an ear full of mosquitos…

2 Likes

Interesting vidio, i have heard about getting ones body alcoline or non acidic. Its said you can drink a coffe cup size of non aluminum bakeing soda arm&hammer. One tea spoon or so soda with a little honey too rid the body of pharisites.And the baking soda will help too reach the bodys healthyer ph level. I wounder if sea salt has enough iodine in as table salt.

1 Like

From Dr Larry Winiarski:

I would like to post something Off topic but I really do not know how. It is about a mt. lion killing and partially eating one of robert’s two pet goats.

From tracks appears to be mama with two cubs, She killed it in the pasture then drug it to the panel fence but the goat was big so she pushed it up against the bottom so the legs went thru the fence pane lto the out side where the cubs ate them down to the bone!

the goat was killed close to the old 69 ford pick up is that I am trying to turn into a Wayne Keith chunker… I try to keep a sharp machete handy . … Do not know who is more nervous-- me or the remaining goat!

Happy 4th to all
God Bless
Larry

5 Likes

you need something bigger than a machete Larry, but I doubt it will come around with people and noise

I don’t know about the glass thing. Probably he’s talking about “glass” as part of the sand. But I don’t know anything about that. I did like the last line he had. If it is true that doctors have the shortest life span on average (not sure if he’s right), then I find it funny that we put so much faith in their ability to tell us how to live long happy, healthy lives. hahaha :grin:

As to burning, Jakob is burning with a fever. I am fighting kidney stones. So we’re just pitiful sitting here researching methane digesters together and listening to the flood outside. I hate being sick…Won’t be any rockets’ red glare around here tonight, too wet…

2 Likes

Hey Billy ,

This is what it looks like on our side of the mountain

1 Like

bout the same here…

Stange weather paturn this year on all the extra rain. Back in the early 1980’s we had the only long rain, it rained strait for two weeks. Bridges were giving way on the smaller roads and flooding every ware, are you guys looseing any bridges or road tunnels.

1 Like