Life goes on - Summer 2020

Whatever you do don’t break any bones those hospitals are dangerous places these days.

Glad to see you got it cleaned up but the explosive advice sounded more entertaining a solution.

2 Likes

Yet another video. Please tell me if I’m too much.
Another day of SWEM

12 Likes

Hello JO

I always enjoy the DOW rides , Thanks

6 Likes

I always enjoy riding with you J_O, even when you don’t say much :smile: I see you have bridge graffiti over there too.

7 Likes

Not as fast as Don’s guy but probably costs about 249 999.70$ less

11 Likes

I like that kind of saving. Less maintenace too :smile:

3 Likes

What about putting some sort of trigger mechanism on the tube that released a seed each time it got inserted in the ground?

It might double the cost, though, so you would probably want to plant at least 2 corn plants to recoup your expenses :grinning:

4 Likes

Was thinking about that. Maybee l get to it some time, but for other crops. This was just temporairly, for corn l plan to make a propper tractor pulled planter in the future.

3 Likes

“Gather the crumbs that none shall be lost”

Don’t let a good tree go to waste ;~)

All the best Sir Wayne.

Glad to see u stayin at it.

All the best to Lisa and Talley as well!

We all appreciate you!

Yours,
~doug

4 Likes

To plant seeds in a garden, I put one corner of a ‘‘hoe blade’’ in the ground to the depth I wanted to plant. Then pulled the hoe the length of the row I was planting. That left a nice "V’’ trough. Then walk along and drop seeds in at the proper spacing. Walk back down the row, closing the ‘‘V’’ and compacting the ground as you go. TomC

8 Likes

Hi Tom, nice to hear from you again!

I do exactly the same.

6 Likes

Tom, what Kristijan said. Where have you been?
I was worried maybe you misheard the social distancing thing and cut your internet off as well. Welcome back. We’re eager to hear what you’ve been up to.

6 Likes

Kristijan & JO; Nice to know that I have been missed. I guess my answer for not posting is I have been hibernating. Spring is just now trying to break through— days just moderate with rain and nights near freezing and 25-40 mph winds every day. The grass is just barley turning green, so my wife isn’t after me to mow the yard yet-- but SHE ordered new blades and oil & filter to remind me it is about time.
I sectioned off about 1/3rd of my shop to heat, but the LP heater I bought made my tools sweat so bad I thought they would rust. Well that’s my excuse and I’m stick’n to it.

10 Likes

I was in the woods logging when grandkids visited. Good thing wife put them to work. Unfortunately they charged me $10 each :disappointed_relieved:

10 Likes

Hello Doug

Real good to hear from ya :grinning:

Hope you and yours are doing OK in this lock down .

The very best to you .

Wayne

4 Likes

Yes JO, the price of gasoline is going up here also! TomC

3 Likes

Gas price continues to drop for us.

3 Likes

Well we have shifted back to a more expected April/May wet raining pattern.
With just enough cool clear nights between the mild storm fronts to give weekly still sensitive plant killing morning frosts.
And now the Wifes’ last acquired dog has discovered he can head-first burrow through the drainage ditch grown up hedge and follow rabbit trail out across the sometimes busy county road. Argg!! Another 276 feet of new fencing row to build now.

Good news is I/we are keeping up with the grasses and weeds mowing.
And I finally figured out a way to get off one character at a time stylus texting on an old barrowed LG, Wi-Fi capable smart phone.
Been a problem as all of the sub-$500. laptops and tablets have all gotten sucked up to distance learning connect the K-12 ordered stay at home kids.
I finally stepped across the store aisle to the gaming laptop computer’s. Half again physically bigger than what I wanted to lug around.
2X the price I wanted to commit to.
4X the system memory, speed and graphics than I wanted to support.
But hey!
Full sized key board for my six fingers typing.
Logitech convertible to a quick, quick easy pleasie scroll-ball mouse.
Now not afraid of wind blown-in rain spits under the narrow Library outside awning
And built-in one-button Skype software.

Just like wood gasifing . . . figure out a way to get the results you want; and need.
Always easier to carve off froo-froo’s you will never use. (new PC’s trialing-in learn to tab NO/Never, a lot: channel back to your two year old self.)
Let others chase idealisms. Building for ooh-rah complications.

Regards
Steve Unruh

5 Likes

It has allmost been a year sence me and JO been to the US. Good memories. Yesterday we had a traditional last of April bonfire, with a traditional beef Golaž (goulasch) with it. I revived some good memories cooking this dish for the North family and Dr Larry, on one of his rocket stoves. It was a interasting feeling and bringing back those memories makes your eyes glossy.

When shoping for supplyes in Alabama l was much surpriced we were unable to sorce all the components for the dish. Juniper being one. What surpriced me even more is @JO_Olsson sayd they do not have/use this spice in Sweden. Its a cold climate plant…

Ironicly, it grows naturaly just a couple of feet from where we cooked the dish so we culd allmost shake the berrys in straight :smile: allso makes one hell of a moonshine. Its allso a main spice in gin.

Today l felt influenced by those memories and decided to bring wife a bit of the American spirit. Made us a huge portion of sloppy joes with homemade buns. Good memories, and good eating!

But l admit, l cheated. Here we allmost do not use sugar, let alone brown sugar. But l knew without it it wuldnt taste right. I used birch syrup instead. @BillSchiller, once the word gets out you will be tapping a lot more birch, this combo of beef, tomato, birch syrup, chilly and chese is out of this world!

12 Likes

Kristijan; You asked where I had been and what I was doing. Part of my hybernation, was I went to youtube and typed in your name. I didn’t know you had posted so many youtubes—a lot before you started posting to DonW. It kept me warm watching those that I hadn’t seen. TomC

5 Likes