Life goes on - Summer 2021

Some days I ponder to myself that I’m jealous of @k_vanlooken selection of scooters and mopeds. Large wheels meant for rough terrain. Over here you’re lucky if you see anything other than a Honda GY6 clone with the little 10 or 12 inch wheels.
I’ve been keeping my eye out for a good scooter to gasify for fun but the GY6 is found wanting in my eyes considering how bad the roads can be in my area.

2 Likes

This was maple tree .

Pushing pulling one barn back to other barn .

5 Likes

It is hard to say from the photo what you are up against there. But I have in the past struggled with something kind of similar. The only advice besides some good cross bracing is look closely at the two faces you are trying to bring back together. I learned the hard way that sometimes you are better off to leave a small gap and build a new structure to support the joint before closing it up. Fixing some of my old barns and walkways the best approach was to accept they wouldn’t be square and add a 2x10 where things come together.
The photo just reminded me of joining an old roof here is all.

3 Likes

Looks like you are pulling a regular pitched roof into a gambrel. That should be some interesting framing getting those meshed.

1 Like

I bought a house and wanted to keep it , So I had the Maple tree that covered it cut down . I get no value from barn have no plan to use it but want to keep it from falling down and I put in 8 foot wide staircase because I got tired of only having a ladder . I want to keep back section of barn to cover staircase . And that is hard . The roof on this section has several layers of asphalt shingle a layer of plywood and a metal roof . a lot of weight that wants to go someplace .

1 Like

Mike and I arrived at my house at 08:43am. Unloaded the truck of all my stuff. Picked cherries almost a half of a 5 gal. Bucket for Mike to take home. The bing cherries are looking great. Thank you Yehovah for the harvest this year for Roy.
We looked at the horizontal hive and it is doing great. The two hive traps both have colonies also. 100% success three traps set up and tree colonies. I need to get busy and finish my other horizon hive. We are still not out of the bee swam season here. Maybe I can end up with 6 or more colonies this year, YEHOVAH willing.
Sent Michael on his way home to Kent.
Okay everyone, and those who missed Argos this year. We have more than 11 months to plan for Argos 2022. Yehovah willing and the creeks don’t rise. Thank you all again for helping out we couldn’t have done it with out you all, what a great team effort you are all awesome.
@BillSchiller The syrups came out the packing box and Dana mixed up some Sourdough Pancakes for lunch. I should have bought more, but I know who to call for more. Great batch you made up this year. Thank you.
Bob

9 Likes

Hello Mr. Bob.

It sure was nice seeing you and Michael again at the woodgas meet but very sorry about the break down and all the days yall spent on the road.

I guess if I were going to be broke down I couldn’t think of better people to be broke down with than you two :blush:

8 Likes

Yes, if I was broke down with you and Lisa I would just call it a mini wood gas meet up with great friends.
Bob

3 Likes

Walter: “When I was a small young man I could eat only one icecream. Now I can eat five” :smile:

12 Likes

Summer is at the doorstep and it is going to be pretty hot start :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

lubizol , chem tool exploded . do not think disaster response is ready for possibility it may rain .
no one is responding to one authority directly contradicting the another authority s directives and they are still planing on having music festival tomorrow . during rain storm ?

We have been running that hot for five or 6 weeks now last week it was over 110 f here.

2 Likes

Yup I feel bad for the people in Texas the power companies have told them to keep the AC close to 80f IIRC because they are having trouble keeping their grid up in the heat. Seems it was just months ago they went down for the cold and now they are worried about the heat. Not to mention their crazy billing system.
Makes one want to be as energy independence as possible.
Try to stay cool in that heat. It is getting to about 80f here today which is plenty hot for me.
But I have about 700 bales of hay to dry and get in before it showers on Saturday so I am ok with a little sun at the moment. Haying this early here is always hit or miss.

7 Likes

We are having a nice break from the mid 90’s f and some rain. Looks like the 90’s will return soon.

2 Likes

I learned about these CO $4 detectors. There are also more expensive electronic versions.

3 Likes

Busy , Busy!

IMG_1273

12 Likes

Sun is shining, we know what Wayne’s doin!

3 Likes

Is that a full load or do you throw a few on top?

Jeff I had anexhaust leak in my Cessna172 and the spot turned dark.
Opened the window, shut off the heater and had a very cold winter flight.
Flew without heat to work every day for weeks until a replacement exhaust could be installed.

They work!

5 Likes

Good morning Mr. Tom

To go two high with the rolls I have to stack the bottom side by side and one on top to tie them in. This makes the load 10 feet plus wide which is not legal and can’t see through the mirrors . After the load is tied in like this I can’t get them off by hand . I find it works best for me to haul less but more trips.

13 Likes