Life goes on - Summer 2021

More trips of a lighter load is also easier on the field. You get far less compaction of the soil. Sometimes my neighbor doesn’t understand as he thinks bigger is always better.

5 Likes

Thanks, that is good to know. I think I will order some. I can think of non-woodgas uses also. I’ve read that they were also used in school buses in the past.

Thanks for the feed back. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A couple weeks ago I rebuilt my shop door. Turned out that there was no need to open the whole end of the shop. Just a man door was needed. This version is simpler with more wall space.

10 Likes

My haying was a little darker than @Wayne it was 11:30pm and sprinkling when I got the last of the 585 bales under cover. I started raking at 10am so I guess I had just about enough down when the weather changed…

8 Likes

I need to get one of those noodly tripods for video cameras and glue a big magnet to them so I can more easily film my startup procedure.

3 Likes

The Moser Light is interesting:

Edit: could be nice for a shed or whatever doesn’t have windows.

one more link:

2 Likes

Kind of an interesting homemade battery:

1 Like

Vehicles for hot days, …

6 Likes

I’ve always wanted a classic Puch or Tomos motoped. They go for a pretty high price nowadays in my area.

1 Like

Excellent choices! If I wasn’t hauling roofing metal today I would be on my 250r as well!

1 Like

hello Cody, what country are you from, Tomos is also in the collection …

4 Likes

Ha, a Tomos engine and later a Tomos moped was the first ever thing l gasifyed!

Fun times!

4 Likes

Ha, look what l found! The Tomos l spoke about! Good God how time flyes, l barely recognised the greenhorn on the video! :smile:

https://youtu.be/Lbc1pUpzBeA

12 Likes

Where do you ballance the gasifer on those small vehicles?

1 Like

Awesome video Kristijan!

1 Like

Southern United States. They were imported for a few decades so but were stopped after the 90s when emissions got strict against 2 Cycle engines.
I was lucky to find a children’s dirtbike with the A35 50cc engine, with the 2 speed automatic built in.
It has a standard kick start instead of the bicycle pedal start. It has ignition issues and don’t know where to start with this.

1 Like

Does it happen to be this one?

https://www.google.com/search?q=tomos+automatik&client=ms-android-zte&prmd=ivmn&sxsrf=ALeKk03OUNrGW3dijH06-dcCbD_OalN_zg:1624576763921&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIqbGHtLHxAhWmgf0HHYW3CfQQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=360&bih=651&dpr=3#imgrc=Z8lbw5Ils28cQM

I had such a bike. Damn that was a amazing machine

2 Likes

No I have what they called the TX-50

I can’t seem to get the bike to produce enough voltage to generate spark. When I attempt to checkfor spark it does nothing. Multimeter says it’s making some voltage though.
The engine is basically the same as the motoped engines but with a more traditional motorcycle kick start.

1 Like

I bought it with the intent to transplant the engine onto a beefed up bicycle frame.

The most common scooters are the Honda GY6 type bikes and their Chinese clones. Even hardware stores sell them. You don’t need a driver’s license to ride them on the road if it is 50cc or lower, you only need liability insurance if you cause a wreck.