Life goes on - Summer 2021

What Al said . Happy Thanksgiving :blush:

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to God Day to you all.

9 Likes

While enjoying a big Thanksgiving dinner I can’t help but think of folks that have been real hungry .

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: oh that’s funny Wayne!

3 Likes

Is anyone else keeping up with Edmundo Ramos’s traveling? He is posting on his Autoabasura Autoabasura Facebook page. He was also interviewed on the tv news. Redirecting... He is touring Argentina from North to South.

5 Likes

I’m subscribed to his page but haven’t noticed anything new pop up. I’ll check.

1 Like

Short video from this morning

3 Likes

Since I am a fan of Subaru, I look at the ads many times, this one was especially interesting, otherwise it is not on wood gas but …
https://youtu.be/WFX2xRIVxWs
:grinning:

6 Likes

A while ago some talk took place about the ways of us Europeans :joy:

7 Likes

Today we lost an American hero, Sgt. A.C. Frick 11th airborne paratroop unit WW2. 25 active jumps in the pacific. My Dad 98 years. Rest in the arms of our savior.

11 Likes

Sorry for your loss Al. That was a long, hopefully fulfilling life.

7 Likes

Al , So sorry to hear this news . Our prays are with you and your family .

:disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

He’s with the Lord now rejoicing in Heaven and waiting for the final day. My condolences.

My grandpa was a WW2 Vet, 2nd Armored Division, died when I was in 2nd grade in 2002 due to Alzheimer’s.

6 Likes

Propane

3 liter four cylinder 750 per cylinder , Two cylinder working 2,4
Two cylinder attached to water-heater for silence 1,3
It runs for hours . Need to capture more heat from engine

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Al. I do not know him but since l know his son, im sure he was one great man!

10 Likes

Al; Sure sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like he lived a long eventful life. My belated thanks to him for protecting our liberties at a very bad time. TomC

8 Likes

Hey HenryB,
So you are just two cylinders pumping back and forth into the empty old hot water heater tank?
Nice picture with the tachometer to show that the engine is running.
S.U.

2 Likes

Al,
My condolences.
Kristijan was able to put it very well. I feel the same.
Losses of our loved ones are always painful. Still, there’s reason to be greatful. 98 yo - that’s a long life after all.
With genes like that you can expect being able to take on new projects for several decades to come. I know your not much of an exhibitionist, but whenever you feel like it, we would very much like to know if your Mazda truck is still up and running, or of any other projects of yours.

8 Likes

I’ve studied those pictures for a while and can’t figure out what’s going on Henry. You have blocked off part of the intake manifold to starve some cylinders of fuel is as far as I get. You are getting gas from a wood boiler. Are the copper lines feeding engine coolant to a radiator? It’s very interesting. Please explain.

1 Like

yes Steve , when I ground valves I messed up and had no compression on number one cylinder .
Total load is less then 10 Kw . I thought I could use half an engine . Intake is closed off to 1,3 .
Restricted intake to 2,4 to keep engine from revving to 3000 . engine generator working at 1500 .
Problem, was noise . The water-heater traps or relocates noise . If you are around corner of garage you can not really hear generator running . Had tachometer , display for inverter , baby monitor showing 48 volt battery charger .
Plan to rebuild wood gas generator much taller and connect to Massey Ferguson super 90 . What I need is heat exchange for coolant .

3 Likes