Life goes on - Summer 2021

Happy birthday, Steve. Thanks for your many valuable contributions to the forum.

6 Likes

What all above has said :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Well Happy soon birthday to you too Kristijan.

Really consider that job change if it can work for you and the family.
Betcha’ your Grandfather had to live through some, “Interesting Times”. That is hard on the body and the mind.
I only have three times on overnight shifts. Total of ~10 years. It wears on a fellow. And really tears into family, and friendships. You rob yourself trying to stay connected to the normal day people.
I feel it catching up now. Too much coffee . . . then; coffee and pocketed squares of chocolate . . . then; chocolate covered whole expresso beans.

Ha! For yourself for B’Day treat yourself to a needed specialty tool. Only you will know the need.
Me - a new pair of unworn electrical work insulated pliers!
S.U.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday to both Steve and Kristijan. There are a bunch of birthdays in our family , including mine, and I was curious as to why. Count back 9 months and you are around Valentines Day. Ha ha ha. Not just chocolates Steve!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday Mr Steve and Kristian! My middle son has his birthday one of these days. That explains the Mc Gyver thing. He is just the same with his 16 years, can build everything from srap, a good Zodiac sign?

4 Likes

Happy birthdays @SteveUnruh and @KristijanL. I wish you boxes of chocolate :smile:

5 Likes

I could only repeat the above.
You two have brought so much innovation and knowledge to this site.

2 Likes

The birthday boy may have given you 4.3 liter guys a gift as well. I had forgotten about Power Nation, as I said, so looked up their you-tube pages. A lot of work on those 4.3’s.

2 Likes

Time for my favorite breakfast: fried Livermush. Pretty simple food it’s pork liver snouts and spleens and cornmeal ground up and pressed into a brick. Made 30 minutes away from me.

Pennsylvanians might confuse this for Scrapple but scrapple uses any kind of organ meat where Livermush uses mostly liver.

4 Likes

My Dutch ancestors called that liverworst but I think they used oatmeal instead of cornmeal. I have not had that for years but I remember liking that very much. You would not need anything else till noon.

4 Likes

I have my grandmother’s recipe for liver mush. I buy Neese’s liver pudding around Christmas time each year. I can’t tell the difference between the two. Yum yum.

3 Likes

When I was a kid, my grandmother would make buckwheat pancakes with liver pudding, and syrup over them. Was one of my favorite meals.

4 Likes

All these coyotes saw was a flash of light from the kitchen widow and breakfast table

The coyotes know I can’t hold a rifle study any more but it wasn’t me holding the rifle , it was my son. :smile:

9 Likes

Good shooting! Fur should be getting prime down your way, market outlook is saying 75-100$ southern coyotes this year. And the price of a calf saved is much more then that!

3 Likes

God shot T.
Just wanted to drop a note and tell everyone that I’m still alive. Been busy and then got sick. Can’t shake this sinus infection. I keep up with things through Jakob. Billy

7 Likes

Is that little black streak about a mile back there your house from when this shot was made? Son used to be a special forces sniper?

I never get so much as a cold billy. Both me and my wife just spent two weeks with a constant cough and barely enough energy to get off the couch. Not Covid. I have heard from a few other people with similar symptoms. Never took so many aspirin for the headaches. The topper was that the same day I came down with it I was carrying a bundle of rerod and tripped and fell face first into a pile of branches I was cutting up. The rerod bruised a few ribs. Just made all the coughing that much more fun. So good to be back on my feet. You don’t miss your water til your well runs dry.

7 Likes

I feel sorry for my poor outdoor cats. I need to build a thermal bench or something for them to warm up on. The older cat jumps onto my truck when I get home and sits on the cowl vent near the heater core.

They can sneak into the metal shop through the backdoor but I’d like to eventually repair that door and keep it permanently locked.

3 Likes

Build a little cat greenhouse Cody. Put some cement pavers on the floor and paint them black. They will absorb enough heat to keep those cats comfortable.

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/Qsg1EvDilK4

5 Likes

Happy thanksgiving to the DOW family! :turkey:

9 Likes