Life goes on - Summer 2022

I hear those turtles are good eating too

3 Likes

Iā€™m told they are two different types, but I canā€™t say for sure. We have both and I canā€™t tell any difference in taste. The white one have a slighty slimmer body though.

4 Likes

Today by the noon in the shade of my mother in law veranda

7 Likes

93.2 Fahrenheit, whew! What latitude?

2 Likes

Mělnƭk is just twenty miles north from Prague which lies at 50 North.

6 Likes

We are 47 here ā€¦you are further north but hotter! Wow!

2 Likes

My son keeps blowing his headgasket of his scooter. Here are the real motorheads. Anyone an idea for diy? I think maybe copper or somethingā€¦.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Joep, lm no expert but if it fails at the same spot every time l think its time for a sanding the block and the head.

8 Likes

Joep, I think it would be good to straighten your head, maybe a cylinder as well. A flat surface is a condition for sealing and properly tightened screws, first all with uniform torque, and then turn each one by a certain angle, say 180 Ā°. Oops, Kristjan overtook me :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks guys, I asked him if there was any damage that couses the leaking but I was to late. The little Mc Gyver put it together and went for a testrun. We will see. Thanks. Quite difficult, diy headgaskets?

6 Likes

We used to run our 2 stroke mopeds without any gaskets at all. Polish the cylinder over water sand paper and a sheet of glass, same with the head, tighten and drive. It is a bit different thugh, as there is a lot of oil and soot dumped in the micro cavitys between the cyl and the head on a two stroke.

7 Likes

Doesnt work wiht a fourstroke, no sood and less distance for the valves?

4 Likes

Sometimes if you canā€™t plane the block and have the blowout in the same spot you can put a thin piece of solid copper wire about three times longer than the blow out area and torque the head as normal and the wire will cure the low spot.

5 Likes

Looks like a friend of ours hauling hay. Wayne hauls a lot more in each load with his V10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjR4u5oF5mA&ab_channel=%D0%92%D1%96%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%96%D0%B9%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C

12 Likes

Might not be a V-10 but itā€™s getting the job done. Canā€™t get more stealth than that.

8 Likes

That is a cool setup!

6 Likes

I agree on the sanding the head, you can find a block of machine flat steel, glue the sand papper on the flat block, you can resurface the cycliner side allso if needed, we used too do that on are racing go karts back in the 70ā€™S.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sad to report our fellow member Arvid Olson passed away this past April. Him and i were messaging since last November when he let me know he had colon cancer. He developed issues with blood clotting this spring. When syrup season hit here, I didnā€™t have time to follow up. Iā€™ve sent messages to him in May with no response. I looked on his Facebook page yesterday to find out he passed April 6th. He will be missed.

15 Likes

So sorry to hear this news Mr. Bill :frowning_face:

12 Likes

Bill, what Wayne said.
Arvid and I were messaging already 7 years ago when I built my Rabbit gasifier. If I remember right his grandparents were from around here. Hence the Olson name. Last couple years we had no contact. I had no idea about his condition. Sorry to hear :frowning:

10 Likes