Life goes on - Summer 2022

Arvid and I also communicated from time to time but not in the last year or so. He was a believer and was ready to go.
Havn’t heard from @Jeff recently. He was struggling with the same affliction.

11 Likes

So sorry to hear that. He offered help to me when l built my first propper raw wood gasifier.

What Don sayd… anyone heared about Jeff?

9 Likes

May Arvid Rest in Peace until he wakes up to the Glorious Day of Ever Lasting Life with The Yehovah God and His Word Yesuha the Son. Then it will be said "Oh death where is your sting. For even death will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and be no more.
Yes to what all of you have said.
Bob

7 Likes

I was thinking about Carl Zinn recently and his big hearted wife and Mr.Dolittle. Any one heard from them? :thinking:

8 Likes

Doing some wishful planning. That clear spot across the pond to the left, I hope to eventually plant some fruiting trees. I’d like to get 2-4 apple trees put there. I’d also like plum trees. It’s a bit on a hill so I might have to dig a swale, but since it’s right next to a pond I’m sure the trees can just access groundwater or set a root near the pond.

There’s lots of minnows in the pond right now. I’d like to get these lilly pad looking things under control but nothing has worked so far. Cutting and raking them out, adding copper sulfate to choke it, nothing. Mom said that Grandpa used to just pour tons of 10/10/10 in it.

5 Likes

I hope he is doing ok. He helped me getting premium member, thanks again Mr Jeff! I hope you do ok.

4 Likes

Isn’t it good opportunity to introduce into pond some valuable fish which prey on them?

2 Likes

You mean humans? Quite tasty, minnows. Only a little small.

1 Like

We have predatory fish, and natural predator like Heron.

2 Likes

Crispy fryed minnows are my favourite fresh water snacks.

2 Likes

Making hay while the sun shines

:blush:
The temps have been in the mid and upper 90s and have been good weather for making hay.

Forgot to mention the wood ( motor fuel ) is also drying well.

8 Likes

Cleaning up for the Midsummer festivities. Freshly cut toe nails and everything.
Sunny and mid 80s forcasted for the whole weekend, so there’s chance we’ll all be running around barefoot.

7 Likes

Ok :grinning:. Going Woodstock style? I dont know if I want to see any pictures or video’s.

6 Likes

Naw, not exactly Woodstock. A beer or two and barefoot is enough this age. Maybe arrange a chunk bagging contest for the guests :smile:

8 Likes

So are you going to take the big cold dip in the river and clean the hoppers and rails out on the vehicles. Before the big Midsummer Festivities? Or is it still to chilly for that? We need pictures of that event.
You are the only one we know that takes a bath with the gasifiers vehicles hay filter media in the river. It is stranger then truth.
Bob

7 Likes

Haha, maybe it’s time (at the end of the weekend when guests left). I ordered oil and filters as well. Worth while doing all at once since I will be taking a bath anyway :smile:

9 Likes

I would think you would want to bath before the quest arrive not after.
Bob

5 Likes

I always tell those wanting to know my true belief system that the wife and I are, “Here and the Now”, “Before and After” folk. Twice better that way.
Public pools they want you to shower clean Before. And most then do want to de-chlorinate shower after too. Twice better, eh.
S.U.

6 Likes

Thanks for the vidio Wayne K- You just reminded me how short summer is up here in central michigan area, We usually get mild summers,and pay for it in long winters, Its suposed too be a hot summer, though probbly short hot. And i need too get a large pile of wood chunked for my 99 dakota wood gas project.THANKS For posting the plans HAVE WOOD WILL TRAVEL.I havent seen any other wood gas book plans more complete, and more great design ideas either.

9 Likes

Last night 10 pm in town, waiting for the train to arrive with some of our Midsummer guests, I sat on a bench watching people come and go.
Mostly ff vehicles and some electric. Several people glanced at a funny looking old Volvo. One man walked by and touched the hopper to make sure it was warm :smile:

14 Likes