Life goes on - Summer 2022

Looks odd to see that many cars and no pick up trucks. At least thirty to forty per cent of the vehicles here are trucks, fifty per cent – all look the same SUV’s regardless of who made them, and the rest cars. Looks like SUV’s rule where you are as well. Your car is the only interesting one in the picture.

9 Likes

Here is traditionally hatchback/stationwaggon country. Lately SUVs. Pickups only 1-2%. Not many sedans nowdays either.

7 Likes

Northern latitudes living: you said it Kevin.
Out here PNW wetside we say I love my, m-a-y-b-e 100 Days of Summer.

Summer for me is when I’ve used up per household one box of 250 wooden matches mornings wood stove liting off.
Ha! Even with ~50 carried over from last year’s heating system with an unusual 120+ days frost to frost Summer I had to just this morning open up a new box of 250.

38F (4C) degrees this morning at 5:30 AM and the house has bled off too much heat from yesterday’s sun.
We are supposed to have our first 80+ F (27C) of 2022 this alternoon.
Maybe the last morning fire for this year. My years effectively start and stop at this period.

As you say hustle butt now getting next heating season wood set out quick drying down in the next 90days at best.
Then the September hustle to get it all in woodshed under cover.

Ha! Ha! Wood-for-your Powers is living a squirrel’s lifestyle alright.
Smart squirrels know if they do the seasonal hustle they can nest up then all Winter.

Nice car picture J.O.
Somehow presents as a Back-to-the-Future car to my eyes.
That touching man would have been me if I had been there. I just cannot hands-off stand back from interesting alluring machinery. Only real, Real if I can hands-on it. Smelling makes it real to me too.
Regards
Steve unruh

12 Likes

Just looking at the picture the Volvo blended right in. I had to zoom in see it more clearly.
Bob

9 Likes

Ha! Ha! Zoom, me too BobMac . . . is that a roof rack on J.O.'s sedan? Yes.
The only vehicle pictured with a loads capable carrying roof rack.

Practical. Pragmatic. Persistent. Forwards-looking. That is our J.O.
PPP&F
S.U.

7 Likes

It’s happened to me also, seem’s some people thinks It’s some kind fake-gasifier?

7 Likes

I’ve seen paint mixers that look like gasifiers. Maybe it’s that?

3 Likes

Happy Midsummer to you all :smiley:
Whether you celebrate it or not.
Visited small town nearby, to see their midsummer-parade, old tradition.

Daisy wasnt all to happy to wear a midsummer-flower-wreath.

Traditionally accordion music, hayride.

Tractor(?) Powered by a church organ :laughing:

Covid-virus, and the ferry that got stuck in Suez-channel.

A tribute to Meat Loaf.

15 Likes

Very interesting, Goran. Nothing like that here. It is interesting to see traditions around the world. “Variety is the spice of life.” Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

We need to start a tradition like that here in the Wenatchee area. Happy Midsummer to you Goran, JO, and all.
Meat Loaf tribute, wild group of accordion players had to keep them in a cage. What a fun parade.
Bob

10 Likes

My mouth got all stretched out of shape from smiling about the dog picture.

10 Likes

Our dog wasn’t smiling, she hates to be photographed, :laughing:

10 Likes

Happy Midsummer Göran and all. No parades or dancing around the pole today, but lot’s of food and drinks. The heat wave kind of slowed us down. Maybe better luck tomorrow.

6 Likes

Do we have any amateur entomologists on here? Trying to identify this creepy crawler.

5 Likes

plastic fishing lure?

4 Likes

Well being i was born here in michigan, its the only weather i am used too, i wouldent like the long hot summers down in alibama, florida sure is a hot muggy state, Your state washington sounds like a little bit more extended winter than michigan, I shut my wood burner heater off about midle of april or 1st of may. i might have too run my electric room heater few hours at night though till may or june some times.

3 Likes

Nope it was alive and flapping. I’m wondering if it was a moth that a bird attacked but couldn’t finish off.

3 Likes

Okay looked it up a little closer and it’s a Nessus Sphinx Moth. Probably damaged.

5 Likes

Our yard visitors were back again this morning with about another 2 feet of antler growth in the last month

3 Likes

I got a question for a expert also. Micology (funghy) based.

2 days back we babyseated a batch of charcoal. Looking at fireflyes. Then suddenly wife saw a huge one on the ground. Picked it up, but it wasnt a firefly. She sayd to me “since when is our wood radioactive???” I took a look and indeed, the rotting wood was glowing! Has anyone ever seen this? The camera is too weak to show its brightness but the wood glew about as much as a dimm glow in the dark toy. And only at the parts incested by the funghy, the white parts on the wood. Incredible.

8 Likes