Life goes on - Summer 2022

First year in the last four we had cherries due to late frosts. Wife was all excited. Went down to water the garden today and the trees were picked clean. Just two trees and they are too tall to get nets over. I’ll have to net the grapes soon or it will be the same thing. Birds, deer and rodents. I never win but I’m too stubborn to throw in the towel. I should probably spread some bibles around the garden to let the animals know they are only entitled to 10 per cent.

11 Likes

Plant a 100 more trees a let them have the older trees.
Bob

1 Like

I finally got the new spark plugs rewired in the Cavalier. Someone had cut them before Timothy could deliver the car. He paid me 50 dollars for replacement wires which really shows the mark of his character. I couldn’t get my fat gut under the car to access the coils so I used my snake camera and feel. Thank God Almighty that at least one of the coil packs were original and labelled. From bottom to top it’s 4-1-3-2 in a diagonal line. I didn’t know they had so many different layouts for the plug wires in these cars but I found a diagram.

The exhaust was cut(I already knew that) but my county doesn’t test emissions just Safety so I’ll be adding some tubing and one of my spare tractor mufflers to the car. At least I have some exhaust after the collector.

I might put in a different fuel pump considering these ones are notorious for failing. Something inline that I can control with a switch. Need to research how much PSI it needs for the injectors to be happy.

4 Likes

Well we finally did get a five days no rain HOT days weather window for folks to get their Spring growth grass hay cut. Dried. Raked and baled removed into barns. About a month late this year.
Shows well that you need multiple high horsepower equipment’s and a minimum of three operators to squeeze in hay farming in a maritime climate.
Rain today now. And tomorrow. I am fully exhausted mowing’s and weeds eating now.
Video watching time. Books readings day.

Here is a new one in-frustration just been released:
Driving 4 Answers youtube channel, “Please Stop Commenting How EV’s Are Around the Corner and How ICE’s are Dead!”
Lots of woodgas for vehicles correspondences I believe in this one. Replace a 100 years in-development energy supply systems in just one-two decades?! By dreams wisheds, desires and mandates? Ain’t going to happen. Expand out the current yearly energy supply usage by multiples to shed off from Oil? Not possible.

Not willing or have the time for a 20:40 viewing.
Skip along to 17:50 for statistics are a manipulators game - sounds like me.
Skip to 18:26 “Electric vehicles are not the solution because combustion cars are not the problem. The problem is us. And our belief that we can solve problems created by technology, by throwing more technology at it.”
Then onto 19:07 to his IMHO the stated real problem. And solution to that.
He words this much better than me.
S.U.

3 Likes

Life goes on for my 99 dakota 5.2/

Frame rusted out , so i welded tube frame too the outside of dakota frame behind the cab.And getting a no perticular brand wood heater ready for it. I insulated outside of tube housing with ceramic itch blanket. and ss tin covering all but the c iron part.

14 Likes

…sounds like me :smile:

6 Likes

Looking good, Kevin!

1 Like

Too bad I cant download the video. I can imagine what is said. True with the technics of today, at least we can try doing it better and on a personal scale.

1 Like

The first video up, ENOUGH!
Ha! In his last motorcycle video I found that he is not Belgium. He is Bosnian.
I think he is a great presenter. And now I know he is working hard on wise. Rare in such a young man.
Regards
Steve Unruh

5 Likes

I like Driving 4 Answers. He has a pretty calming voice and shows off lesser known engines and vehicles.

2 Likes

Spot on Mr Steve! If you didnt say he was from Bosnia I would have looked tomorrow. Cost me a little sleep now😭. I think I recognized some places. Maybe Tuzla and the powerplant and at the end the well/ spring of the Bosna around Sarajevo. Thanks, it was worth the time.

And a very relaxed guy indeed. Spot on, thanks for sharing. However, electric is the way to go. We manage 9 months out of 12. With a little battery and woodgas generator (ice) we could go off grid :smiley::smiley:. Just like the man says, if you do or else….

Btw, just blow up engine of the Vito and it cost me €5000 to replace it. Why put so much money in an old car? Because there is just no electric alternative and I am not going to spend 25 k for a used van and still have to pay for fuel. I refuse.

2 Likes

You need to put up “Kevin’s 99 Dakota Gasifier Flat bed build” thread to keep all this great progress on your own topic space.
That flat bed looks like it is going to be strong.
Is it going to be 100 % wood gas running or are you relocating the gas tank?
Bob

3 Likes

He must have re-submitted the video, try this link:

5 Likes

I had a few bearings that lost their balls .
\

11 Likes

OUCH!!! I hope they can be replaced and get the bailer going soon.
Bob

5 Likes

Hi Bob Mac , i know i should / but this design im not all that sure it will last all that long/ though the truck rear frame is good and solid, i dident realize the frame was so thin and rusty ,till i looked it over better, the old salt trucks here in michigan took the rear frame and left the front frame in good shape. I will do a post or drive around / walk around when done, since most of design came from Have wood will travel.THANKS on the frame compliment.

4 Likes

Hope you can get it fixed before next hay cutting days. That looks like it could take days too get too some of them bearing shafts. Good thing it held up till you finished your 100 rolls of hay though.

3 Likes

While rolling hay the roller is jammed with bone dry hay . Hard to distinguish smoke from dust when a bearing goes out which may set fire to the roller, then tractor , hay field , trucks and equipment in the field and barns :frowning_face:

8 Likes

Well i would say it is a good thing you are a master at controlling fire then Wayne!

3 Likes

Better keep the fire inside the gasifier. Outside will only make trouble :frowning_face:

4 Likes