Life goes on - Summer 2022

Prof. Baltazar it is :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Very nice birthday present, Its allways nice too have more places too keep organized, It should make tools easyer too find from time too time, I need too lable my drawers too remember whats in each drawer,I spend more time than i like sliding drawers open and close mostly in my harfware drawers, they are about 1-1/2" apart about 26 drawers, still it beats looking through cans of bolts.Though happy birthday Jakob.

5 Likes

Ha! Ha! Depends, depends, depends.
When I had out-of-sight, controlled shops WITH ALARM system’s then keep it all in-place, organized.
But . . . traveling away some then chaos/clutter rewards because the thieves can never get it all.
Give them a rich; feet tripping, mine field.
S.U.

5 Likes

So I am sure this doesn’t happen to wood blocks stored in a hopper for twenty years, but it does happen to biodiesel if you leave it in an open (vented) fuel tank.

It turns dark and gets a lot thicker.
I am flushing the tank and changing the filters on the old 69 453 powered truck. I think I better revive this engine for snow pushing duty.

8 Likes

Goran,
I think I see some floor in your shop photo. You are going to have to cover that up if you expect to win.

9 Likes

Happy birthday Jakob. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Happy Birthday Jakob. That is a nice big tool cart. You will have fun finding tools you have misplaced just filling all the drawers up.
Bob

8 Likes

That is a fun coincidence Mike, im exactly like that, when starting to clean up the shop it’s just a matter of time, before i find a interrupted project, or something i want to try to fix/repair, or something i just want to se how it looks on the inside, then time fly’s, and when it’s time for bed, ill leaving the shop in worse order than before. :roll_eyes: :laughing:

6 Likes

That is fixed, before leaving the shop i accidentally stepped in a plastic bin filled with chainsaw-chains i put in there to free them up from rust

Ofcourse, only if a mix of diesel, atf-oil, and rust applies to cover the floor space left
 :smiley:

9 Likes

Prof Balthazar
 :roll_eyes:
:laughing: :laughing: :+1:

4 Likes

And I got it running

9 Likes

Thanks for the birthday wishes

14 Likes

has someone heard from max gasman?? longer time he has not posted more here

7 Likes

I’m also worried about @gasman

6 Likes

My mom has had a really bad crack in the bumper of her Prius for a couple of years now. She didn’t want to take it off to plastic weld it together or shell out for a new bumper cover. So I duct taped it and even paint matched it! She got tired of that and decided to use some Gorilla contact cement glue on the crack, and printed out some vinyl sticky-backed bandaids.

It made me think of this:

If it’s broke and you’re broke,
Cover it up or make it a joke

14 Likes

How many of those band aid stickers does she have? :skull_and_crossbones:

8 Likes

Screenshot_20220816-181609
Iv seen a few fixes like this :joy:

11 Likes

Your solution is better, but you could use some window kit and small steel plates on the back of the bumper. Works ok. Did that once on my motorbike. The plastic welds didnt hold up and finally decided to do it this way. Never cracked again.

3 Likes

I have taken bits of crinkled wire, heated them up and pressed them into cracks then ‘welded’ up the rest of the seam with the soldering iron. It works well with the temperature controlled one. The fixed temperature one you ended up burning the plastic. You also have to use old tips they get a layer of plastic on them you end up burning off, and then you have to clean and tin the tips, and it isn’t worth it. For thick plastic, I try to pre-heat the plastic a bit first with the hot air tool. Results can still vary depending on the type of plastic. I went to this method because glue never sticks for me.

5 Likes

I didn’t do it, she didn’t want to wait for me to take the cover off and fix it so she did it her way.

3 Likes