Life goes on - Summer 2022

Hello Kevin .

No problem with bears of big cats

3 Likes

I gess cyotes can be bad enough,all around agressive at times.Seen one jump a 10 foot fence in a city yard,on utube. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thought I’d share an excerpt from one of my genealogy books on my mother’s side of the family, the Ormands. Every male from the family in North Carolina served in the Confederacy as volunteers, this was written by a Great Great Great Granduncle, brother of my Great Great Great Grandfather John Jackson Ormand.

Note the second half of the letter. In Richmond Virginia milk was 2 Dollars a gallon in 1862, Potatoes were 8 dollars probably for the same volume in a sack.

Both of them were wounded at Gettysburg and made their way back home. Both Infantrymen.

Confederate money was actually promissory notes exchangeable to gold or silver bullion at a bank. It only lost value when all the banks were plundered as well as the gold was shipped overseas for arms purchases. England and the Austrian Empire got the lion’s share of the CSAs gold reserves.

Edit: If the CSA Dollar was anywhere close to a Union Dollar in 1862 that 2 dollars a gallon of milk is worth 58 USD in 2022.
8 would be 234 USD equivalent in 2022 for those potatoes.

5 Likes

Yep it’s getting close elk bow season starts Aug 24 here, better start looking for elk👍

2 Likes

A couple deer me and wife got with bow a few years ago 100 yards from house

12 Likes

Thanks Dean for the pictures .

Very nice mounts , I know you and wife must be proud of them.

I raise beef cattle for a living but it has been over 25 years that we have butchered one . However the freezer has plenty of meat in it :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Yesterday evening, took a little fishing trip, actually to empty my fathers small boat from rain water, and test-run his outboard engine, that i’ve done some reparations on.

15 Likes

I’m sure the freezer has plenty! I can only imagine how many snakes and other varmits, you have to harvest a year to keep it full. :rofl:

5 Likes

Hey Sean .

That reminded me of Kay Ivey campaign slogan . :smile:

8 Likes

that was funny. Much better then 'fix the damn roads" from our current governor. The one thing I know for certain is you don’t have a pile of horseshit in your freezer. :rofl:

5 Likes

I went into Atlanta today with my Mom to get my birthday present, a toolbox set. She found it on Facebook marketplace. An engineer had it for a few years and decided to upgrade and was selling it for a real good price. And I was able to talk him down a couple hundred more. I have been looking for a big box to try to get organized around here. But buying them new are way to expensive for me.

19 Likes

Yeah no sense in going into debt for a toolbox. I see all the mechanics at work go into thousands of dollars in debt just for the brand on the toolbox.

Looks like new! Glad you got it for a deal! I need to actually use my toolboxes that dad gave me, an old Kennedy and a vintage Mac Tools box. Most of y’all would have a heart attack if you saw how I operated.

10 Likes

Join the crowd Cody :grimacing:

13 Likes

I have 2 toolbox’s but most of the tools are spread around shop, prob have dirtiest shop in Canada😟

11 Likes

If you are patient, you get rewarded. Looking good Jakob, that saves a lot of time running around as a chicken without a head looking for some tool.

7 Likes

“I just had that tool in my hand a minute ago; where did it go so quick” :grimacing:

10 Likes

Well, THAT is a nice toolbox Jakob :smiley: :+1:

And by the way: anyone talking about untidy workshop’s? :laughing:

I have a funny sign somewhere here saying: An idiot can clean and keep things in order, but it need’s a genius to control chaos!
Ironic i cant find it in this mess?

16 Likes

We got kind of a heat-wave here, so im drying charcoal all day long :smiley:
20220814_150212
It’s drying real fast now, giving off a nice, almost cosy, crackling/snapping sound.

11 Likes

Yeah that looks about right.

8 Likes

Goran,
My workspace is like yours, maybe worse. It is time for me to make it more practical to get something done. The problem gets to be that you think you know where something might be, but you have to move half the pile to look for it, then you get distracted / depressed when you find another half-finished idea that was important and got buried, and then the mess is worse than before, and you have used up your time / energy supply. Tomorrow then is Monday and back to work. Arrgh. Next weekend will be better
 :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes