Life goes on - Summer 2022

I dont blame you Marcus, thats a down right shame price rigging, try and buy steel back for anything close too double that price, i dought you could buy used steel cheap these days.

2 Likes

Thanks Joep.

Hay should be ready to cut again in about three weeks and it usually takes me over a month to get it in.

I wasn’t necessarily hauling for the money but making my work area where I could walk through it again .

9 Likes

Haha. Sounds familiar. :grinning: clean space is a clear mind

1 Like

Finally have an OBD2 scanner that isn’t just a Bluetooth to the phone bare basics.

It can tell me live data like spark advance and whatnot. I’d like to get some data jogged into memory before the Sierra gets a taste of chargas. Fingers crossed I get it done this weekend.

6 Likes

@Norman89 that shop looks clean compared to mine and don’t get me started on the junk plies.

7 Likes

On the way back from argos this year i had some #2 copper i wanted to sell. Figured I’d get a better price near a larger city… i believe i got 3.55lbs.
It was enough to cover for the welder i bought earlier so i was happy.

6 Likes

Here the charcoal is slowly drying, some rain every other day, and high air humidity. I have to remember covering it when rain is on the way.

I’ve collected about a gallon a day, that i’ve sort out from the still wet charcoal. :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes

Visited a old-engine show today, lot’s to look at.
I hope i dont boring you if i share some “history”?

Woodgas-wood-chunker, to be placed after an ordinary buzz-saw.

Detail of the “reciprocating” chunking mechanism.

Here’s a grid to let sawdust of when bagging chunks.

Combined buzz-saw/chunker from Westergren’s. Same model as i have :slightly_smiling_face:
20220806_133744

Some hot-bulb engines, maybe 50 of these running at this show.
As said: hope i dont bore you with old scrap :roll_eyes:

22 Likes

Goran I’m actually a little upset over this. Every time you pop on this thread it’s something way cool and awesome, I think your holding out on us that you got so much cool stuff over there! Git to sharing, we love this stuff!

15 Likes

Here’s a link to the old engine show we have in this area goran. Check out some of the video’s. I haven’t gone in a few years. Don’t have anyone interested anymore and I don’t want to wander around by myself. Lots of steam.

https://www.buckleyoldengineshow.org/photo-gallery/

10 Likes

Thank you Tom, i recognize the name Buckley, i’ve probably seen some on Youtube, (Youtube recomend’s me a lot of Old-engine shows) :smiley:

6 Likes

@00:12 the man in the white cap and shoulder strapped camera bag is my grandfather. He is inspecting the Hart-Parr running the sawmill at Buckley.

9 Likes

When I was leaving to Austria, I take one first bunches of this year harvest. After one week I have to face “ecological catastrophe” :rofl:

This is the rest after our children already harvested some 30 kg. And only the smaler patch in our backyard. The bigger one is almost three times of this

11 Likes

Changing shooting stand to another location :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

Kamil, you are clearly the most exemplary gardener in our community, I am quite ashamed to post pictures of my field, but nevertheless we have been picking tomatoes daily and eating them as a salad for two months, mostly we have the small ones, like cherries.

6 Likes

Wayne,
Is that for venison or do you have a wild hog problem like the Texans?

6 Likes

Even if the truck shooting stand is missing out on DOW, at least it is being pull by a truck DOW.
Do you move it around on the property a lot?
Bob

5 Likes

Hello Bruce .

Venison and coyotes .

Mr. Bob .

It has been about 12 years that we moved it .

9 Likes

That’s two of my Never Evers right in one photo: Heights and Ladders :scream:

7 Likes

Hy Wayne K - do the bears bother your live stock much. or big wild cats. Maybe you could put some camera’s whare you moved the dakota tree stand from, see if they change there trails.Neat hunting stand, it has a one way door.

4 Likes