Life goes on - Summer 2023

Gas product went to $4.29 a gallon here, up from $3.69 in a day. Very exciting! I didn’t check to see what gasoline costs…prolly $5.00 per gallon.

A local resident who got confused by glass.

19 Likes

Hi All, My Wife insisted I show off her second crop of fresh eating shell peas for this season.
She’s so proud of herself she be busting out of her pants, if she wore them.

Good soil prep. Good watering through the drought season. Rabbit wire.
And three dogs for the wandering deer.
S.U.

19 Likes

That does look like a patch of peas to be proud of :blush:
It looks like sugar snap peas, those are good

8 Likes

Got about a face cord of apple wood today, and two garbage bags full of apple wood chips. Dad will love the chips on his big pull behind grill.

A truck bed full got piled up on two pallets, stacked about 4 feet high.

Guess I’ll chunk all the branches up on the tablesaw and split and burn the trunk wood into charcoal.

9 Likes

Nice looking crop, how many pound of gardon vegies you think you got this year,i got to get my dakota done so i can get a bigger gardon next year god willing.

3 Likes

19 posts were split to a new topic: About Freeze Dryers

Few short videos from the woods over the last few days deer hunting

12 Likes

Last weekend I installed our window air conditioning unit because it got up over 90⁰ F for a few days. This morning I wake up to this. Mother Nature flipped a switch and we’re in Fall. The leaves on the trees are turning color too.

12 Likes

Yep, had a good layer of ice on my windshield around 4 this morning.

About time to find my stocking hat for my bald head!

9 Likes

The guy who donated me a lot of Mazda pickup spare parts wanted nothing but a woodgas ride in return. So, yesterday i picked him up and we attended an Enthusiast Vehicle Meet in Leksand.
My pickup was the only woodburner, but still fairly unnoticed during the evening. However, fueling up and running the blower before we left suddenly attracted a big crowd of people :smile:
A few random pics:

22 Likes

Nice pictures, nice weather, nice cars, nice surroundings and nice people. Can’t beat that :smiley:

9 Likes

That’s one of the nicest 34 ford coupes I’ve seen JO. Loved to have seen his drive train.

6 Likes

Hmm, first night frost today, yes, yes, just waiting for the snow.

13 Likes

No, not ready for it yet (this year either) :joy:

8 Likes

Me neither. I have to turn the boat upside down first :smile:

6 Likes

Haha, my little boat is still upside down since fall 1995 :rofl:

6 Likes

Playing safe, do you?

5 Likes

Yup, prepared for winter all the time. In that respect there is no catching me off guard

5 Likes

Lots of cool old cars, Super car show–I see the mazda- do your mazda have a heat exchanger.? I think we got a week or two before frost starts showing up.

6 Likes

Yes, it does. Around the cyclone and its outlet pipe.

5 Likes