Life goes on - Summer 2023

Just remember to inhale before putting your lips tight to the pipe… :joy:

9 Likes

Isn’t it forbiden to use such a tool for hunting?

1 Like

You are making me wonder about a hair spray powered blow gun for your darts, similar to this potato gun. There are better potato gun videos but this was the shortest.

7 Likes

Done some tinkering today, fixed up a “toy” chainsaw,

wich lead into some thinking about a charcoal gasifier for an old generator i saved, for the fun of it, and also nice to have a way to cut wood without gasoline.
So, i started cut some gas-bottles i saved, high pressure gas bottles from vehicles, cng, these are often replaced, smallest spot of rust and away they go, could often be had for free at car repair shops.
Good steel in these, i got some pieces left and thought i build some unnecessary “art” piece.

It become this, i’ve wanted one of them vintage oilfield safety lanterns since i saw them in a youtube vintage engine video.
These are ofcourse obsolete in Sweden, but im happy with this replica.

15 Likes

Is this the same?

https://aoghs.org/technology/yellow-dog-oil-field-lantern/

5 Likes

There is a polular tv personality here in the states that uses spears, blow guns and compound recurve bows and he hunts just about everything. Seen him take everything from alligator gar to a 300lb black bear with a blowdart. It is very impressive what can be done with a small razor edge projectile and proper shot placement

8 Likes

Yes, that is the first patented, many followed, i got inspiration from them. I don’t made an exact replica, mostly the looks :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Yes for sure, but l hunt my own animals with it. I free range my rabbits and the only way to get one on to the plate is by shooting it somehow. The fishing darts are more like a fun experiment.

11 Likes

I am surprised you do not hunt with a bow, or maybe a sling or slingshot.

1 Like

Hunting slings are readily available as a commercial produkt. But again, to use it Is considered as a poaching.

3 Likes

Slingshot l never liked wery much. I use a bow sometimes but arrows are expensive and usualy get damaged after just one shot. Rabbit is a small animal so a arrow will pass right trugh.

3 Likes

It seems strange to be so confident of working on an engine that folks look sideways at you when you ask for parts. Then you get stunned at the cost of the parts compared to what we used to buy them for. Gone are the days of an in-frame engine kit for $700 and rebuilt injectors for $45.
I remember a company called Peninsular Diesel in Grand Rapids MI had Vidmar drawer cabinets lining the customer entry. The drawers were labeled as to what series engine the contents were for. You could ask for help or simply grab what you needed and put the parts on the counter. Large parts such as blocks, heads, crankshafts, rods were in the pallet racks behind the counter. I had a stack of 2 valve 3-53 heads in the garage at the time of the fire. Brand new still in the cardboard boxes. They probably could be salvaged (rusty now) but no one needs them anymore.

My Drott 40 could use some attention as it appears it broke piston rings when it hydrolocked a week after I got it due to a poorly reamed injector cup.

My 1966 Diamond T with a 6v53 is destined for the scrap yard. There was nothing wrong with the engine. The village is demanding I get rid of my collection. (2) 6-71’s will be going also.
Looks like about 300 tons of equipment will be scrapped in the next few months.

5 Likes

So the real question is, are you finally going to part with any of those?

3 Likes

So true!
I stopped in the parts store for a set of brushes for a starter on a 48 willies the other day and the guy behind the counter looked and me like i was nuts. He said"i dont thing we sell those".

I did find some locally and instock, but had to go to a shop that all they did was rebuild motors, starters, etc…

6 Likes

Nowadays parts guys have no clue what to do when you ask for rebuild parts, they only sell reman and new parts anymore. Try asking for a brake caliper rebuild kit, they think your insane

7 Likes

Maybe check out nattokiase-for heart health ease blood pressure- also serrapeptase good for circulation- and the later good for mucus relief–i just learned that havent test serrapeptase yet- ordering today though- you can research on utube. also i take vitimen d and zinc- for amune system- since my doc said i was low on or should take the vitiman. GOD BLESS hopoe you get well from coved. And vitimen k2 gets the calcium out of blood into the bones.I gess getting ouder with all the coved strains floating around life aint all its cracked up to be-- since first strain of coved floated through-i been havinf trouble sleeping longer than 2 hours at a time–last few days been taking ashwagondha and melatonin sleep aid-- that helped a lot so far even after drinking about 6 cups coffee through the day.

1 Like

I bought a caluper seal kit for my dakota- but then i bought it on line with no problem finding.?

1 Like

The auto part stores now days have a hard time find parts like that and most of them just do not stock them. I went in for a V-belt. They could not help me unless I gave them the year the make and model of the vehicle it came off off. I try to explaine to them I was not putting it on a vehicle. Sorry we can not help you then. Problem is they rely on a computer to think for them. Went down the a store where they sold bearing and belts for commercial things no problem getting a belt for what I needed and a pully too. Just got to find the right stores. A motor rewinding shop good choice for brushes.

8 Likes

Continued here: Life goes on - Winter 2023