Life Goes on - Summer 2024

I wasn’t standing very long, wife had just parked when i went a little too deep.
I just launched the boat, which was very successful, when i loosened the straps, the trailer just sank to the bottom :joy:
Then i started pulling the tractor to shallower water, to let it “drain” some, all in all, about 20-30 minutes maybe, with a laughing wife :smiley:

18 Likes

Brother Lojze has a wheeled excavator that he works with on the farm, he sent me this video:

It is a leakage of the brake valve, which is installed on the system in front of the hydraulic motor for movement, here the pressures are very high, up to 400 Bar. Apparently, it is an oil leak through the porous aluminate material. Today I tried to fix it by welding, I’m not sure if it will work…

16 Likes

It was hard to see but it looks like a hair crack between V1 and V2 in the third picture, close to V1?
What did you weld it with and did you cut into it to get penetration?
A tricky fix, hard to clean to not contaminate the weld. No warranty on that but nothing to lose by trying :blush:

14 Likes

This weather is killing me figuratively. Hot as Hades all day baking in the warehouse, and when I get home it rains me out. Feels like I got moved to the jungle.

15 Likes

We need a license and plate for any trailer on the road. I thought maybe they had insane prices for that like they do for vehicle registration costs.

We popped it off once that was a mess. Someone had taken the pin out of the latch. Or it wasn’t tightened up properly. I forgot. :slight_smile: it is kind of like laws. Something bad happens so you add a new regulation :joy:

The person who guides the trailer backs is now delegated to watch the hitch and a few other things once the boat is to the water… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

As @tcholton717 referred to me with that “redneck engineering” video (which i take as a compliment :smiling_face:)
i thought this piece of redneck engineering could fit in (to prove im a redneck).

First some history: these type of carrier mopeds has in some time back been popular in Sweden, license free, cheap insurance, could be driven from you turn 15 years.
Used a lot by delivery boys, postmen and like.

I’ve wanted one for some time, but nowadays they are collectors items, classics, and crazy expensive.
So i decided to build my own, for no$…

A free, scrap EU moped-scooter, a free, scrap chinese atv, scrap pieces of iron, wood and some rusty water-pipes.
Test driving it last three days, some small problem with “death wobble” but all-in-all works good. Practical for fishing trips, mushroom and berries picking, and just fun driving.

My friends didn’t want to go for a ride, but a fun photo.

Another thing thats on my brain: this 50cc two-stroke has separate oil injection, maybe a chargas victim?

26 Likes

It would be impossible to like this more. :joy:

13 Likes

You are a man after my own heart. The only downside is after I am gone my kids are going to say
“what on earth did he save all this junk for?”

21 Likes

I want to leave mine a bunch of junk Don. After all they’ve put me through in this life I want a little payback. Too bad I won’ be around to hear all the bitchin. Signed" a somewhat bitter old man."

15 Likes

To bad Tom but I dont say anything before I am really old. Our kids are ok but puberty makes me real okd very fast.

Top Goran. Showed it to our technical boy. Cant wait to start he says. :grinning:thanks. And stay at safe distance from the waterside.

12 Likes

It’s like one of those Danish Christiana bikes but motor powered. Very cool! I found a few years ago some old photos of Harley Davidson and Triumph cargo trikes used by postal workers in the US and England.

downloadfile
Mail02

I wonder if the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley has one of these that I could look at.

16 Likes

They are all over. They are essentially rickshaws. They are now called 3 wheeled cargo bikes. They are popular because they don’t need a license or insurance. :slight_smile: I believe In the UK, you can actually have 4 wheels and still be registered as a bike with a certain hp limit.

I don’t blame them! You are missing creature comforts. They full expect shading, and legroom and padded seats! But personally, I would make it a dump box. :slight_smile:

It is nice work though :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Very cool, Göran. You’re full of surprices. When did you find time to build this one? Did you throw it together last night?

14 Likes

Haha, almost :smiling_face:
I was building the “bed” and front end on evenings after work week before vacation.
Then i “dock’ed” it together last thursday :smiley:
Most time i spend on get the moped running, as it had been standing some years, and somebody had stolen the complete cdi ignition system.

10 Likes

Hi Cody, yes it’s cool vehicles, has always been popular in old towns, with narrow streets.
In Denmark they still use a lot of them, mostly electric nowadays.

These is my favourites in Denmark, i saw alot of them in Kobenhaven, has been used since early 1900s. Also popular in England i believe.

15 Likes

Hi Joep, i really recomend your boy building one, fun and practical vehicles, and i guess alot cheap Chinese EU-scooters are available in the Netherlands too?
If he wants some ideas, just ask, i can snap some pic’s, i also have some drawings of the original moped type (somewhere).

Haha, going to the lake this afternoon for a fishing trip, but i don’t bring the tractor :joy:

14 Likes

You dont need a tractor to get yourself in trouble :grinning:.

Well, on holiday now. You cant imagine the projects we are talking about. Currently he is in his scooterperiod, although he drove 22.000 km in his car since end of februari. Scooters are lying everywhere. Downside is wheelies. If he cant do that he is not interested.

Edit, :grinning:yes we can. We build in a 125 cc two stroke :grinning:. Another project :frowning:
We just blew up the jetskis. That makes three more projects. Ten years without problems, now all together.

The above bike looks just like DJ s diy cargobike. Denmark is famous for his bikes. I thought we were but Denmark is a winner.

14 Likes

Haha, maybe not. :smiley:
Well, wheelies are fun, but with cargo mopeds they are hard to do, but driving them on two wheels are pretty easy :smiley:

Some years ago i visited “speed weekend on ice” here in Sweden, and watched a maniac driving one of above mentioned mopeds, powered by a Kawasaki 1100, it had no trouble lifting both front wheels 1/2meter. I believe his noted record was 161 km/h. :grimacing:

13 Likes

That is indeed a maniac. Kawasaki is our colour :grinning:. When the Honda blufbird apeared and claimed it would do 300 km/h, it did not. Ten year old Kawa was faster and almost hit the 300. To fast for me. :grinning:

9 Likes

Swedish are crazy on ice, Fins maybe even more if you see them ralleydriving.

10 Likes