Life Goes on - Summer 2024

Chrysler/Jeep was bought by daimler, then they by fiat and now part of Stellaris, and I think they dropped the chrysler label and only have jeeps an Ram trucks.

5 Likes

Hello Goran, Lojze’s brother tested the hydraulic valve, the part that I welded is holding, but it turned out that there is still a leak on the opposite side, so that will have to be repaired.

14 Likes

Local news flash:
“Shortage of fermented herring this fall”
What a disaster. We will have to do with fresh fish, instead of rotten.

16 Likes

Do you eat “surströmming” JO? :smiley:

9 Likes

Finally took the mower deck off of my Murray. It is too small of a mower deck to reliably use on the property.
This is going to be my Tow Mule.

Definitely going to be a woodgas victim in the near future, it goes into a wheelie even at Slow RPM when you drop the clutch into 5th gear.

12hp Synchro-Balanced Flathead Briggs and Stratton engine, should be about 458cc.

Mounting point is already decided for me, the front clip for the mower deck and key into that round hole. Would give me good counterbalance for high gear pulls.

14 Likes

Chrysler is still selling the Pacifica minivan and 300 sedan. Dodge has the Hornet SUV, Charger sedan, and Challenger coupe. However, it’s the end of the road for the current Challengers and Chargers, next year they will be electric.

5 Likes

I kind of quit paying attention to them after diamler bought them, and they starting fighting all the emissions rules
 Then Fiat is doing the same thing. The laws aren’t set up so they even HAVE to change, they just have to buy credits from another company. so the entire US Fleet progresses.

6 Likes

No, the smell has always prevented me from getting close enough to have a bite :smile:

10 Likes

I had to google it. For everyone that wants to know, dont :grinning:.

7 Likes

Is it similar to Haggis? yes or no is fine. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No, haggis is ok food :smile:

6 Likes

Well, i like the taste, much like “strong” blue mold cheese, and with some red oninon in a roll, yummy :yum:

But i can’t stand the smell! I haven’t even think about eating surströmming since i stopped drinking alcohol, pretty much tells it all about the smell? :joy: :woozy_face:

12 Likes

Göran. I heard some people open the can under water and keep it there and just get the bits out while eating, they say it smells less but that could also be like a placebo effect.

Made a frame to use with the jib for the tractor to lift the solar panels up on the scuffolding today and while I was at it I also made a swivel for it, will be useful later on as well. The swivel that is, not the frame. The frame will help to heat the house this winter

I used the car trailer to work on but someone drilled a hole in the fender
 :smile:

I saw the risk before I drilled but I thought to myself ”I will just hold back a bit just before it goes through”. Well, that went well

At least i don’t have a flat.

20 Likes

You’re having way too much fun Johan.
A fancy sticker will fix the fender :grin:

11 Likes

Not sure I want to hide it. It is way to fun to be reminded of and tell about, probably recognizeable for a lot people when they hear it. :smile:

8 Likes

A fancy sticker saying “I drilled here” then a big arrow pointing to the hole Then put a piece of duct tape over and another sticker that says"(by mistake)" fixes it. I am all about diplomacy solving problems. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Since I don’t have the use of my old jumbo air compressor anymore I’ve been using a newer Harbor Freight 30 gallon compressor. It’s okay but it’s noisy, not the low rumble of my old V Twin Ingersoll-Rand. Tired of the compressor kicking on and off when plasma cutting, and my Dad’s homemade air dryer/expansion tank is starting to leak so I’m going to make a new one using a 20lb propane tank.

20lb tanks use a 3/4" NPT fitting so I ordered a Male-Female-Female 3/8" brass tee and a 3/4 Male-3/8 Female bushing. From there it’s just thread in your coupler and barb. To drain it just unhook the barb. Should give me another 5 gallons of air so maybe a minute or two more of plasma cutting in peace. Might hook a few up in series later on down the road. Propane tanks should be able to withstand 120PSI easily but I’ll regulate at the compressor to Shop spec 90 PSI. Maybe now I can leave my compressor hooked up and on.

15 Likes

I put 48v on the old resister Melex and it really flies now!

18 Likes

I must say Bruce, you have many interesting machines and things. It is fun to see :smiley:

11 Likes

Thank you for your interest. I am grateful that you appreciate them. Some are old friends, and some are torture devices

14 Likes