Life Goes on - Summer 2024

I know what you mean, I for instance like our old backhoe from the seventies but you never know which hydraulic hose is going to break this time or ’do I need to renovate another cylinder this year’ :smile:

14 Likes

Taking it easy in the sun :smiley:

Repairing a friends moped, while the “slizer” makes fuel for me in the background.

Good thing is this fuel is’nt attractive for fuel thieves :smiley:

The other day a neighbor and friend asked me if i wanted some thin slabs.

A little old and grey, but free wood, and it’s more of it.

14 Likes

Well we are now deep into our “100 days of summer” now.
Only one actual rain showers day in this month so far. No more expected.
The native grasses and weeds are mature, seeds dropping, and turning golden brown.
Garden beds need daily; sometimes twice a day, watering.

The Wife is somewhere out there hand watering in her nightgown with a cup of early morning coffee.

And yesterday I had an older than me visiter friend up from where we moved from to this still place of semi-isolated peace and quiet.
We each in turn could turn away and old-man pee in my own front yard peacefully. Haven’t been able to do that down on the old place for years and years due to the gotten too busy road traffic and actual built up houses windows.

True Rural Americans . . . these are factors that are traditionally important to us.

Others now . . . no buzzing snooping intrusive arial Drones. No; to minimal, Gov’Mint Officials “come to help you”.

Regards
Steve Unruh

14 Likes

Reminds me of my grandma telling of what a neighbor said looking through her kitchen window at his field in the distance. “nowhere to pee” :grin:

12 Likes

Steve, how does old-man pee differ from what we are already familiar with pee?

Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

.Anyone have a good solution for a mosquito trap? Apparently, my strategy of letting the grass grow long to encourage dragon flies, and had worked all summer finally backfired. I was seeing like 10 dragonflies a day, and haven’t seen one in about a week… so I am unsure what happened, except now I am seeing the 1000 mosquitos they would have eaten everyday.

Im not keen on spraying insecticides but I might on at least the bushes. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Whatever trap you decide you could use sugar, water, and yeast to generate CO2 to attract them. Maybe use some dish soap to break surface tension.

9 Likes

I am going to try it. I am just wondering if I should go back to the buckets with stale pond water and some dishsoap so they drown.

I am more upset, I don’t see the dragonflies.

And as always the HF tennis racket electronic flyswatter works better for mosquitos then it does for flies. :wink:

4 Likes

Wood, wood, wood,… sawing, cutting, stacking,… I had some extra money, but a while ago I bought this chipper, which cuts dry hard oak waste, which is created when trimming boards, much easier.

now that I used up the sand, I was able to level and harden the surface, …

but here I intend to build a simple wooden canopy

here is another one of the “dumps” for “waste” metals

I had this green friend for an “operation” some time ago (gearbox repair), but now he is diligently returning the favor

19 Likes

I started thinking about this on my 0-3 trip errand run. It just needs a bit of ground corn in it for a high protein energy drink. However, it needs the soap so they sink, and dawn has a distinctive smell and flavor to it… so Im not sure how to get around that issue. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow Tone, I have a Remet too, but yours is bigger :grinning:
And a lot of stainless there, you the Swedish way?
And your green friend is very capable outdoors, my yellow friend start to shiver when the door opens and gets stuck right away if I push him outside, Good job!

11 Likes

You guys are lucky. I’ve never had such good friends and the few i have had are now all broke like me. If I had Tone’s friends I’d be a dangerous man.

11 Likes

Cousins from Western Washington have been visiting during the rainy spell. They noted how much more intense the rain is but because it’s so hot you’re not that uncomfortable being out in the rain. They said the rain out in Wet-Side Washington is more of a constant gloomy drizzle.

It’s rained just about every day for a few hours at a time for the last two weeks. Goes from hot, then torrential downpour, then hot and humid. I’m glad we fixed the dike’s culvert for the pond, I think if it was still plugged I wouldn’t be able to leave my driveway.

16 Likes

Why hold back? Go for the Pacer :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I don’t think you are supposed to say dike any more Cody, but it’s nice that you fixed her culvert.

10 Likes

Tom I guess you have to be our age, politically incorrect, have a warped sense of humor and named Tom to understand your post :smile:

14 Likes

Young swedish girl - but one in a milion I think.

7 Likes

Here’s how the valve is setup. If I were to do it again I’d use as much 1/4" as possible. Also the male ends I ordered were the larger air chuck size and that’s pretty frustrating. I use the smaller spec air chucks. Next time I will just go to Harbor Freight for the air fittings.

Like I said earlier I’d like to eventually gang a few of these up in series, or when I get another 100lb tank I’ll just use one of these and weld in a bottom drain.

To drain this one just unhook it and tip it over, no need to overcomplicate things.

These do work to capture a little bit of water, and every little bit helps when you don’t have to keep buying consumables.

Now to get rid of the old dishwasher we have in the corner and put my compressor over there to make more room.

Edit:

Nobody puts baby in the corner. Luckily this isn’t a baby.

I have temporarily patched up the leaks in the old dryer/expansion tank so now I’ve got two in series. Should be a lot of air for the plasma cutter now. Eventually I’ll change these lines to some metal hard lines with some proper drain valve areas in the hard line.

14 Likes

What do you think Göran, @Woodrunner the 135 ran fine last time I was in the woods, but this time the idle didn’t work, almost full revs or nothing, didn’t respond to turning, I poked the carburettor, the revs changed.
The guy I got it from had run it over with the car, suspects the intake pipe but doesn’t see any cracks, but the rubber has loosened in a few places, but thinks the rubber should go right through the aluminum.

11 Likes

That intake looks fine i think.
A ran-over saw could be tricky, cracks in crankcase and bad crank seals are typical for how it runs.
Leaky fuel/impulse lines also, but would die after a while.
It looks like it got two carb flaps? (Fresh air scavenging, x-torq) finicky to troubleshoot, check throttle levers and idle screws.
If you got it run on somewhat stable revs (don’t need to be idle) tip it from side to side, clutch down- listen. Starter/flywheel side down-listen.
Revving up, or go down may indicate bad crank seals, or a crack in side of case.
Edit: if you feel unsure about the intake, you may cover it with rtv silicone from outside, as a test-fix.

14 Likes