Life Goes on - Summer 2024

Not reported in the mainstream news channels.

Woman stops 12 ft gator with .22 pistol!
“Florida Woman Stops Alligator Attack Using a small .22 caliber Ruger Pistol.” Another good reason to have a concealed weapons permit.
This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.
Here’s her story in her own words: "While walking along the edge of a pond just outside my house in the Villages discussing a property settlement with my soon-to-be ex-husband, and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water.
It began charging us with its large jaws wide open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.
“If I had not had my little Ruger 22 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today! Just one shot to my estranged husband’s knee cap was all it took.
The gator got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. The amount I saved in lawyer’s fees was really incredible and his life insurance was also a big bonus!”

16 Likes

some impressions from a walk in the surroundings…a kohler motor with interesting details…
i controlled the oil level…it was full to top with oil or better said water…entered during the exhaust pipe all over the years, though the exhaust pipe was covered with a bean can, but the rust has destroyed the bottom of the can with the time…a pitty

16 Likes

Oh Giorgio, that’s a nice piece of equipment, a generator?! It would be worth restoring when he lived to be 100 years old. :grinning:

12 Likes

yes, i think a generator…are you interested? the mazda , i think would easily handle it…
ideal playtool for you as electrician and mechanic man…
but: the owner is a very avaricious man, hard to threat, though he is near the grave with his 95 years…
further the crank case is full with water-oil mix, the motor is blocked, the crank handle is not to turn…
but ideal for someone who has time and no other projects…would be nice object for woodgas with a sustaric gasifier…i know this engine since 35 years on that place…
if you like i can ask the owner for the price?
threating in italy needs time…
for my old iron cart it needs 10 years to get according, but another person…
the 95 years old owner has also 2 bcs fragments there, but all open motors half dismantled,
a pitty…he sells the metal…

11 Likes

Giorgio, thank you for the offer, but now I have too much work and projects, I finally managed to cover the new facility for drying fuel (or for storing old machines), but maybe I will accept the offer in the coming years, when I stop my construction ventures. :grin:

18 Likes

Too many bags of unscreened charcoal take up too much space. I found a way to utilize some of my obtainium to shrink down the volume of the future fuel and store it in a barrels until I find the time to build a charcoal gasifier.

23 Likes

Nice machine JO, is that two garbage bins put together?
You maybe explained, but i watched without sound.

10 Likes

That’s right. Also, I mentioned the machine is not nearly as fancy as yours. To be able to compete with you and Tone is impossible.

11 Likes

Well, i think you’re doing good at that :smiley: :+1:
Myself, i would never compete against Tone, he’s a real master

10 Likes

Goran, JO, a little joke doesn’t hurt, last time I made a joke at your expense, well, this time it’s the other way around, anyway thanks for the praise between the lines, which I don’t deserve. There will be no competition between us, only cooperation and learning from each other, this is also the reason for our association.
JO, are you cooking with charcoal because you have wood residue, or is it a residue from cleaning the gasifier (I doubt it)? :thinking::grin:

13 Likes

Tone, it’s all cleanout material from the gasifiers. I expect to fill a couple barrels with screened charcoal for a generator, a lawnmower or similar - when I find the time to play. For now I’m only interested in getting all the bags of unscreened char out of the way.

13 Likes

That fuel size is perfect for an updraft or other little charcoal unit.

You could also use it as a “Instant Char Bed” in an emergency I would wager.

13 Likes

That’s just what my charcoal fuel looks like JO. Save that dust. You can use it for water purification in an emergency. Chlorinate what ever obtanium water you can get, run it though a bucket of sand to get out any organic matter and then through the char dust to pull the chemicals out of it.

12 Likes

It takes a lot more space if it isn’t crushed. :slight_smile: I store mine in barrels with lids.

You can also just throw your fines into your compost bin, it is amazing what that stuff does when it is charged in your garden. I have a line in the lawn where I threw some on to test it a few years ago. It wasn’t precharged it was just ground up in the meat grinder. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Cody, Tom, Sean - that’s the plan - a small charcoal unit.
The majority of what’s screened out is ash, nevertheless it will end up in the garden or on the compost anyway.
I have no need for water purification. We’re fortunate to live on an ice age gravel ridge and our drinking water has already been filtered for 50 years in avarage. No treatment needed.
The upper size of my charcoal is what it is - straight from the gasifiers. That’s the whole idea - to be able to skip the steps of charcoal making and crushing.

15 Likes

Be careful with the ash, that CAN cause issues in gardens. It is good enough to just dust with it usually in the fall. It is a pretty strong base but it does help keep away various pests, and it has various nutrients and compositions depending on the feedstock. I don’t exactly know what they all are, heavy metals like Arsenic, mercury, etc. can sometimes be found. If it isn’t overdone mother nature can do it’s work.

8 Likes

True, you have to be selective about where to use high pH material.

7 Likes

JO, the fuel looks great to me. What size holes are there on the bin mesh?

Since yall are reporting about whats going on lll throw my part in too. Been real buissy with the new job so l hadnt had much time to do much else. The charcoal kiln is lonely…

Made it on national TV thugh :smile: check this out. Skip to 5.50

8 Likes

These people are all madmen. They have insane amounts of strenght just from climbing with the huge balls they got… been having real trouble keeping up with them and only now lm slowly geting there. The muscles in the forearm are begining to swell from all the gripping wich is a good thing, perhaps if l work here long enaugh l stand a chance in arm wresling with Tone :wink:

Oh l forgot to mention, we harvested our wheat. Thanks to Giorgio for presenting the remedy for sick wheat, we lost all our crop last year due to a fungal infection. This year not a single ear is sick (l manualy pulled out the sick ones too before they were in flower, but there werent many). Seed was desinfected with dry powdered copper sulphate.

19 Likes

I would have to meassure. I’m at work, but I guess 3-4 mm.

I was expecting to see your face grinning in that video :smile: Fantastic landscape though. The blond reporter too :smile: Can’t wait to visit.

10 Likes