Life Goes on - Summer 2024

Aluminum oxide, VERY fine grit.

11 Likes

Very nice work Göran. My sister-in-law achieved a similar result with a Dremel tool. I like your design

better, though.

14 Likes

My mom used to do acid gel etching for glass before she got a laser engraver. I need to learn how to use it so I can make plasma cutting jigs.

11 Likes

Werner has completed his construction.

10 Likes

Oh he got his old van running again! Very cool!

8 Likes

Think Werner built one for another guy, for sale.
They charge about 300 dollars for a gengas unit, Lars sold an s10a with gengas unit for 1300 dollars.
EDIT Should be $3000 and $13000.

13 Likes

I wonder if warrenty and lifelong tecnical support is included in the price :thinking: :smile:

13 Likes

That is exactly why i’ve said NO, when people had asked me to build a gasifier vehicle for them :rofl:

14 Likes

Is that 13,000 Krona or did you translate it to USD?

7 Likes

Sorry Cody, I have a hard time with numbers,
30000 Swedish kronor (approx $3000) for a gengas unit and 130000 Swedish kronor (approx $13000) for the car with gengas unit

12 Likes

Jan,
That is still a bargain! Expertise, labor, materials, and used vehicles that will convert to wood gas are getting costly here.

13 Likes

Yes, I think they are good people who can keep up, Lars has started making aggregates for charcoal wood as well, and has some courses in coaling

11 Likes

Yes, Yes, nothing else to wait for, now winter is here.

17 Likes

Nice and sunny day today, showing off chainsaws at a local farming museum.

After playing with saw’s.

A nice load of “cookies” to bring home for fuel, nice to just sit and hand-split these to chunks.

A nice threshing machine.

Pulled out, and powered by flat-belt by a grey Fergie.

18 Likes

It’s that time of year again

22 Likes

Pity you quit drinking beer Göran. Sitting in the evening sun splitting cookies with a beer is terapeutic.

9 Likes

Good catch Marcus. That is several meals.

10 Likes

Haha, yes, i miss that sometimes :joy:
But the uncontrolled way i drink beer, an axe is not a safe tool
 :hushed: well fingers probably works in the gasifier but anyway
 coffee and snus will do :cowboy_hat_face:

15 Likes

I can’t help myself

The fish are in and I must go!

16 Likes

You ever done them up as patties? Great for breakfast. We like to use soda crackers that are about to go stale. Out here we have to settle for the canned stuff but I bet fresh caught would be heavenly.

7 Likes