Life goes on - Winter 2015

Been a busy afternoon here. The dead-end road sign is in front of one of our houses. Drove up past doing well-ness checks and to find out why some “dead-enders” (insider joke between us friends) had not cell phoned back.
Had to power ax my way into one place past five downed cedar trees. Used the vehicle to do some cell phones recharging.
May seen strange to most here but true dead-enders like it that way and are not much bothered when the end-of-the road, power-goes-out.
They mostly like their peace-and-quiet. All woodheat and just fall back to; electricity-without.
They fall back to roof collecting for water. (I gift water filters that do not get used)
They fall back to kerosene lamps for lighting. (I gift wind-up radio/lights that do get used some)
Sigh.
I’ve lost friends to burn-downs.
And self-food poisoning.

Everybody has a right to go to seek their own heaven,or hell, after their own fashion.
Steve Unruh

4 Likes

I like projects I can do in an afternoon. Here’s one for the southwestern guys… a mini chile roaster!

I made this to fit a Weber gas grill, in place of the optional rotisserie. It’s motorized, at a very slow rotation speed. It holds enough chiles to make gallons of spicy salsa. Being that it’s mild steel, I seasoned it thoroughly before use.

Works on other stuff too… I tried onions and tomatillos in it, and they worked just fine. Could probably roast any vegetable this way, if it’s not too delicate to roll around.

5 Likes

Neat looking project Chris S , I want too make one something like that design for a potato tumbler.

1 Like

Neat vidio Wayne on the choo choo tractor,that tractor far out.

Merry Christmas from Sweden.

8 Likes

No snow here… it rained last night… merry Christmas to everyone here… have a safe and happy holiday

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to all.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Chris :relaxed:

4 Likes

What Wayne said x2

10 Likes

White Christmas here rain turned to snow overnight. Those that wanted one got their wish. My wish is for them to come clear my drive…

But let us count our blessings rather shovel a little snow than watch my house get pushed into a pile like they’re doing in the south
Merry Christmas All

6 Likes

My God has blessed me with all of your friendship. Thank God and Merry Christmas. TomC

8 Likes

May the Lord God Of All Bless You this year and for ever more. Thank You all here on DOW for your input of words, knowledge and friendship. Happy Birthday Chris.
Bob

7 Likes

Happy birthday Chris

5 Likes

All of the above and an extra happy birth day to Mr. Chris…!

From sunny PA,
Jeff

3 Likes

It’s been a great year here at DOW , I’ve learned a lot. Merry Christmas to all and Happy birthday Chris.
Tim

2 Likes

Happy birthday Chris :birthday:

:evergreen_tree: Merry Christmas everybody :santa:

3 Likes

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO Y’ALL, AND MY GOD BLESS YOU!!:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

It’s Christmas Eve, Merry Christmas to all The DOW members and their families, may this Christmas be the best ever.
Bob Mackey

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to everybody.

Happy birthday Crisky

6 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy Birthday Chris!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to all and to Chris a happy birthday!

2 Likes