Life goes on - Winter 2015

That’s good Chris. 6" of snow isn’t too bad.

1 Like

I have had my share of snow for this year. ( you may have to look real close in the picture ) :grin:

The wind chill was in the low teens as I fired up the work horse this morning . :confounded:

The gasifier seem to love this weather but I don’t

4 Likes

Hey Wayne, it must be what, about 30 degrees down there?:grinning:

1 Like

Hey Joseph , You got it !

Yesterday the schools were turn out and the state offices were closed also.

I just don’t think I could survive in winter any further north than Huntsville or Memphis :grin:

7 Likes

Yeah, that was 80 miles south of here. They got hit a lot harder than us. We also stayed home… :smile:

3 Likes

Polar bear on a tropical beach, is it? :grin:
Looks like April or May to me.

5 Likes

HA HA HA … We have 6 inches of SOLID ice on the ground here. I use Yaktrax on my boots … Have to crawl otherwise … My knees are shot … My water line is frozen to the trailer but I did take the base plate off the water meter this year so it wouldn’t crack … Have to walk 700 feet to the house to take a crap … My 90 year old dad was out shoveling snow last time I talked with him (yesterday ?). He’s 20 miles east of NYC … Chris, I renewed my ham license … Good to 2026 now … 73’s WB2EXG, Mike LaRosa
PS, we are finally above zero here for a few days …

2 Likes

This is the 4th year now using my conversion of a gas furnace into a waste motor oil furnace. It keeps my shop about 60 degrees F. after a quick heat up blast with a propane heater.

8 Likes

Nice Don.
Someday I will be asking you for instructions on building one.

1 Like

If this got too hot by the exhaust it could become a wood burning motorcycle.

9 Likes

I have to do away with some 2"4. Now I know how :smile:

3 Likes

Hey Don .

I was just about to comment, the machine looks about like something we would build down here. Then I noticed the sign in the background :grinning:

10 Likes

Don, don’t you mean a burning wood motorcycle?

3 Likes

Oh my!!! Cabin fever is getting to you guys.

Don I am all about good heating system for the shop. I think you said your shop was in an old chicken coop. How big is it? How much oil does it use in any given time? And where do you come by this used oil? I think I do remember seeing a video of the drip into a pan system. I swear your are a real “doer”.TomC

1 Like

Hi Tom
Around here about any garage that changes oil will give it to you. If they don’t give it away they have to pay to have it picked up.
I have burned over 600 gallon in a old 90 ford 7.3 by centrifuge it and mixed up to 50-50 with diesel.

2 Likes

I wonder if the frame is made from sugar pine. If it did catch on fire, you would have some charcoal when you finally got the fire put out. I wonder what state that picture was taken. Got Wood Chopper.
Bob

1 Like

Tom, my building is 40 x 110 but I divided it into smaller rooms. The one I heat with waste oil is about 26 x 40. I have about 150 gallons ahead and I get it mostly off craigs list. An independent trucker was a good supplier until he retired. My furnace burns just over a gallon an hour and I don’t leave it unattended.

4 Likes

Could use a wood gas generator to help with a power surge at my house today. Washer and dryer have been running nonstop. Both my kids have the flu and have been constantly puking up their meals. My son is not quite two and my daughter is about 6 months. Several people I called in the area as much as 100 miles away have the flu as well.

2 Likes

I will keep you all in my prayers. Praying for your children to get well.
Bob

3 Likes

RobertS we’all just cycled through this stumack flue here too.
One day for the wife and me. The 11 mo godchild still doing the puking once or so a day.
Yep. Messy. Makes for a lot of laundry. Showers. And hairs washings. My wife has very long hair. Then long grid-gobbling blow dryer stints.
Cheer up “And This too shall pass”
Regards, and lots of patience and preseverence passed forward to you both
Steve Unruh

4 Likes