Life goes on - Winter 2016

That’s right
Happy Birthday Chris

3 Likes

Bill, congradeulations! I just came home from a 3rd birthsday of my neace, so it seems this date is quite crowded…

Happy hollydays to everyone!

7 Likes

Happy birthday and Christmas Chris :relaxed:

5 Likes

Hello all.

I put some miles on the Dakota today. I drove into Birmingham to visit a good friend of mine that is sick and in the hospital. We have been close friends from about 5 years old which has been a long time !!

Also I always visit my Dad,s grave site on Christmas Eve so off we go to the cemetery where he is laid to rest.

Charles Lebron ( Bronnie ) Keith

OK, now what about my Grand Paw, So I drive to his grave sight .

Talley Augustus Keith ( Paw Paw )

Also visited my Great Grand Dad

General Beauregard Keith .

I drove to visit my Great Great Grand Dad

Stopped in to visit my Great Great Great Grand Dad and Grand Mother .

I’m sure they never saw a motor car much less a wood powered one at their grave :cry:

A very enjoyable day :relaxed:

14 Likes

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. Merry Christmas all!

Hope Santa makes it around to everyone’s house this year! The elves have been experimenting with woodgas, but he doesn’t look too pleased with the results… better stick with reindeer!

9 Likes

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Just worked my way through this topic. There was was a section about beef. When I moved back to the family farm a few years back I decided to try and get it going again raising grass fed beef. Mostly because the old fields where a mess and I figured I know cows so I will try. Moved back to help take care of my mother.
Anyway i started with grass fed because I simply didn’t want to spend the money on grain. The first cow I sent in to be butchered I couldn’t believe how good the beef was. Now I grew up with a dairy farm and we alway dressed off a heifer that wouldn’t breed so the beef was way better then the junk at the store. But grass fed is a step way above that.
The question of field slaughter also came up back there somewhere. Here you can do it for yourself but you can’t sell it unless it is butchered at a butcher who has a USDA inspector on staff. I actually think that is a good protection. I wouldn’t want to sell non inspected food products here for fear someone would take me to court when they got the flue and take my farm from me.
Oh well enough ranting Merry Christmas again to everyone may we all find joy in the simple pleasures during this cold season.

7 Likes

Hi Wayne,
It’s great to be able to trace your family that far back and relatively close. Best of the holidays to you and yours.
Pepe

3 Likes

Hey Wayne, that’s an amazing history all registered in memorials. Mine is traced on both sides to Ellis Island from 1848 and 1903, from Holland overseas.
Only military service was dad in WWII. I could only pry army stories from him on one day as he would get nightmares the same night he talked about them.

2 Likes

There is a step above grass fed; Australian Cattle Farm Claims Feeding Cows Chocolate Is the Secret to Tastier Beef

2 Likes

Hey Doug .

Thanks for the comment .

In the past I have had horses that I could not even give away . Below is an article where grand paw Cornelius Keith ( 3 more generations from above grave stones ) traded a pony for most of Pickens co SC.

2 Likes

It’s wonderful how church centered the settlers were with this background. Without any real medicine back then, the next journey was around the corner.
My mom and I went to a museum in Frankenmuth, MI on the east side of the state and when we passed a lantern with a flat cone shape on it’s bottom, she said that it was the only design her grandparents would own since it wouldn’t tip over and burn the barn down. No fire trucks out in the country.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Chris and a Merry Christmas too all on DOW!

Bryan

4 Likes

Happy birthday chris saeze and happy christmas too all of dow and familys.And thankyou jesus for dieing on the cross for such a retched people that we all are,that we could be saved from the sins of this life,and live eturnally in heaven, Happy Birth day JESUS.And thank you for the angels that comfort us in times of sadness and pain, and subdue are enemys.

5 Likes

May I wish a late Merry Christmas.
All the relatives are already gone and so is the snow.

6 Likes

70F and sunny , perfect Christmas weather :relaxed:

4 Likes

A big storm is rolling in, sounds like the Dakotas will be getting hit hard. Snow has started, and I heard of freezing rain 40km east, which is bad, given that it’s minus 15. Blizzard conditions forecast by evening with a windchill around minus 35. Potential snowfall of 50cm ( 1 1/2’).

Here’s the official definition of blizzard conditions:

When winds of 40 km/hr or greater are expected to cause widespread reductions in visibility to 400 metres or less, due to blowing snow, or blowing snow in combination with falling snow, for at least 4 hours.

A good day to stay at home, unfortunately many people will be travelling, hopefully there’s no fatalities.

Regards,

4 Likes

Merry Christmas to all and to all a tar free run…

8 Likes

We are trying to keep up with you Wayne, 55 and sunny today, 63 tomorrow.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That is a wonderful present to behold for Christmas. Prise God in the highest.
Bob

3 Likes

Merry Christmas Everyone. God’s Blessings to you all this season.
Bob

4 Likes