Life goes on - Winter 2016

Awesome.
Pretty sure I need a picture of the cupola. I’ve always wanted an old one from a barn.

2 Likes

It’s pretty straight forwards. A 26x26 inch box built to sit flat on the roof with the bottom sloped to match the roof. A shed style roof hinged to swing back. Et voila. Davids turret. It’s buried in snow and I’m becoming a chicken these days and don’t want to venture out there to get the photo.

4 Likes

https://www.cellrizon.com/products/smartphone-waterproof-endoscope-inspection-camera-for-android-devices
Toys for DOW boys.

6 Likes

That camera is pretty cool. How long before one of us melts one in a gasificer? :smile:

3 Likes

I made ports in my gasifier for one of those. I can’t wait until I can get back to my build.

2 Likes

Forest Gump said life was like a box of chocolate.
I’d say more like wheelbarrels of wood and truckbeds of snow.

8 Likes

What Bill Said…

4 Likes

You order one of these yet carl?

Think I finally got the quoting figured out :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Theres a similar one availble on amazon with differing camera cord lengths;

3 Likes

Winter hit Dixie.

Last night we had a freezing rain event that shut down all the roads in our area. Wind chills are down in the single digits .

It took a while to get the ole John Deere fired up this morning :rage:

My son road his horse to work and back this morning . It is about a 10 mile round trip by road but about a 3 mile trip through the woods by horse . :relaxed:

14 Likes

Price almost too good to be true, have to try one!

1 Like

Wow, Wayne that’s some chilly weather down by you all this weekend.
Kudos for Tallie bundling up for his transportation options this morning. Is there a reason him opting for the horse rather than a vehicle in these temps?
I don’t have much experience with Dodges. I really need a 4x4. This one a friend owns and wants to get rid of for around $2000.
As you see it has custom body wody work on the front fenders and doors. He also put in $3000 worth of work on the front end, radiator and the transaxle. My son drove it up here, about 200 miles and said it drove well.
My question is, it was manufactured 06/97. If I buy an older vehicle, I want the option to feed it wood gas. Would this vehicle be a good candidate, or is it a bit tricky. I’m not as mechanically adept as most of you. Does it have a distributor?
Please share some thoughts for me

2 Likes

We had about 1-1/2" snow, no ice. 13F this morning.

4 Likes

I have almost the identical truck, a 99. Yes, they had distributors up till 99. Mine has the 360, very good motor I think. I’ve heard of many going for a lot of miles. My only complaint is that they are so big, every mechanical job is a major undertaking. The big dodges of that vintage are notorious for steering play, drive down the road a bit like a tractor. There are after market kits to stiffen the front frame and steering. And from what I hear, leave changing the ball joints to a garage, way too much work.

3 Likes

The horse looks happier with that idea then your son. Great photo.

2 Likes

So when he gets to school do they have a hitching rack?

Do other kids ride to school?

2 Likes

Now that endoscope thingy might just push me over the edge into getting a smart phone! I could save a lot of money on my next colonoscopy.

4 Likes

Tried that already Andy. Don’t waste your money video quality was pretty crappy

4 Likes

Hello Mr. Bill

All the roads in my area were shut down Yesterday about dark. About half inch of ice . Today at noon I- 20 coming through our county is still not passable . Traffic lined up for many miles ( per TV)

Hello Mr. Gibbs.

School was canceled yesterday because of the forecast of freezing rain .

The son has a job before and after school taking care of horses on a nearby horse farm . That is the reason he was out and about early this morning .

5 Likes

Hey @JO_Olsson l saw the news today, it sayd you had only -5C, but we were battleing with freezing water pipes at work all day at -15C. You didnt steel our “equatoric” climate did you? :smile:

2 Likes