Life goes on - Winter 2016

Once you get into severe cold weather it’s not uncommon. Maybe we’re lucky that way? :slight_smile: I hear that further south it can be seen sometimes when climbing mountains. How prominent it is depends on the quantity and shape of ice crystals. Usually it isn’t that well defined, more frequently you just see the refracted images of the sun left and right, which will be where the ancient name came from.

It is a type of rainbow. Here’s another composite picture taken many years ago…

1 Like

Garry we get extrema cold at night sometimes 35 below but it warms up in the day hardly ever below zero during the day happens but not common. And to be honest if it is below 10 degrees I tend to keep my head down and get back inside.

1 Like

I don’t think many people were admiring the view here either. :slight_smile:

I think for the ice crystals aloft the air has to be pretty cold high up, hard to say if that happens much in coastal areas.

You might see a halo around the moon, that’s probably the same conditions but at night.

1 Like

I have seen it around the moon that looks cool too.

1 Like

Just FYI, for those of you coming to Argos from the south… Louisville just started charging tolls on the I-65 bridge. They’re using all electronic toll systems, you’ll get a bill in the mail for $4 each way if you drive across without a transponder.

https://riverlink.com/tolling-info/faq.aspx

If you go a little bit west you can catch the I-64 bridge, which is still free.

1 Like

Is that the Nibiru Nemesis plant system to the right of the sun that I have been reading about that will cause a pole shift in 2017 or 2018. Great picture! Alot of talk on this subject on the Internet right now. I have seen other pictures, this is the best one yet. Jesus said when you see signs in the heaven look up for your redemption draws near. It’s interesting how NASA and our Goverment is silent on this subject.
Bob

I believe the image to the right of the sun in the picture is just a reflection of the sun in the camera lens or ccd, it appears in a second picture I took at the same time but in a different orientation to the sun.

Regards,

1 Like

From Wikipedia:
“The idea of the Nibiru encounter originated with Nancy Lieder, a Wisconsin woman who claims that as a girl she was contacted by gray extraterrestrials called Zetas, who implanted a communications device in her brain. In 1995, she founded the website ZetaTalk to disseminate her ideas.”

The original date of the encounter was supposed to be May 2003.

Where this gets really interesting is.
There are some people that do believe a planet 9 actually exists (remember pluto is no longer a planet.) way beyond the Kiuper belt. If it -does- exist which it is mathematically predicted to do. It has a mass 10x the size of Earth and has a highly elliptical orbit which takes somewhere around 10-20k years to go around the sun which is inline with the timeframe for pole flops.

2 Likes

Well I for one really hope we don’t see a flip if the poles in my lifetime. I think that would make our current climate issues seem like a walk in the park.

3 Likes

I don’t either. I actually just came to the realization the time frames matched so I wouldn’t start spreading any rumour about it. :slight_smile:

I’ve been using Harbor Freight’s cheap-o Drillmaster impact driver for awhile now, it’s wonderful for working on the road… nobody tries to steal it, if they did it’d be cheap to replace.

The driver itself works fine, but the batteries are really slow to charge. They don’t sell a fast charger for it, only a tiny 4 hour charger. They do have a fast charger that fits their higher quality drills… which are also 18v NiCAD batteries, but they aren’t interchangeable. So I hacked it to fit.

I wouldn’t normally video stuff like this, but I couldn’t find it online anywhere else. Maybe this will help someone.

8 Likes

Excellent hack, Chris. I have both drills and chargers.

Hello all.

I don’t want to hurt any of my friends feelings up north but for the last several days I have been riding around with the windows down . Also the grass is getting green :relaxed:

5 Likes

That ok Wayne. My Windows were down today too; it was 2 degrees above freezing!!!

1 Like

Same here Wayne, it has been nice few days, suposed too cool back too near normal in seven more days. Untill then we are enjoying your nice weather . BBB.

It was 42 degrees today. I should have rolled my windows down too. Maybe winter is going to go away. Oops no it’s not, checked the weather report, 70% change of snow tomorrow and the next day. Maybe next week.
Bob

1 Like

Does anyone know what DOW stands for?? When people use just letters instead of typing out the words, with my old mind I forget what they stand for. Like NFL is National Football League. No one is talking or doing anything with DOW so I need a little refresher. TomC

2 Likes

Drive On Wood (DOW)

As to the warm climate it doesn’t bother me. I just remember that come summer you guys will be hiding inside with ac. In the winter I can put on a coat and go outside. In the summer you can only take off soo much and you are still hot

5 Likes

Sure glad it’s greening back up for you again. You all needed it.
We were at 40 today, so only needed one flannel shirt.

2 Likes

Good morning all.

Hope I don’t come across as being political in any way but I wanted to advise the DOW group the new presidents pick for US agriculture secretary ( Gov Sonny Perdue ) may still have soot on his hands :relaxed:

15 Likes