Life goes on - Winter 2016

Minus 32C this morning, (-25.6F). A new low for the season, but not exceptional. Thursday is supposed to be colder. Doesn’t take long for the dog to be hopping on 3 feet. :smile:

Bring in firewood, I predict cold air coming…

Regards,

5 Likes

That is cold. We are getting our Indian summer late this year it is 50 F here right now was 42 at about 5 am. Got warmer all night. It’s a great day here looked at replacing my bumper on my truck but since I don’t have a blue wrench here I think I will take it over to my mechanic. Those old bolts don’t look like they will come out and if I get it half off it won’t be good driving it to his shop.
So out I go to split some wood. Can’t let a nice day like this go to waste. I am sure we will be back down in the bitter cold in a day or two.

5 Likes

Been workin’ on my Model A and thinkin bout gasification! I discovered I had a couple broken off bolts in my rear end, tried easy outs to no avail, ended up taking it out and milled them out to next size! I thought some of you would enjoy this, everybody likes a nice rear end right?!?!?

All back together now, cleaned up, polished up! It’s the big almost indestructible 9in Ford built on the Jaguar design, independent, inboard brakes with coil overs. Been under there for 20 years! Herb

12 Likes

Minus 34C this morning. The extension cord for the block heater is very stiff. Minus 1 forecast for Tuesday, very weird weather, but I won’t complain.

Yesterday morning was another matter, winds were gusting up to 84kmh in the eastern part of the province, low air temperature and ample snow made for zero visibility, and drifting. A coworker reported seeing 2 semis in the ditch in the same spot, one became disoriented and drove off the road, the second followed his tracks.

2 Likes

Here’s a very short video to show what -30 F is like

9 Likes

Very cool I have always wanted to build a hot rod based on the 30s coupe. I would love to see a hot rod running on a gasificer.

2 Likes

Wow, wow, wow!!! That rear end is so beautiful, it should be on display in your living room. ( yea, I know. Women don’t see things like we do.) If not the rear end in the living room, at least a nice big picture of it. It is a work of art. Does that engine run and is the supercharger functional. Could or can you drive it on the street.? I am so envious. Someone had a '29 A roadster FG body for sale for $1000 on Craigslist. I wanted so bad to buy that but realize at my age the dream of having a '29A High Boy is over. TomC

3 Likes

Very nice work, Herb.

Out of curiosity, what kind/vintage of mill is that you’re using?

1 Like

Bill, that was the same temperature as here this morning. Things start to feel different when it gets that cold. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HaHa thanks Tom, I know you’ve got some gearhead in ya, figued you would like that! Yeah it’s a functional blower, off of a 671 Detroit diesel, I put high speed bearings in it, made the front drive, 3in flat drive pulley set up, made the intake manifold years ago! I drive it about every day in nice weather!
Nick that’s an old “Index” milling machine, early 1940’s Version I think, not that great but I like it! Thanks everyone! Herb

3 Likes

Well herb we have never met in person, but i am glad you have the motovation too tacle a new project, wood gas that one when you can,my dad has about 6 of them 9 inch fords axels left from his circle track years. They proble need rebearings as have been sitting out back for 15 plus years, keep up the good fight.

2 Likes

January moonlight

12 Likes

Was that taken by the same person that took the last one you posted. Something about the clarity of the picture that is different. TomC

1 Like

Yes. Son-in-law is the one with the fancy camera :wink:
Click the picture and the colours will show.

1 Like

Beautiful picture. Send him to Argos, we need some “Glamour Shots”, , , of our trucks.

2 Likes

Ha ha, I’ll tell him.

The other day when the weather was rough this is what the sun looked like - sundogs - ice crystals in the air…

11 Likes

Garry that is cool I have never seen that before.

1 Like

That allmost looks like a ice rainbow, wild weather, my older brother was catching an ice storm last night 1/2"on the trees and climeing, probley lot of dow’ers out of power in mid west up through ohio valley.

Rev.bible think tank,peterkling trump brexit.