Life goes on - Winter 2016

Good morning All :relaxed:

The US Top Cop to be (,US Senator Jeff Sessions ) has seen wood power up close and personal. His top aids have visited and DOW. I think he may be able to aid and support any laws that help DOW.

In conversation with Mr. AG to be he said we have already proven the benefits of wood power,:relaxed:

http://www.alafarmnews.com/index.php/archiveshomepage/1952-alabama-farmers-study-cutting-edge-bioenergy-technologies

I feel that we have come a long way from the ole red wood hog. Sure would like to give him a white knuckle ride in the V-8 Dakota !!

16 Likes

With all the wood wast we throw into the land fills to just rot in the USA and just burn up to get rid of it. It would be nice to start having Goverment leaders and Law Inforcement step up to know the benefits of DOW everywhere in the USA. This is a Great start on this Wayne in your area of the USA. Congratulations on your part.
Bob

4 Likes

Wayne, may I get to go to the White House with you in next few years?

4 Likes

Yes Doug.

I think if invited to such a high place it would be proper we wear our Sunday overalls with the top buttons fasten :blush:

7 Likes

That was a Great article you posted. It is time for even more recognition, for DOW. Maybe putting your book in the hands of the Right Key Leaders would help.
Bob

2 Likes

There won’t be any slowing your driving down now. You are friends with the head of all ticket fixers. TomC

3 Likes

Hey Chris S. I saw this on a TV news story about the blind being helped by sighted volunteers for day to day assistance through their own smart phone. The volunteer just uses their own phone to see and say in real time for guidance. If this was possible for the un blind wood gasser, I would buy Walmart gift cards for the helper to have expert eyes getting out of a jam. The last time I was in the habit of blowing up air cleaner housings, Don M. was using his eyes and ears telling me what was happening beyond my comprehension. We both agreed that a rapidly shaking hood meant that the vacuum gauges would then drop to zero as we were driving along. A Felpro head gasket on the passenger side will stop a flame front from sneaking from one cylinder to the other. Pictures later on the premium side.
http://www.bemyeyes.org/

4 Likes

Hey Doug, and @Chris the Friday Hangouts. Linked it to your smart cell phone would work. It’s also free part of the membership. Or is there to much of a delay time for it to work through the networking? Of course you could do it on a different day then Friday Hangout time. My 11/2 cents worth.
Bob

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see how this is any different than a video hangout. Both will use a fair bit of data, but most of us have wifi at home. Good idea either way!

3 Likes

Hi Chris if I used my phone data plan when I am driving down the road with my smart phone and pad at the same time, it would work on the Friday Hang Out? Right. Or do have to use a computer.
Bob

2 Likes

Nice work Wayne on the top cop too be suporting DOW. You may have too make a comerciel too promote dow on regular tv, for energy independece .

1 Like

I hope the wind of change will blow some of American ideas in to the old Europe, we realy need someone to loosen our belts. Here you allmost need a goverment aporoved allowence to wipe your a*s…

6 Likes

Sure, you can get on the Hangout from mobile. Just click the link.

If you’re on a limited data plan, I’d turn off the video part to save some data.

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone at DOW!

Bryan Stater and Family

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada, and a cheer for all the turkeys that didn’t receive a presidential pardon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving woodgassers. Just don’t let uncle Dave say grace.

Uncle Dave’s Grace
by Peter Berryman,

Thanksgiving day Uncle Dave was our guest
Who reads the Progressive which makes him depressed
We asked Uncle Dave if he’d like to say grace
A dark desolation crept over his face

Thanks he began as he gazed at his knife
To poor Mr. Turkey for living his life
All crowded and cramped in a great metal shed
Where life was a drag then they cut off his head

Thanks he went on for the grapes in my wine
Picked by sick women of seventy nine
Scrambling all morning for bunch after bunch
Then brushing the pesticide off of their lunch

Thanks for the stuffing all heaped on my fork
Shiny with sausage descended from pork
I think of the trucks full of pigs that I see
And can’t help imagine what they think of me

Continuing, I’d like to thank if you please
Our salad bowl hacked out of tropical trees
And for this mahogany table and chair
We thank all the jungles that used to be there

For cream in our coffee and milk in our mugs
We thank all the cows full of hormones and drugs
Whose calves are removed at a very young age
And force-fed as veal in a minuscule cage

Oh thanks for the furnace that heats up these rooms
And thanks for the rich fossil fuel it consumes
Corrupting the atmosphere ounce after ounce
But we’re warm and toasty and that is what counts

I’m grateful he said for these clothes on my back
Lovely and comfy and cheap off the rack
Fashioned in warehouses noisy and cold
In China by seamstresses seven years old

And thanks for my silverware setting that shines
In memory of miners who died in the mines
Worn down by the shoveling of tailings in piles
Whose runoff destroys all the rivers for miles

We thank the reactors for our chandelier
Although the plutonium won’t disappear
For hundreds of decades it still will be there
But a few more Chernobyls and who’s gonna care

Sighed Uncle Dave though there’s more to be told
The wine’s getting warm and the bird’s getting cold
And with that he sat down as he mumbled again
Thank you for everything, amen

We felt so guilty when he was all through
It seemed there was one of two things we could do
Live without food in the nude in a cave
Or next year have someone say grace besides Dave

11 Likes

That was a good one Don
Looks like old uncle Dave had a good understanding of life.:smiley:

4 Likes

Farm on wood.

7 Likes

Hilarious, but with the nauseating ring of truth. Where is the poem from originally?

In a similar vein, here’s some real world alarm bells…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/11/17/the-north-pole-is-an-insane-36-degrees-warmer-than-normal-as-winter-descends/?utm_term=.d573cea2cd60

The precise global temperature map seems hard to debate against.

5 Likes

As the sun went down this evening, I watched and listened to a large flock of Canada geese flying along the river in Brandon, Manitoba. Not heading south, just exercising their wings, coming back from grazing fields.

Grass is still green in the fields despite the earlier frost. The lakes will be nowhere near frozen yet, and in the north of the province polar bears are still waiting on shore to be able to hunt on the ice. It’s minus 5 in their staging area today, and they estimate they need 6 months of ice time on average to be able to survive. I’ve never seen anything like this kind of weather.

I fear how abnormal the climate may get from here on. It may be as we look back that this time was the departure point. Without a gentle and predictable climate that meets the needs of the natural world we will have nothing. Money feeds no one without nature’s blessings. No advanced culture exists in the absence of agriculture, truths that corporations and short sighted people deny.

That’s what I am most impressed by with this group, I see a bunch of people fighting against the current, making a new path, of carbon neutrality and sustainability, or just for the sake of doing major things with overlooked resources, possibly our only path to sustain our way of life.

For now, and especially on this day, I recognize what we have to give thanks for, and hope for many good years to come.

Regards,

9 Likes