Life goes on - Winter 2016

Drought !!!

In may area 52 days without rain was the record. Today will be our 53rd day without rain and the 10 day weather forecast shows none.:cry:

1 Like

Where is the unlike button. Wow Wayne, that is a long time with out rain. We Will be praying for a weather change for you people down there with some moisture in it. May God Bless You All With Rain, In Jesus Name.
Bob

2 Likes

Wayne, sorry to hear about the drought. Here in SoCal, it is the norm. THAT is why I bought land in western oregon, just for the water. My spring up on the hill puts out 7,000 gallons a day. Plus, I’m on the bank of the Coquille river.
NASA has said that the drought will get worse. You already know about the Ogallala acquifer dropping fast. Here is a map of our acquifers, http://water.usgs.gov/ogw/aquifer/map.html
The acquifer under the central valley in California is falling so fast the ground level is dropping drastically.
if you want to get the best picture of the weather, you need to spend some time reading Suspicious Observers
http://www.suspicious0bservers.org/
If you’re the curious type, you should read up on the work of Piers Corbyn.
http://www.weatheraction.com/
We definitely ARE in climate change. It is most assuredly driven by the sun. Keep in mind that we are in the Pleistocene Ice Age. We are enjoying one of the brief (11,000) year warm interruptions. This particular interruption (the Holocene) has run to 13,000 years. We are overdue for a return of the ice. It can happen in as little as 30 years.
Suspicious Observers also has a good track record of predicting earthquakes based on solar activity. They proved to the USGS that all 7+ magnitude earthquakes are tied to the solar polar reversal cycle.

4 Likes

The wife and I out riding yesterday for no reason .:relaxed:

12 Likes

We have a 60% chance for rain on the 28th, but it’s been a very long time since we had any… Dayssinceitrained.com says 58… Plus 14 days 72 consecutive days…

“I’m dreaming of a wet Thanksgiving” anyone?

1 Like

Any sign of rain yet Wayne? I’m still praying for you all to get wet when you walk outside.
Bob

2 Likes

Hello Mr. Bob.

Thanks much for your concern !

Two months now without rain but a chance of rain in the long range fro-cast about a week from now.

I don’t have to be outside very long until I am wet . It is still summer down here . :confounded:

5 Likes

Hello Wayne.
At the farm here , we have had 21 inches of rain since the snow left in April, rain on 24 separate occasions.
To the north there was more rain.
The ground never got to dry out very well between rains and the crops were diseased.
Our average rain fall I believe is about 9 inches over that same period.
We were forecasted to have a very dry year.
Whether patterans are really changing.
Cal…

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about the record drought. In Manitoba it’s been the same as Saskatchewan, more rain by far than normal, wettest October on record. Creeks and rivers are running like springtime. The weeds never stopped sprouting all summer, usually by the end of June the top of the soil is dry enough that’s not an issue, made for extra field work, extra fall cultivating especially with the record warm fall weather. We should be like Sweden, ground frozen, lakes frozen. Instead birches have released their spring catkins, dandelions are still blooming. Finally the weather is nearing freezing temperatures.

The weather seems quite disrupted, some areas seem to be getting all the rain meant for others.

Hudson bay hasn’t frozen over yet, and may not for a while, the polar bears are waiting for ice to hunt on over a month longer than in the 70’s, at this rate they won’t be there in a generation.

Regards, Garry

4 Likes

We have had very little rain too this summer. South east coast farmers taking turns in drilling deeper wells, stealing the water from each other.
Electric prices are forcasted to get close to all time high this winter. Sweden rely on 50/40 hydro/nuclear. Norway even worse, close to 100% hydro. Lot’s of expensive coal based electric from Denmark, Polen, Baltic and Russia will have to be imported.
Wood power. BBB.

4 Likes

Minus 12C here this morning, (10F), that’s the end of dandelions blooming. Canada geese were flying south last evening, very exceptional to see geese here at this date. I hear there was a very bad snow storm over the Dakotas and Minnesota, but we were far to the north of that, just cold clear sky. Time to start discharging the cellulose-lignin solar batteries… :grinning:

Regards, Garry

5 Likes

Maybe those geese will show up here in a couple of days. As of now, I have seen no flights of them. Unusual, because we are so close to a lot of water and farming is good, with cornfields that have been or are ready for harvest, so they gather here into bigger flights before leaving for the south. TomC

4 Likes

That makes sense, they have been staying north while the weather has been so mild. I think they also like to take advantage of a good wind to push them along. If that’s true, in the next couple of days you should be seeing them.

Garry

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kevin Rowland’s truck gasifier project

The hopper holds 8 five gallon buckets. And the ammo cans are just off the roll around cart the gasifier is sitting in. Thanks for the compliments. I made the air\gas devider plentom a day ago or so, i have to add extra gas pedel for gas under the carb, as i couldent see how well the carb would last , with out the char loading the float bowl sooner or later with gas in at the air cleaner rought.

5 Likes

Looking good Kevin.

Before long you will be SWEM :relaxed:

3 Likes

Thanks Wayne and Jan,Well its well built, i built it out of heavy fuel oil drum steel sheet in thinking the gasifier will last a bit longer, and the weight for my truck in the winter time traction.Caint wait too finish my truck so i can count on it while SWEMing.

4 Likes

Looking forward to your fire up, Kevin. Interesting design.

3 Likes

It will be nice too have ready too roll on wood, when gas goes crazy again.The truck i bought too gasifi was a mistake i made before buying the WK book, other wize i would have went with fuel injected truck for easyer hooking up too the motor.

2 Likes

It has been nice haveing dow for suport while building my gasifier,I would have never been able too build one this exclusive , and well proven design as the WK design.Thanks Wayne Keith , chris saenz And dow builders for the building tips along the way.

5 Likes