Life goes on - Winter 2016

I may not have a gas afire going yet . I may not be DOW . I will stay warm on wood the news said we had the warmest October ever November is starting out the same way an just like Wayne we need rain I’am sure we will get both .

7 Likes

Drive In Wood.

14 Likes

We were very happy to have Ron and Rhonda Lemler drop in Friday afternoon and spend the night. They are “out and about” looking at equipment to replace that what was lost in the fire. We had a tour of the mill I work at, and hope they can find what they need soon, Safe travels.

8 Likes

Thanks That is great news. TomC

4 Likes

My son in law works at the Holland Bowl Mill that still uses turn of the century machines like this.

6 Likes

Now that was a very cool video Don.

Only a couple hours from me. I have got to see this some Saturday in person. I always wondered how this was done…thanks for sharing!

Bryan

1 Like

Way too cool, Don thanks for the video. Some things do not need to be changed. Man made tools, man made bowls. No computers, just the MAN and his hands and his talent craftsmanship.
Bob

4 Likes

Really enjoyed that video, Don. The most eye opening for me was, they machine one bowl and then another and another, off the same set up. I see some OSHA problems with that square block of wood spinning at such high speed, but I’m sure it isn’t what it appeared. Soooo my big questions is— do they make all of those wooden shoes that tourist buy when there?? TomC

2 Likes

No, not there. There are three other places around town that do that though.

1 Like

I wish one of you guys that are good at finding youtube videos would find one on baby “play block” manufacturing!! I have tried a time or two with no success but that would have to be the ideal way to process fuel! Herb

Busy burning wood

I have a bad exhaust leak on the V-10 I need to fix this week or talk louder while videoing :blush:

3 Likes

Election day in the US.

I think I may have been the only one that drove a wood powered vehicle to my polling place . :relaxed:

13 Likes

The gasifier is cooling down. Parked for the moment.

6 Likes

What is all of the white stuff? LOL

3 Likes

Ha! We had it too yesterday! Still havent got m+s tires on, shuld put them on soon.

3 Likes

Michael, it’s called snow. An inherited punishment.
My ancestors didn’t realise the consequences of walking towards the north pole. To late to do anything about it now. I would get too far from my wood source :smile:

Kristijan! I didn’t know you used winter tires. To me you live close to the equator. I put mine on only a couple of weeks ago.

3 Likes

Yes they are obligatory from 15.11 to 15.3. But us “highlanders” like to put them on a lit sooner, or never put them off at all.

Ha, equator. Sure. I think we have quite similar climates actualy, just the timeframe is changed.

3 Likes

WOW! Jan-Ola, Get the Snowboard/Skiis out and go ride/Ski that stuff. Do you have a Charcoal Gasified Snowblower? Winter has arrived at your place. SWEM (Smile With Every Meter) , SNOW (Shovel Now Or Wait.
Bob

3 Likes

Not yet. My shovel is powered by pork and potatoes :smile:

5 Likes

Jan-Ola, if you eat alot of Beans with the pork you will produce a lot more and better Quality Gas, to run on.
Bob

3 Likes