Life goes on - Winter 2017

Good observation Steve, I was watching on the small screen too. Green wood would work far better. I agree with Dan, I would say 80hp at least driven through a truck transmission. Which about figures, it takes power to rip up a sizeable dry log.

Back to alcoholic concoctions, I believe mead can be made with any sugar liquid so honey mead, maple mead and birch mead as well. At one time maple sugar was an export from Canada that eased England’s dependence on foreign produced sugar.

1 Like

I am with steve on this one.
The logs are dry and they are running water spray on it to keep the screw cool. Just like i run a water drip on my ban saw when sawing oak but when sawing pine i use a mix of diesel fuel and used oil to keep the rosin off the band to were it wont build up heat.

3 Likes

If you go back to my post 668, and follow the link, to watch the other 2 videos on that YT channel, you will deduce he is using the wood chunks to run a massive wood-chunk gasifier, to run a spark ignition-converted diesel, to turn a large generator, to run his factory, probably CHP. That is why I was so excited to find this video!
Thanks, again, @piergol

4 Likes

Wow! Great vidios MikeR and PierreG.
Both of the other shows a lot overall systems operations and operators.
This is a big ongoing EVOLVING working power making operation.
The gasifier plant operator is wearing pratical black, shows him gravity bin drop refueling the obviously been working HOT gasifier hearth maker.
The young short haired engineman is wearin no-loose clothing shopwear and looks to be very serious minded. TWO diffnet engine gnerator systems.
The milling plant operation is showing two different bagged plant made products: white milled flour? Food? Non-edible manufacturing ingredient? And some type of yellowish made up pellet, kernel-flake?

One video shows them having previously been using a lift-blade saw to “chunk” section saw up limbs and trunk-stem woods.

Sigh. Wished i could understand the voice over explanations in these other two videos.

All in all. A very serious put to work operation.
Not a geek thought experiment.

Regards
tree-farmer Steve unruh

3 Likes

Amazing naturally skill? Auger making idea!

5 Likes

Homemade eternal log for the stove. Save up to 50% on heating! Really? (Russian language)

1 Like

It’s hard to appreciate just how good an eye the guy has who is pounding out that hot steel. In the West, it isn’t all that expensive to buy.
http://www.rfsaugerflighting.com/

3 Likes

Just after wake up from surgery… posting on DOW…

had both side inguinal hernia to be fixed. warning, getting old and heavy lifting does go wrong some day…

12 Likes

Seems like a forced unwanted holiday.

This statement never made sense until the last couple of years as I approach 50.
Hope you recover and heal quick
Regards
Werner

6 Likes

Good morning Koen .

Hope you are up and going strong soon .

5 Likes

Sorry to hear you are taking a forced vacation. Hope the doc gives you a ‘‘charcoal’’ pill every day so you don’t suffer withdrawals. TomC

7 Likes

Ha! Woodgas developers seem to have more mind(will) than a body can take.
You are now the second developer I know who has confessed to hernia surgery from overwilling it.

I do this stoopid! too with too large of willpower dragged in stump butt cut blocks of wood. Stevie-boy 150 pounders is TOO much anymore! Sacrifice a saw-chain and some kerosene for the pitch to get them whittled down to only 75 pounders!

K.V.L. maybe your event and recovery will let you will-bend to allowing more students with youthful helping hands and backs.

Regards
tree-farmer Steve unruh

4 Likes

I’ve been out of the loop for a while. I’ve been missing some really good subjects posted here lately.

We’ve been slammed trying to get ready for our late spring/summer programs. Things are getting done, but the list seems to stay long…

Then I got the flu. That has forced me to stop working so much outside and come in to get some other things finished that needed to be done. Like sending out a news letter, and an invitation to our OpenHouse in May.

Here’s a few dropbox links for anyone interested in what we’ve been up to…swem!:grin:

Dropbox - ADAPTech Newsletter March 2018.docx - Simplify your life

2 Likes

Some of us may consider this :smile:

9 Likes

We could see open ground here the other day which is about a month early if you ask me. But tonight we are getting to 2 feet of snow so I might have to do that myself tomorrow…

3 Likes

Steve I have learned the hard way to use a tractor or some other from of mechanical assistance to lift heavy things and I am not anywhere near old enough for it to be an age thing. Well unless you count the fact that I have had arthritis pains since I was in high school.
Koen hope your back on your feet welding up some of that scrap metal you find so well soon. But get plenty of help with the lifting part may be you could build a gasifier for a tractor and them when you use the tractor to lift things you would be showing the world how to be safe while protecting the environment at the same time.

6 Likes

Koen,

I hope you can heal quickly and feel better than ever before! Thanks for all you do, sharing all your great works and information and inspiring others to think outside of the box…

Bryan

4 Likes

Finally, will be only working on the airport job 1 or 2 days a week. Got a few daffodils starting to bloom, sunny day and 50 degrees!
Fired up the wood truck and had an eat out breakfast
Fired up the rototiller, old old 8HP, probably weighs 200+ lbs. 20’ X 75’ area garden plot.
At an overweight 71 YO guy I don’t think I will move out of my recliner for the rest of the day

7 Likes

Hope you heal well and in body and spirt, my newbers bro had hernia for years, no insurence, no help.he may have got fixed after the health care passed under the old administration.

2 Likes