Life goes on - Winter 2017

Thats big work out for older folk, bet the hot shower got turned on.

2 Likes

Winter is still holding its grip on us. Today I shoveled snow off wood shed and porch roofs for the second time this winter.

9 Likes

I remember seeing you drive the rabbit down the slope to the walk out basement. Wonā€™t that fill with water when all that snow starts to melt ā€” or do you collect it in the basement for your heating system?:grin: TomC

1 Like

Thereā€™s a drain right outside the doors and a channel under the doorstep to another one on the inside, just in case the outer drain is plugged with ice. I collect a lot of things, but not water :smile:

5 Likes

Hello all. Iā€™m lucid for a few miutes here between groggy sleeping/coughing/etc. spells so I thought Iā€™d send a note and let everyone know I actually didnā€™t have the flu. Turns out it was a pretty big thyroid crash followed by pneumonia and severe pleurisy. Had little sleep for many days. Got some expensive doctor drugs yesterday. They seem to be starting to work. Hope everyone out there is doing well. Later.

6 Likes

Billy, sure hope you get better soon being sick is a real bummer . I am just getting over pneumonia my self so I kind of know what you are going through .Just hang in there and know we are all praying for you .

2 Likes

I feel for both of you, I just finished nursing my wife through pneumonia. Now she is feeling fairly normal and trying to get the house back to her standard of cleanliness, up from mine.

3 Likes

Koen I feel for you too and would suggest you build something comparable to the commercial product in this video. Could be used on a Reese hitch or on a truck or trailer bed.

4 Likes

Been occupied with winter life and away from DOW for a bit. Koen, I hope you are mending well. Billy, sounds like a scary time for you too. Prayers and blessings for both of you.

5 Likes

Found a better video for you Koen.

2 Likes

Good morning Billy.

Hope you are back on your feet and a speedy recovery .

3 Likes

Thanks all for the well wishing, hasnā€™t worked yet I guess. Fever is staying low now, but cough is getting much worse. The cough suppressant really knocks me down. . canā€™t do anything. Typing this then back to bed.

Wishing you the same Billy, thatā€™s serious business. Sure humbles a person, to realize that we are little more than our good health and strength. Every day is a gift.

Hope youā€™re out enjoying the sun and on with your ambitious projects soon,

6 Likes

I think the fever is finally gone . I slept through he night in 3 pieces last night. Thatā€™s new, usually itā€™s awake every 20 or 30 minutes. Everyday seems a little better, but I am really impatient with it. Progress seems too slow.
Like you saidā€¦ambitious projects, and deadlines. Good news I guess, picked up some more training days to teach. that helps keep the courage up, but also fills days in a busy schedule. Oh well, nothing I can do, but that which I can, so Iā€™ll try to enjoy some time off.
Iā€™ve lost weight. I donā€™t have an appetite at all.

6 Likes

So sorry that it has been so tough. It is good to hear that you are on the mend.

3 Likes

Woke up this morning and outside temp was -21C. Still, with a clear sky, the sun managed to melt a litte snow on the roof and a few drops were heard in the gutter.
I shoveled the snow off the porch Iā€™m sitting on the other day. Itā€™s 4ft+ above ground level.

Itā€™s only a matter of time and spring will be here.

12 Likes

Hello JO

No snow here :grinning:

IMG_0057

13 Likes

Hahaha, thatā€™s funny!
I see you manage with only one pair of socks :smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s amazing how small ones world becomes when the snow is up to his belt. Next comes he mud. You are not alone. Sure beats the snakes that chace you the have in other places. Canā€™t wait to get out in the garden. But for now I will watch the snow melt and the water run.

3 Likes

This company sells heat exchangers for ac units and the electrics needed to turn on the water pump when the compressor is to run.

http://www.hotspotenergy.com/titanium-pool-heat-exchangers/

2 Likes