Life goes on - Winter 2018

No snow for me…

Spending this weekend in the hospital , hand surgery, bad case of trigger finger…

But DOW is always with me… :grin:

19 Likes

Sorry about your finger Koen .

Glad you are staying in touch .

7 Likes

Glad to see they offer you a bed.
Starting to look more like an essembly line here. As soon as you’re conscious you get a bus-ticket home :smile:

2 Likes

Koen,

Thanks for letting us know. I pray for a speedy recovery. Blessings!

4 Likes

Glad to see and hear that you can still type on the computer. Now with all your fingers back to functioning, I expect to hear more wisdom from you. Keep up the good work. TomC

3 Likes

Could be worse our hospitals keep people only so long as their insurance will cover the cost.

3 Likes

Hmm…Dan, I was walking the dogs in -20C this morning :innocent:

3 Likes

Well we are at -10C and snowing today. Weird dang storm it keeps making sleet and is switching to a freezing rain at these cold temps. So far my power hasn’t gone out. But our low for the day is predicted to be -20C with a high tomorrow of -14C. I will be happy when it gets a little warmer. At these temperatures I tend to not want to go too far from my wood stove and tomorrow I get to plow out this mess already over a foot deep with my D15 which doesn’t have a cab. I think that will be a cold job.
I remember an old dog I had as a kid wouldn’t want to go out at these temperatures. She would run out do her thing and run right back to the door.

5 Likes

It was minus 32 here this morning, minus 34 yesterday morning. In cold like this it makes for blinding sunny days.

House dogs get soft in these conditions, hopping on 3 feet in short order. :slight_smile:

We had a dog once that would approach the back door, and could sense how cold it was, then wouldn’t want to go outside at all. :smiley: Can’t say she was dumb…

3 Likes

Best wishes to Koen !

I was told that you do not get well in a hospital, from the nurses at the hospital. The faster you can get home the faster you get better, I agree. I was walking the hospital hallways the next day after major surgery, more like a zombie walk. :grinning: It works.

Yesterday I felt extremely tired, like the end of the line tired. Forced my self to dress up and go for a walk in the snow. Today I feel good ! ! Nothing like cold fresh air and snow to cure your ills ! ! ! Oh, and exercise.

Solar-Fuel, onward !

13 Likes

I think Koen will have a long walk to find snow… :rofl:

6 Likes

For those who expressed interest in random things…and those curious about what a “Broadcast Engineer” really does… (Jack of all trades and master of none), here are some “satellite” photos :smirk:

The little DSS dish stuck in the snowpile is for size comparison.
plus an older video with the same theme.

It was -6 degrees F this morning. The snow was left from Saturday.

6 Likes

hahaha. I like it…But they look more like satellite dish photos Mike.

2 Likes

-36 C this morning. The school board cancelled busses yesterday at -28 but they were on today… go figure, probably angry phone calls. My troopers were out waiting for the bus playing arctic explorer.

Crisp and clear, nice sunny day.

11 Likes

I was riding my motorcycle through the desert, I think in New Mexico, and I came across a large line of very tall radio dishes. I found out that they were there to listen to outer space to see if they could hear any other life in the solar system. At that point, in the desert, I was beginning to wonder the same thing. TomC

7 Likes

Diy snow forts for sale.
Price negotiable.
I will help load.

14 Likes

I’ll take 2, can they be shipped? All of our snow today came melted.:umbrella:

3 Likes

What Al said and it is still coming down.

4 Likes

Sure we can ship them with a freezer truck but your responsibility for the shipping charges.

2 Likes

If your patient, the snow will melt then evaporate into the sky. Later it will rain down on Al, free shipping just like eBay… (solar energy :sunglasses:)

Solar-Fuel, onward !

7 Likes