Life goes on - Winter 2021

Sorry the topic move is so late. Here’s a video I posted ten years ago this week.

9 Likes

10 Years !!! Wow how the time flies by.

5 Likes

Got a new position at the dealership. Moved over to the Parts Department as a driver. Got a little bit of a raise, making 13.50 now instead of 12 an hour. I’m hoping there’s room for raises without necessarily needing to change job description.

At least now I’ll always have weekends off and I’ll be home before dark.

12 Likes

Congratulations Cody.

6 Likes

Here you go . . . . Christmas tool lists:

Tell them you will keep the old cell phone but instead gift-buy for you from these lists. (Of course you know you’ll have to buy for yourself.)
Chunker maker blade is 3/4 the way through the 2020 listings.
Steve Unruh

5 Likes

Upvote for ANYTHING made by knipex. Best. Pliers. EVER. I have the cobra grip pliers (worlds best channel locks) side cutters, mini bolt cutters, copper cutters, crimpers and a few other things. Proof in the pudding, they survived the wrecking yard experience and still going strong 8 years later daily accused and abused. For a short period they had contracts to make all things pliers for Mac and snapon tools, and backed out after they saw the mark up put on the tools. Side cutters? 90$ from Mac. Local electrical supplier? 31$

7 Likes

Just completed one of 6 OSHA required courses. Hazmat was the first one. They’re making me print out the certificate and it looks like something out of a cereal box. I hope they’ll give me a few days to get the other ones done because just the Hazmat course took me about 2 hours and it’s bedtime.

5 Likes

It’s been pretty cold for several weeks. Constantly between 0 to 10F (-18 to -12C).
Only a few degrees below freezing right now, but expecting 6-8 inches of snow tomorrow. I don’t know which I dislike the most - temp or snow.

I prepared the Fergie with the snow blade today. Also, wife insists on going for a longer trip tomorrow. Loaded the Volvo with a couple bags of chunks and since we were discussing fuel sizes and spieces the other day - these are two typical bags of mine. One with 90% birch and one with 90% alder. Some willow and mountain ash mixed in as well.

12 Likes

Going to test milage for each Jo?

2 Likes

Naw, they just happened to be close to eachother. I know I will get about 20% better milage on the bag of birch chunks, which is about 20% heavier.
Tomorrow’s trip is long enough I will end up doing a hot refill anyway.

5 Likes

Upon hearing more news regarding Ukraine I have been praying for our friends there. I hope that the situation doesn’t get worse.

7 Likes

Here TomH and all other motor-heads, now winter weather getting shut-in.
Made-in-Germany MTU four-stroke V-20 engines from casting to new assembly to an in-service repair:

The BIG-BIG inline two-stroke heavy-fuel-oil engine are larger with more power but only 100-320 RPM.
This one is high speed at 1150 RPM. Has a cam-in-block; push rods, and valve rocker arms.
Interesting to me that the hands-on-humans were doing all of the assembly and repair working. A wowser 72,000 service hours typical. (~3,120,000 equivalent miles)
S.U.

4 Likes

And now for something completely different… :innocent:

1 Like

Well been very winter storm windy and raining here the last 24 hours.
Hard to get the satellite Internet to smoothly download the great music links fellows been put up.

Then this morning I found wedged into our timber patch a big 12 foot diameter children trampoline.
Three door knockings later I found the owner.
It had Dorothy flew across three, 5 acre house lots properties. Three fence lines not touched. About 1200 feet.
Too blowing wet for trampoline retrieval. Squish. Squish. Splash. Splash. Low spots flooding.

S.U.

7 Likes

Same weather north of you Steve, trees down all over. Just got out of the beaver swamp. How highs the water mama? Said 3 feet high and rising…

5 Likes

Today I had to pick up my daughter in Amsterdam. Havent been there in maybe ten years. You see those small things everywhere. Strange looking. Just my observation. Dont know what to think about it. Why not a bicycle? The good thing, they are smaller then a normal car.

5 Likes

I’m surprised there aren’t more Christiania Tricycles in Amsterdam. I’ve been thinking of building one with ebike wheels.

2 Likes

There are, but with two wheels. More flex in traffic. With three wheels you have to drive between cars and that isnt really fast in a city.

4 Likes

I remember reading about the Citroën AMI maybe 6 months ago. IIRC in parts of Europe you can drive them without a license and over the age of something like 14 it was young. That is because they are a low speed vehicle I forget the Max speed but it was on the order of 30mph.
Not sure how I feel about that but it is definitely a cultural difference. Here the idea of driving something that small and slow would be considered crazy. You would be a speed bump to the jacked up American pickups.

5 Likes

The AMI is a real car. If you registrate under agriculture license and it doesnt go faster then 30 kmph , it could be possible. I see normal cars here in the polder with plates like that. Youngsters that dont want a bike. Exceptions of the rule. You wont get away with that in a city. Yes officer, I am on my way to my cows. :grinning: :grinning:.

5 Likes